The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

If we keep him much longer the expectations will continue to drop and people will be happy just to stay up every year. It really is amazing that some people still defend him.

Winning does become a habit but so does losing. Most people who support other clubs keep commenting on what a poor team Villa have become but it seems to many of us are okay with it.

Nothing at all is going on and we just seem to hope that Randy is going to sack him but I really don't see that happening unless attendances drop dramatically or some mass protests happen. We as fans must do something.

Who's defending him?

Ok, defending him is maybe an overstatement but there are people that accept him and say that we wouldn't have done any better (or even played better!) with some else at the helm.

Who are these mad people?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we keep him much longer the expectations will continue to drop and people will be happy just to stay up every year. It really is amazing that some people still defend him.

Winning does become a habit but so does losing. Most people who support other clubs keep commenting on what a poor team Villa have become but it seems to many of us are okay with it.

Nothing at all is going on and we just seem to hope that Randy is going to sack him but I really don't see that happening unless attendances drop dramatically or some mass protests happen. We as fans must do something.

Who's defending him?

Ok, defending him is maybe an overstatement but there are people that accept him and say that we wouldn't have done any better (or even played better!) with some else at the helm.

I don't want to go on a naming witchhunt but there are some people, on this site for example, that seem to think so. Have you really not notice this?

Who's defending him?

I don't want to go on a naming witchhunt but there are some people, on this site for example, that seem to think so. Have you really not notice this?

Oh yeah, but there are only a couple.

Say what you want but I would take Benitez tomorrow. He has made a few dodgy decisions but on the whole he is a good manager and a lot better then what we have now. Only problem with him is he would want a big budget and we won't be giving anyone any of those for awhile.

Say what you want but I would take Benitez tomorrow. He has made a few dodgy decisions but on the whole he is a good manager and a lot better then what we have now. Only problem with him is he would want a big budget and we won't be giving anyone any of those for awhile.

We want managers /players on the way up not on the way down

Just seen McLeish's interview after the game......oh I hate him more now! I seriously now do not like him even as a person.

He did look very pale, more so than previously which I don't like anybody suffering but hopefully that's the pressure getting to him or he thinks he's on the way out as he knows something......oh I can dream.

moyes was his first choice

mcleish was way down the list

Agreed and talking to my neighbour who is in football management the inside view was that our next manager would be Moyes.

How that morphed into McLeish **** knows...

Think Ginger, Scottish & teams play in Blue and you pretty much have your answer!!

The one song that seems to get everyone singing in recent history has been It's Your Round. So, why not change the lyrics to vent our anger and dissatisfaction for McLeish?

He's taking us down my Lord, taking us down etc.

McLeish is shit my Lord, McLeish is shit etc.

These empty seats my Lord are 'cos of McLeish etc.

Sack McLeish my Lord, sack McLeish etc.

I think these would catch on and might just get the point across that we don't want the clueless clown anywhere near Villa Park!

I don't think he will be sacked. I think he's here for the long haul. I actually do believe there' going to be a lot of changes at the club in the Summer and I do think we will have a better season next year. But it still wont be good enough, and I wish it was someone else doing the re-building.

moyes was his first choice

mcleish was way down the list

Agreed and talking to my neighbour who is in football management the inside view was that our next manager would be Moyes.

How that morphed into McLeish **** knows.

Personally I lost all respect for Lerner when he made that appointment. It just proved to me that he and his monkey Paul Faulkner are completely out of touch with football. Well you reap what you sow and all that....

i genuinely think we panicked with the mcleish hire. we were knocked back by most people we went after due to the lack of budget that wouldve been available, and the fact that so many earners needed to be offloaded. chances are mcleish was the first person who said he'd take the job and we jumped at it after being shot down by so many before him

I think you are spot on with that comment.

We should have gone for a good young manager out of the Championship who would have done the job with limited funds and been happy to commit to the club for the long haul.

Have to agree with PieFacE, I think he's here for the medium to long haul, as much as that idea makes me want to hurl. I honestly think that Lerner will be, if not happy, content with this season with the huge cost cutting he's put in place and the constraints he's put on the manager ( assuming we stay up) its the best he could hope for.

I really don't think he cares one jot what the fans think and if we get smaller crowds, so be it, there will always be a hardcore who will buy tickets no matter what he does to the club. He will reward Satans brother with a modest amount of money to spend in the summer in the hope things will turn around next season and the wavering/anti ginger one fans will slowly return.

What worries me is what someone on another post quite rightly said, you could give him a billion quid to play with and he would still buy dross, nothing will change, same boring football from the same skillless players. personally, I would rather shit in my hand and clap than watch any team of his.

The one song that seems to get everyone singing in recent history has been It's Your Round. So, why not change the lyrics to vent our anger and dissatisfaction for McLeish?

He's taking us down my Lord, taking us down etc.

McLeish is shit my Lord, McLeish is shit etc.

These empty seats my Lord are 'cos of McLeish etc.

Sack McLeish my Lord, sack McLeish etc.

I think these would catch on and might just get the point across that we don't want the clueless clown anywhere near Villa Park!

Sack McLeish my Lord was loud and clear at Wigan away - could it hear on the radio listening at home.. shame that McLeish has escaped relatively unscathed since then.

I think VP is a lot more friendly for two reasons:

- The ones who want him out the most simply aren't attending anymore.

- There is still an element of we can't criticise him because the media will taint us with the bluenose brush... the fact he's from blues has actually given him more time with fans.. fact!

I doubt I'll set foot in Villa Park again until he's gone. The only thing that would encourage me back is a full scale protest against the man / against the board.

Â