The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

They realise the tough job I've got and perhaps that's why they've chosen me because they've seen me getting through tough jobs like this before

Yes Alex, albeit getting your previous club relegated in the process

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was a 'Nice Guy' he wouldn't have hurt us so much.

Oh for **** sake! Look, i want him out and think he is an awful manager...but lets not pretend he came here and did it on purpose!!!

Chill out!

Can you not see it was meant as a bit of light hearted joviality to break up, just for a little while anyway, the very real depression lurking on this forum.

Some people need to get out more!

Sorry dude, its been a shit day at work.

If he was a 'Nice Guy' he wouldn't have hurt us so much.

Oh for **** sake! Look, i want him out and think he is an awful manager...but lets not pretend he came here and did it on purpose!!!

Chill out!

Can you not see it was meant as a bit of light hearted joviality to break up, just for a little while anyway, the very real depression lurking on this forum.

Some people need to get out more!

Sorry dude, its been a shit day at work.

It's ok. Its been a shit season.

:lol:

I'm really confused. Why are people so certain now that he's going?

I think because what lies between the lines of the text in the statements from both club and manager speaks very loudly indeed.

I was of the opinion like many others that AMC would be here next season even after the Bolton debacle... until I read the club statement.

The coy way of talking about the next three games as the only focus for the future there made me think he was teetering on the brink.

Now given the way he's phrased his own response in similarly indirect terms, I don't have any doubt in my mind that he will gone very soon.

I think because what lies between the lines of the text in the statements from both club and manager speaks very loudly indeed.

I was of the opinion like many others that AMC would be here next season even after the Bolton debacle... until I read the club statement.

The coy way of talking about the next three games as the only focus for the future there made me think he was teetering on the brink.

Now given the way he's phrased his own response in similarly indirect terms, I don't have any doubt in my mind that he will gone very soon.

Sorry, completely off topic, but you have the best username on VT.

BURMAH!

Gone at the end of the season whatever

More than a 3 goal defeat - I reckon he will go early next week.

IMO he has agreed to say out the last 3 games. But the question will increasingly grow, why put up with all the agro, abuse, whens he's out of a job in a couple of weeks anyway.

So I guess we're saying that the supposed meeting between PF, RL and AM was to say 'you're going at the end of the season - try and keep us up and keep your reputation high so you have a chance of getting another job'??

So I guess we're saying that the supposed meeting between PF, RL and AM was to say 'you're going at the end of the season - try and keep us up and keep your reputation high so you have a chance of getting another job'??

More like " You are going at the end of the season. Keep us up and I will pay you £1m bonus".

I just hope its not Lerner being vague in the hope we scale back any demo, support the team, then when (hopefully) its a done deal and we stay up he has no bleeding intention of sacking satans evil brother.

I honestly wouldn't put it past him. We can all smell blood in the water and I just hope its not wishfull thinking on our parts. If thats the case, sod the price of power, my heads in the gas oven.

He's going.....isn't he!? EVerything in the past 2/3 days is pointing to that....the nightmare is nearly over. Matt Kendrick seemed to think that he may go after the West Brom game because the atmosphere vs Spurs would be horrendous and not help the team.

That's what my Ice Hockey team done the other month, sacked the coach when they were playing away and said there was no way they could let him take charge at home again as the level of abuse had just become too much to take...

But would changing it now have an adverse effect on the team?

Based on likelihood, taking into account his record over the last 6 or 7 games, it will probably not make the slightest difference.

In all likelihood we will lose our remaining 3 games because if we can't beat Sunderland and Bolton at home then Albion away, Spurs at home and Norwich away seem to be a more difficult challenge that we do not have the ability to rise to.

So, in my honest opinion (and some will disagree) he might as well leave tonight and McDonald and Cowans can oversee the next 3 games.

If we lose them all then that is no more than is to be expected with McLeish at the helm but at least the man responsible (on the field at least) for this season will be gone forever.

Sorry, completely off topic, but you have the best username on VT.

BURMAH!

:)

One of my favourites (as you can probably tell)

I suppose that's a possibility (though I don't know how likely it is...)

Or perhaps the club simply refused to give him any assurances after what read to most people like a vote of confidence, and they both know what that means.

Or perhaps he's been told he's gone, but there's a substantial survival bonus.

Or perhaps he's been given the run-around when discussing future plans.

Or perhaps some deals in the pipeline have been pulled, as some sources seem to hint at (and AMC knows what this means).

Or perhaps he's been told very firmly "just focus on the next three games" (and he knows what that means...)

Or perhaps... well, it goes on.

Impossible to say how it's been handled internally, of course, but I'm now firmly of the belief that both parties are acting as if they feel AMC is on borrowed time and are avoiding saying so directly by issuing the kind of carefully-worded non-statement that's generally trotted out in these circumstances.

Had AMC been given assurances about his job, had the club genuinely wished to reassure him and pursue stability with him at the helm, I can't imagine things would have been phrased as carefully indirectly as they have by either party.

"They realise the tough job I've got and perhaps that's why they've chosen me because they've seen me getting through tough jobs like this before."

McLeish takes his side to West Brom on Saturday and faces a home game against Champions League-chasing Tottenham before a final-day trip to Norwich as he tries to stave off relegation.

"This is a tough challenge but I've come through tough ones before and I'm certain we'll make it," he added.

I really do have to ask, when?

Every challenge like this before your team has crumbled and fallen apart without a fight. Yet another bullshit quote from a guy who genuinely doesnt appear to know his arse from his elbow!

He's a Nobhead

I concur. I have heard some strange defence of this guy over the proceeding 600 pages, but anyone who thinks he could have come into VP with his history and succeed is living in lalaland.

He is not a nice man, he is living in a fantasy world.

Â