The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The Birmingham Mail has a photo and editorial of the one, yes that's right one, Villa fan who came forward after their appeal to find Villa fans in support of McLeish.

I don't know how he had the nerve to let his photo and name be published so widely.

He either has balls of steel or is on some strange medication!

royreevesonpage5ofthebi.jpg

Smacks of Andy Warhol and his famous quote ''In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes''

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying he won't be going soon

Just that they won't have discussed that for not only motivational reasons but probably legal ones too

Come on people, snap out of fantasy land

hopefully we'll sneak a win tomorrow that'll see us safe, and everyone can boo at him and abuse him to their hearts' content against spurs

it just needs to be made very, very clear that the boos are for the manager and not the players. none of this jeering if he brings on player x, because that's not good for the player. ideally it'd be great to be 3-0 up and comfortable in a game whereby we could break out the "you don't know what you're doing" chant - that'd surely make a point and a half

Collymore let Villa down as a player,does he pay hard earned cash to watch them every week?....... no...enough said he is a radio pundit who has to have an unbiased balanced view to please the listeners

I take it you never heard him the day we drew with Chelsea 3-3? He went absolutely mental when Clark scored the 6th. Defended himself vehemently against the expected criticism he got afterwards.

He may or may not have let us down as a player, frankly that's up for a debate. But as a fan and as a pundit he bleeds this club. Top bloke.

I'm not saying he won't be going soon

Just that they won't have discussed that for not only motivational reasons but probably legal ones too

Come on people, snap out of fantasy land

Managers are given ultimatums all the time, that's **** all new.

Though I agree in part that they won't have said explicitly that these are his last three games regardless, even if that is the big bastard elephant in the room.

Collymore let Villa down as a player,does he pay hard earned cash to watch them every week?....... no...enough said he is a radio pundit who has to have an unbiased balanced view to please the listeners

I take it you never heard him the day we drew with Chelsea 3-3? He went absolutely mental when Clark scored the 6th. Defended himself vehemently against the expected criticism he got afterwards.

He may or may not have let us down as a player, frankly that's up for a debate. But as a fan and as a pundit he bleeds this club. Top bloke.

He's not up for a debate on twitter he just blocks you, I know out of personal experience.

ideally it'd be great to be 3-0 up and comfortable in a game whereby we could break out the "you don't know what you're doing" chant - that'd surely make a point and a half

I know what you're trying to say, and the fact that if we were to go 3-0 up in a game wouldn't excuse all the mistakes made prior to this hypothetical scoreline. However, being 3-0 up and then chanting, "You don't know what you're doing" would just make the Villa fans look a little daft wouldn't it? It would be kind of ironic if the best time to chant those exact words are when we're cruising to a victory :lol:

He is a nice guy and a man of integrity I can't see how people can deny that. Terrible manager though.

As much as I don't like to see 30,000 people telling a bloke to F.Off I am all for fan power so if it works then so be it. He's been paid millions of pounds for this job so and was given a fair chance initially so I can't feel that sorry for him.

He is a nice guy and a man of integrity I can't see how people can deny that.

I guess we'll see whether that is true at the end of the season. He should walk no matter whether we stay up or get relegated. I personally think he'll dig his heels in and force us to sack so he gets his pay out.

I personally think he's deluded and a liar!

I guess we'll see whether that is true at the end of the season. He should walk no matter whether we stay up or get relegated. I personally think he'll dig his heels in and force us to sack so he gets his pay out.

I dont want the bloke to stay but this seems like a ridiculous comment to make. If hes wants to stay, it will be surely because he believes he can turn us around. What has he done to be labelled a liar.

My reasons for wanting him out are that I dont like his brand of football, he seems unable to motivate the players and he goes into some games not thinking we can win.

However, unless Randy is going to address our other problems, lack of spending, ageing senior players and over reliance on our youth academy then I dont believe our next manager will achieve much more. At this point we will probably need to address our expectations.

I dont want the bloke to stay but this seems like a ridiculous comment to make. If hes wants to stay, it will be surely because he believes he can turn us around. What has he done to be labelled a liar.

I think he's deluded because:

- He thinks he can turn it around. Even if he won the next three games, 99% of Villa fans would still want him out (rightly). This season has been a complete disaster.

- He thinks it's a myth that he plays negative football.

- He doesn't think many other managers could do a better job.

- He still believes playing Alan Hutton at RW against Tottenham was the correct decision.

I'm sure I could keep going. I think he's a liar because:

- He reguarly claims we've played well or deserved more when we haven't.

- He claims he doesn't holde a grudge and then drops Ireland and N'Zogbia conveniently after having a bust up.

- He blames injuries for our recent form even though we were terrible when we had a full squad.

I don't expect us to be challenging for Europe, I do however believe that if we had a manager with some ability, we'd be comfortably between 11th-9th.

Of course he will look for a payout of epic proportions, if for not only himself, his agent & Mrs McLeish (if the rumours are true) will ensure that

Let's face it, he may not be getting another top level job after this despite having good referees (SAF)

Dead man walking now

whilst the majority now realise Alex must go, got to admit Richard important still in what seems to be a minority in that i still (unfortunately) don't think he will leave/by sacked.

:shock:

he may not be getting another top level job

That would seem unlikely... I imagine it'll be 'Hello United Arab Emirates' should he wish to continue working, the guy is a multi-millionaire though so could just invest money and live a life of luxury.

Â