The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They realise the tough job I've got and perhaps that's why they've chosen me because they've seen me getting through tough jobs like this before."

McLeish takes his side to West Brom on Saturday and faces a home game against Champions League-chasing Tottenham before a final-day trip to Norwich as he tries to stave off relegation.

"This is a tough challenge but I've come through tough ones before and I'm certain we'll make it," he added.

I really do have to ask, when?

Every challenge like this before your team has crumbled and fallen apart without a fight. Yet another bullshit quote from a guy who genuinely doesnt appear to know his arse from his elbow!

Yes, his teams have been screwed, but note that he says HE'S come through okay.

Like the tough challenge of finishing in the top two in Scotland? Okay, Rangers didn't come out too well, but he got the Scotland job!

The tough challenge of not getting relegated with Birmingham? Ok, they were screwed, but he got the Villa job!

You've got to say he's spot on. He does come through tough challenges pretty well (it just sucks to be a supporter of one of the teams he's doing it with...)

Not buying this talk about Lerner informing Mcleish that he'll be gone at the end of the season.

That's the last thing a sane person would do (though that does raise a point in itself), you might encourage Mcleish by threatening him with the sack if he relegates the club, but no way would you tell someone they're off then rely on them for 3 of the most important games in recent history. Silly talk.

Not buying this talk about Lerner informing Mcleish that he'll be gone at the end of the season.

That's the last thing a sane person would do (though that does raise a point in itself), you might encourage Mcleish by threatening him with the sack if he relegates the club, but no way would you tell someone they're off then rely on them for 3 of the most important games in recent history. Silly talk.

4M up front is incentive enough for McLeish I'd imagine.

The only positive is, I dont think he's ever talked AVFC down, unlike GED
Err, yes he has. Remember his comments after the Arsenal debacle?

I'd argue that McLeish is even worse than Houllier for talking the club down. Except instead of talking the club down literally, he does it in the way he sets us up week in week out.

100% agree, all McLeish has had is a public vote of support & probably an arm around the shoulder. At the end of the day he is human & 30k fans in unison telling you to **** Off is not nice, no matter how poor you are.

In the background, the suits may be looking at the wording of his contract

I'd argue that McLeish is even worse than Houllier for talking the club down. Except instead of talking the club down literally, he does it in the way he sets us up week in week out.

Give it a rest, can you stop laying into him now ahead of 3 critical games

It's not his fault he's in the hot seat

I was just responding to your point.

Oh yeah, because he's going to know about people ranting about him on the internet.

Yes it is. If he wasn't such a shit manager we'd be safe by now.

I was just responding to your point.

Oh yeah, because he's going to know about people ranting about him on the internet.

Yes it is. If he wasn't such a shit manager we'd be safe by now.

I'd have to say he has you on all three points there CI.

CI, McLeish decided to take the job, he knew that the stakes were high. You have to take the rough with the smooth. He has done a very poor job and yet continued to talk himself up as being a non-negative Manager. The proof is there. I agree about the three critical games, but we should not be in this position.

Another phase?

Not really not at all, It's time a few just got behind the team now for 3 weeks, go to the games or be supportive on here
We've been behind the team all season! I wasn't at the Bolton game (on holiday) but I heard the fans also got behind the team.

What difference does what we say on here make?

It sets the tone

The fans were brilliant Tuesday until the 80th minute when all hell broke loose (vocally)

I walked out on 87 as i knew there was no way back in that atmosphere

Â