The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is really going to make me lose my temper is I just know if we stay up we will have McLeish being interviewed looking all smug as if he has acheived something. That will likely be the thing that tips me over the edge, that is if we stay up.

What is really going to make me lose my temper is I just know if we stay up we will have McLeish being interviewed looking all smug as if he has acheived something. That will likely be the thing that tips me over the edge, that is if we stay up.

I thought you'd fallen over the precipice months ago! :D

How sad its now got to the point where a clubs own supporters want their side to get relegated just so they can get rid of the clown in charge
OK, there's the 64 Dollar question (maybe worth a poll?)

I know what we REALLY want is survival AND a new manager. But let's say that's not an option. If you HAVE to choose, which would you prefer?

(A) Relegation and a new manager (for the sake of argument, somebody you approve of)

OR

(B) Survival, but AMcL stays in charge

???

Relegation. The only thing IMO RL and really done wrong is tighten the budget and appoint a manager he thought could play %age football and not dump us in the shit. Basically just to try and keep his investment ticking over.

He's failed - and we've been left with a squad of averages and past-its.

Send us down, dump the lot. Lets have a confidence builder in the Championship.

You can't dump the lot. Unless some gullible manager (e.g. O'Neill) comes in for the likes of Warnock, Dunne and Hutton we'll be stuck with them in the Championship.

yep, **** fergie and his remarkable job bollocks and lee dixon, the back patting that this clown will get if he keeps us up will be shambolic

Relegation is not the answer IMO, it never is for any football problem as far as I know. If we get relegated they won't change the manager anyway so what would it achieve apart from giving everyone a chuckle. How many people hoping for releagation have actually lived through it, I have, not good. One of the most horrifiing things I have ever had to go through, easy to say ...harder to actually live it.

This, I remember the late eighties and it is not fun. I can think of one situation where a club got relegated and came back up with a new lease of life and that is Newcastle.

All of the rest have had either years in the lower divisions or yo yo relegation/promotions.

I would prefer they got a manager who has some balls to play football not the negative 9 men behind the ball and hope that we can nick a goal crap mctwat plays.

Survival all day long. I hate the fact that every morning I wake up with McLeish as the manager of my beloved football team but I'd choose him over relegation any day. Now if the terms were, McLeish and staying up, or relegation but a new manager you approve of with a damn good chance of getting promoted again instantly, I'd have to think about it, but it's pointless to think about that really.

The fact is, as many have said earlier with regards to that ridiculous article about how relegation could be good for us, there are a lot more teams who have been relegated and have failed to bounce back. I don't want to take that risk with my club.

I also hold on to the hope that Lerner and Faulkner have agreed that McLeish needs the summer to bring in his own players. If we stay up this season and he stays and gets his players in and by Christmas he's in or around the relegation places, then I really would like to think that the board would be considering gettin rid before we're in another relegation scrap. I'd hope then that even Lerner and Faulkner would realise that McLeish has absolutely no excuses left.

Please Randy, just watch a game or two and make the right decision. This whole thing feels like torture.

yep, **** fergie and his remarkable job bollocks and lee dixon, the back patting that this clown will get if he keeps us up will be shambolic

If we stay up it'll be "McLeish has done a fantastic job this season to keep Villa up after the injuries and the sales of Young and Downing. If the Villa fans can get behind McLeish they'll be competing for Europe next season. McLeish is a top manager". Then when we're struggling next season it'll be "McLeish wasn't backed. Any manager would've struggled under those circumstances. The Villa fans need to get off his back and forget about where he came from".

Bunch of rocket polishers the lot of them.

He is a bit of enigma in that respect. Everyone (outside villa) thinks he is doing a good job ...maybe someone will head hunt him
Most football fans think he's terrible. It's just the media and other managers that love him.

The fact the media think he's doing ok shows how low our reputation as a club has fallen.

Thanks randy.

I'm not so sure about that. You'll often hear them talk about how we should not be in this position, but they then go on to blame it on injuries/Villa fans being against him because of where he came from/lack of backing from Lerner.

It shows what PR bullshit talk of 5th and Europe was. The General and Faulkner knew that wasn't attainable and fed it to the fans like we wouldn't see through it.

Relegation is not the answer IMO, it never is for any football problem as far as I know. If we get relegated they won't change the manager anyway so what would it achieve apart from giving everyone a chuckle. How many people hoping for releagation have actually lived through it, I have, not good. One of the most horrifiing things I have ever had to go through, easy to say ...harder to actually live it.

My hope now is that Lerner will strip most of the MON purchases out in the summer and get in some quality to put around the kids. He is going to have to dig deep to turn it around but 5 or 6 quality players and things can turn around very quckly.

Dunnno, trying to be a little bit positive. Yes I understand we all don't want the manager but we are stuck with him.

You really think that is gonna happen ?

Randy wouldn't cut back back on wages - transfer fees - to suddenley open the cheque book again. The 40k wage limit and no new money for players stories are much more beleivable.

I think you would be able to get rid of given,dunne,warnock,ireland,gabby and get some money in. heskey,cuellar,guzan will go for free and petrov will retire.

We could make a few bosman signings from Europe and maybe make a couple of signings for cash.

I think the team needs an overhaul like this and it could be easily done. I am concerned about mcleish doing this task though as I don't trust him in the market.

My hope now is that Lerner will strip most of the MON purchases out in the summer and get in some quality to put around the kids. He is going to have to dig deep to turn it around but 5 or 6 quality players and things can turn around very quckly.

Dunnno, trying to be a little bit positive. Yes I understand we all don't want the manager but we are stuck with him.

You really think that is gonna happen ?

Randy wouldn't cut back back on wages - transfer fees - to suddenley open the cheque book again. The 40k wage limit and no new money for players stories are much more beleivable.

I think you would be able to get rid of given,dunne,warnock,ireland,gabby and get some money in. heskey,cuellar,guzan will go for free and petrov will retire.

We could make a few bosman signings from Europe and maybe make a couple of signings for cash.

I think the team needs an overhaul like this and it could be easily done. I am concerned about mcleish doing this task though as I don't trust him in the market.

Possible fees - if indeed anybody will pay a fee:-

Warnock 1m

Ireland 2m

Cueller \ Heskey- free out of contract

Dunne 2m

Gabby 8m

So about 12m - thats if we find a buyer - and Randy releases all that cash for players. - For all his faults I can't see Mcleish getting a better striker than Gabby in - Robbie Keane perhaps.

We don't seem to have a decent cenre back at the club - just hope we don't buy Roger Johnson !

Liklehood is an influx of foreign players we haven't heard of - pretty risky IMO

We don't seem to have a decent cenre back at the club - just hope we don't buy Roger Johnson !

I think Baker will turn out to be a cracking player. Also Clark in his natural position is a very good centre half.

Â