The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Here we go then the race is on....

30 pages to the magical 1000

will it be before or after the Albion game?

regardless of the results in the next three games and regardless of whether we stay up or go down....

his position is untenable, he has lost virtually all of the fans and he is most definitely a dead man walking.....its just a matter of time

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'I couldn't even begin to think about next season,' says McLeish

This is either the most elaborate bluff in footballing history - or Mcleish saying he won't be here next season......(i wouldn't bank on next week now)

When will this reach 1000 pages. I predict 29th of April.

On the 17th of April I predicted 1000 pages on 29th of April. Well the 29th of April is Sunday.

What an incredible guess. Yes I am amzing. :D

Well my source thought he was going to quit tuesday night. Spent ages in the dressing room and then asked for all the media to assemble as he wanted to do one interview. Apparently he was forced to do one for Sky on their own afterwards

All this was after the Lerner & Faulkner meeting.

Th does seem to have been a huge shift from the media since tuesday

Well my source thought he was going to quit tuesday night. Spent ages in the dressing room and then asked for all the media to assemble as he wanted to do one interview. Apparently he was forced to do one for Sky on their own afterwards

All this was after the Lerner & Faulkner meeting.

Th does seem to have been a huge shift from the media since tuesday

Yes - I think the vote of confidence was to try and ride out that storm. I think it worked for 48 hours.

I really believe PF/RL/AM have come to an agreement that he goes at the end of the season. But I am sensing now that perhaps Alex doesn't want the stress - I reckon he will be gone by Monday morning - Barring an emphatic villa victory at the Hawthorns.

I wish he and al the journo's would stop trying to blame the kids!

The young players have been some of our best performers. Herd and Clark have been decent in defensive midfield. Baker didn't put a foot wrong against Bolton, it is was cuellar that made the mistakes. Weimann has delivered 4 points that we wouldn't have had overwise with his last minute goal against Fulham and his wonder strike against Stoke. Its been players like Hutton, N'Zogbia, Warnock, Dunne and Heskey that have been letting us down this season. Even Albrighton whose delivery has been rather shocking (surprising as up until this season that was considered one of his strengths) has been very positive and tried his heart out, which is more than we can say for some of our experienced players.

The reality is from the first game of the season we have looked like a team scared to lose and that stems from the manager and his appointment.

Dead man walking now

whilst the majority now realise Alex must go, got to admit Richard important still in what seems to be a minority in that i still (unfortunately) don't think he will leave/by sacked.

No agreements will have been made, to his face McLeish will have been backed to the hilt by Lerner

The absolute priority is sticking together at this stage and getting the 3 or 4 points we will need to survive

Anything else is just wild speculation

No agreements will have been made, to his face McLeish will have been backed to the hilt by Lerner

The absolute priority is sticking together at this stage and getting the 3 or 4 points we will need to survive

Of course - but it would be highly improbable if Mcleish is still here next August - whether its been discussed or not, RL\PF\AM all know this - and that's what everyone has picked up on.

The Birmingham Mail has a photo and editorial of the one, yes that's right one, Villa fan who came forward after their appeal to find Villa fans in support of McLeish.

I don't know how he had the nerve to let his photo and name be published so widely.

He either has balls of steel or is on some strange medication!

I read that.

He said at the end Newcastle fans would never turn on their manager like we do. :lol:

I think Sam Allayrdyce would have something to say about that.

Of course - but it would be highly improbable if Mcleish is still here next August - whether its been discussed or not, RL\PF\AM all know this - and that's what everyone has picked up on.

McLeish will not have been party to such discussions at this critical stage

Do you honestly think they are stupid enough to say do your best Alex in your last 3 games

But would changing it now have an adverse effect on the team?

Sorry to chime in late on this one, but if you can explain how we could possibly perform any worse than we have been then it becomes a point worth discussing.

It's clear he has been given some kind of ultimatum. What that is we don't know but I agree with my learned friend a few pages ago. Lose to the Baggies and the atmosphere against Spurs would be absolutely horrendous, I believe this has been taken into account.

Truthfully, I don't think we have done enough as fans up until this point to make our feelings clear. I certainly haven't, I haven't been ONCE this season, for the first time in 22 years. So perhaps I have no right to moan about it but I do think had been more vocal a couple of months ago then this saga would have already have come to an end.

As it stands we're staring down the barrel of a gun and so is McLeish. These are his last 3 games regardless so maybe it's too late for vocals? Lose to the Baggies and they don't sack him? We really have no choice but to get behind the team.

UTV. As Ian Taylor tweeted today, squeaky bum time....

McLeish will not have been party to such discussions at this critical stage

Do you honestly think they are stupid enough to say do your best Alex in your last 3 games

Perhaps not in those words. but perhaps "Are you confident you can keep us up Alex ?- and we will get together shortly after the Norwich match to see where we are "

He's won four home games all season - I hardly think the sack is going to come as a surprise to him ?

Â