The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I have been defending the manager on certain points made by other posters but i can't defend his decision today to play Baker instead of Cuellar. I also can't defend N'Zogbia benched when we have so many injuries.

Rather than go on a rant which i have done in the match thread, i would like to say that if we get another performance like that against Sunderland then i will have to, and glady admit that my defence of AM may have been misguided.

I felt sick to the very pit of my stomach watching us play today. Just an awful, awful performance and Ireland was laughing with Rooney as they went down the tunnel. Jesus if i'd been our manager and seen that, Ireland would have been used as a snooker cue for the rest of his days with us.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I live overseas, can someone geographically closer to VP tell me if there are protests planned or anything?

Where are the banners at the games, or the chants against McLeish?

There's been a small minority.

I think most are waiting until we are mathematically safe, hopefully this will be sooner rather than later.

Once that happens we should be doing all we can to get him out!

I don't think it can wait that long, in my opinion. The home crowd seems numb more than anything. It's like we've accepted a dour, turgid performance without any fight. When we go behind it's not a surprise anymore, just a sense of tedious inevitability.

Now if that's transmitted to the fans from the manager, then it's sure as shit transmitted to the players.

Losing becomes a habit and we're all hooked around the entire club.

At least protests may evoke some passion in the ground. For me, the chants can't wait until potentially the last game. Lerner and Faulkner need to see some action, and maybe the media will take note.

I must also add that if anyone knows how to concisely transmit the message that the manager should be sacked because he's failed everywhere he's gone, plays terrible football, played shit losing football before all the injuries, has seeming no tactical nous and cannot be trusted with a transfer budget onto a banner, as opposed to the media's assumption that it's because he's from the blose, that'll be handy.

Rather than go on a rant which i have done in the match thread, i would like to say that if we get another performance like that against Sunderland then i will have to, and glady admit that my defence of AM may have been misguided.

I take no pleasure at all in reading you say that, I'd much rather be the one to be changing my view. Sadly I think we are likely to see plenty more performances like today from a McLeish side and plenty more poor managerial decisions.

If Villa actually win a few or 1 more game this season, can the pro mcleish brigade please not come out with the "he has turned the corner", "he is improving" nonsense.

The man is useless, even if villa collect 11 points from the final 5 games.

As I live overseas, can someone geographically closer to VP tell me if there are protests planned or anything?

If only! Anybody that dares to have a protest gets slated by some people on here as being 'Small Time' and anybody that dares suggest anti McLeish chants at the game gets accused of 'Upsetting the Players' and not being a 'Real Fan'.

People protested before he even got the job and what good did it do? You think Lerner cares that you are standing outside the ground in -5c weather? If he gave a shit about our feelings the manager would be sacked long ago.

If only! Anybody that dares to have a protest gets slated by some people on here as being 'Small Time' and anybody that dares suggest anti McLeish chants at the game gets accused of 'Upsetting the Players' and not being a 'Real Fan'.

People protested before he even got the job and what good did it do? You think Lerner cares that you are standing outside the ground in -5c weather? If he gave a shit about our feelings the manager would be sacked long ago.

Possibly but do you not see McLeish's comment not too long ago about the 'silent majority' maybe they honestly believe that apart from a minor section, most fans back it. If thousands protest...or we start getting attendances way below 30,000 then at least it does something.

we need to do try something.

Are we allowed to protest yet or do we have to still consider the feelings of the players who probably don't want to play for McF*ckFace anyway?

In fact, we'd probably be doing them a **** favour. I'm sure most of the first team can't stand the thought of another season under McT*sser.

We might even give them a lift if they see that we're doing something positive which will help change their working conditions.

Before he got the job the only evidence we had that he was a shit PL manager was based on his time at SHA so could have very easily been dismissed as anti SHA feelings by Lerner, the Board and the media.

Now we have concrete evidence that he is also a shit PL manager at Villa.

We really have to at least try something before it's too late and we're just wallowing mid table in the Championship for the next 10 years. Our voices will be heard and boards' do react to fan pressure. We can't go on with this man in charge, he's unbearable.

The difference is Daniel, it was easy to associate those protests with Eck coming from the scum an nothing more. To be fair, a lot of it was to do with that, but the message that he was a manager that had just relegated another team playing shit football had been lost.

Now we have first hand proof that he is shit, yet somehow he's still hiding behind excuses like injuries and playing youngsters. No one is challenging him on odd formations, lack of cohesive play, defeatist mentality, poor movement or anything relating to being a PL manager.

It's inexcusable that as fans we are served up this shower of shite. Sport should be competitive and entertaining. Aston Villa under McLeish are neither.

It's equally inexcusable that the fans stay silent. It's not someone else's problem it's ours!

Strip away all the excuses and our form is exactly what McLeish has served up before. The tide will not turn unless we do something about it at VP, starting against Sunderland!

I am gobsmacked even a result like that doesnt make Lerner act. It is astonishing. We lose lost 4-0 Lerner, for relegation managers thats usually used as an excuse to get rid of them, change the manager now. We can go DOWN. This is the only button Lerner has left after choosing to let January transfer window go past even though we KNEW if we got injuries our midfield was frighteningly weak.

The most depressing thing? Us losing and headed for relegation isnt even a news story any more. This is how far we have falen over the past two seasons.

Disaster and it is ALL Lerner and Faulkners fault.

To sum up the club at the moment, it looks like:

The Chairman doesnt care

The Manager doesnt care

The Players do not care

The Media do not care

The Fans are getting close to spontaneously combusting.

Just what in the blazes is going on? Does anybody bloody care about what amounts to a systematic dismantling of the playing staff, atmosphere and ambition within the club?

Get this muppet out now!

It is astonishing. The club is in free-fall and Lerner and Faulkner sit there transfixed. What are they expecting to happen? McLiesh has had a season it isnt working, sometimes that happens. Pay him off and make the change for crying out loud. Its going to cost us a lot more to go down and not come back up.

Well, today was another barrel of laughs.

He needs to go NOW. Not the end of the season, not next Christmas, NOW. He is not the only problem at this club but the bottom line is we are now the worst team in the League to watch.

I can accept players wanting to move on and join 'bigger' clubs, I can accept we are not where we were under O'Neill and I can accept that a few cost cutting measures have had to be enforced. But let's look at the things that are unacceptable...

- Claiming we basically have no chance against 'elite' teams.

- Setting the side up so negatively

- Not 'having a go' until the 75th minute when we are usually 2-0 down

- Playing players out of position when players are available to play in those positions

- Complete lack of tactical nous in trying to change things during the game

- Not making subs until the game is well beyond us

- Moaning 'we've lost Young & Downing' then continually falling out with the only 2 players in our squad that come close in creativity

- Excuse after excuse when it's his fault we keep losing

- Having a whole season to sort out a shoddy Defence, promise changes then see the same thing happen every game

- Dragging that tit Peter Grant with him to our club

- and hey, what the hell, being an ugly ginger git who puts me off my dinner each weekend

Last point aside, he is at fault for all of the above (His parents are to blame for the ginger situation).

I won't be watching another Villa game this season. Not because I am not a 'true' fan but because I am a fan of Football. I enjoy everything about the game but because of how Mcleish is ruining this club, with a little help from Tweedle Dee and Tweedle-****-dumber, my passion for all things Football is at an all-time low. Villa have bored the shit out of me this season and I can't ever remember feeling this negative about the club.

The worst thing about all this? It was 100% completely avoidable. There are hundreds if not thousands of managers out there available and we end up with this shower of shit.

We could get him out next week. How? Nobody go to Villa Park. It would be extreme but if no **** went to watch how could Randy ignore that? 40,000 empty seats, no concessions or merchandise money = goodbye useless manager.

Another scary stat - unless I am mistaken, we haven't scored more than a goal in a game since the 2-2 draw with QPR at the very beginning of February.

2 against Chelsea?

Oops, forgot about that. :oops:

Still, not good enough. Half of the time we don't score and when we do it's normally only 1 in a draw.

The only 6 points McLeish is going to get is from some seriously reckless driving.
...after being out celebrating after drawing at home to Bolton.

Â