The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

It sets the tone

The fans were brilliant Tuesday until the 80th minute when all hell broke loose (vocally)

I walked out on 87 as i knew there was no way back in that atmosphere

Reading some of your comments, have you had a change of heart since supporting my rant on Radio WM on Wednesday evening?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sets the tone

The fans were brilliant Tuesday until the 80th minute when all hell broke loose (vocally)

Reading some of your comments, have you had a change of heart since supporting my rant on Radio WM on Wednesday evening?

I think he just changes his viewpoint to argue with people. Must like the attention.

It sets the tone

No it doesn't. Just because I'm always ranting about McLeish on here doesn't mean I don't support the team fully.

To be honest I'm sick of this "Let's all just get behind the team" in response to people not liking McLeish attitude. Why does it have to be a straight choice between supporting the team and being against the manager?

Not really not at all, It's time a few just got behind the team now for 3 weeks, go to the games or be supportive on here

The fans will fully support the team, but it appears that they won't pretend that they're not unhappy with the manager.

And if we lose, they have every right to give him pelters for being an inept football manager.

The only positive is, I dont think he's ever talked AVFC down, unlike GED

Indeed.

He does seem to be a 'nice guy'.

Sadly, I don't think that's quite enough.

Don’t know if this has been posted already today but Alan Brasil stated this morn that he does not think the relegator will be with us next season. To my understanding he has links with McLeish so we can only hope this is an informed opinion, not simply regurgitating what is reported elsewhere. This coupled with McLeish tone in today's press release, where to me he indicates that he too has a decision to make and the end of the season (i.e. he is as pissed off with us as we are with him?) all points to him going? I feel the clouds are lifting if, and a big if, we can secure our safety. COME ON VILLA!!!!!

"They realise the tough job I've got and perhaps that's why they've chosen me because they've seen me getting through tough jobs like this before."

Anyone care to pick apart this statement?

I woke up with a chuckle when reading this anyway.

"They realise the tough job I've got and perhaps that's why they've chosen me because they've seen me getting through tough jobs like this before."

Could it be that they wanted a 'Patsy' and he fit the bill perfectly?

Could it be that they wanted a 'Patsy' and he fit the bill perfectly?

I just think its tremendously senile for the man to honestly stand there and claim he has 'got through tough jobs like this before'.

I suppose he is right. Only problem is Alex, you always ended up in a division below the one you were supposed to be in you fat ginger cretin.

I don't pay attention to a word he mutters anymore, he's deluded.

He was deluded to even think this would not all end in tears and even take the job.

The only words I wish to hear from him ever again are 'I resign as manager of Aston Villa'.

Don’t know if this has been posted already today but Alan Brasil stated this morn that he does not think the relegator will be with us next season. To my understanding he has links with McLeish so we can only hope this is an informed opinion, not simply regurgitating what is reported elsewhere. This coupled with McLeish tone in today's press release, where to me he indicates that he too has a decision to make and the end of the season (i.e. he is as pissed off with us as we are with him?) all points to him going? I feel the clouds are lifting if, and a big if, we can secure our safety. COME ON VILLA!!!!!

I didn't hear this specifically - but throughout the day, there have been papers, commentators - all previously defensive of Mcleish, talking about him not being there next season. Even radio WM - Martin O connor - said he didn't think it was him being 'ex blues' - but the fact we had only won 4 home games all season.

I believe the speculation will intensify over the weekend - If we don't beat WBA - his position could be untenable by monday

I know! When Lerner was over are after the Bolton game there was big meeting with the players. At this time he took the players view point of McLeish. It was not good, that's why its coming out now he will not be here next season. What is speculation is the media are now talking about his demise/negativity because the club/board is allowing it. We know the club have a professional hold on the media. If this was not true i believe he would still have there backing like Keane does at Blackburn.

There is no way he can be in the dug out against Tottenham if its make or break or we are already gone, it will be dangerous.

Not really not at all, It's time a few just got behind the team now for 3 weeks, go to the games or be supportive on here
#

The only time that there has been any positive intent at Aston Villa this year is when everybody who bothered to go ignored exactly what your saying.

I hope the club stays up, if it does, it will be everything to do with luck and absolutely nothing to do with McLeish or the fans loathing of him.

He can **** off, what he has done to our club is a travesty and he gets nothing from me beyond the 2m or so wages he has already taken out of your pocket.

I know! When Lerner was over are after the Bolton game there was big meeting with the players. At this time he took the players view point of McLeish. It was not good, that's why its coming out now he will not be here next season. What is speculation is the media are now talking about his demise/negativity because the club/board is allowing it. We know the club have a professional hold on the media. If this was not true i believe he would still have there backing like Keane does at Blackburn.

There is no way he can be in the dug out against Tottenham if its make or break or we are already gone, it will be dangerous.

This is a view point i've not heard before. I can see it being very plausible in all honesty.

How did you come to hear this?

I've not changed my view pacbuddies

As I said a week ago, this is the endgame now

He's here for 3 more weeks max, let's just get behind the lads now and the fans stand united

All this talk of "fan statements" is not good, he's gone anyway

Forget him the club is all that matters now

How do you know this? What is your source?

What else do you know?

Â