The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think it is about time the local press started applying pressure and reflecting the views of the fans.

Kendrick and Abraham are a right pair of brown nosers. They won't stick their necks out against McLeish and most importantly Lerner and Faulkner for fear of upsetting them. A pair of more useless journos you would struggle to find.

They had pretty much total shut out under O'Neill in terms of little bits of info as that was O'Neills way. Since he left they get far more info and they won't rock the boat. Total wastes of space.

Awful awful awful.

30,100 there today. Bolton will be even less. They may think, naively, just as they thought last summer, that they can turn it around by buying players - but they won't. Because that was not acceptable football, and does not deserve to be in the premier league for a start.

And secondly, any signing will be tainted by the fact it was a mcleish one and won't be accepted. Hutton is poor. N,Zogbia is poor. given is not the man required. It's shit football and any one he signs won't be accepted or given the chance as he'll be tainted by the mcleish factor.

Get rid.

Just heard McLeish on SSN.

We are playing like every game is a cup final, every player played his best today cant fault them. It a matter of, quality in the team.

So again balming the players, nothing to do with a negative set up. Did'nt big up Weimann or the goal. Funny its exactly the same tactics as we play with the full first team.

I hate what we have become. I know there are a lot of kids playing but you'd think they'd be busting a gut to show him what they can do. Bannan and Warnock as wingers!! WTF. Even Gabby didn't seem as interested today. We have zero creativity, no movement whatsoever and cannot defend set pieces. Stoke scored with their only proper attempt at goal. I hate McLeish. Who the **** is he clapping at the end of the game? Useless Manager, cheers Randy for not listening. I have posted in the match reaction thread that I do not believe there to have been as high a crowd as has been advertised. I honestly think it was well short of 30,000, well short. That's what McLeish has created. Financially unviable, that's McLeish.

Walking back from the game today I asked my son the same question as I asked him towards the end of last season.

Me: What do you want to do about getting a season ticket for next season?

Son: I don't want one if McLeish is still going to be there. I can't watch that shit every week.

Now I had already decided that I didn't want one several months ago but I thought it only fair to ask him the question and not be selfish and make the decision by myself.

The strange thing is, he doesn't even buy the season tickets as I pay for them so that really was an answer based purely on footballing entertainment and enjoyment and not one based on finances.

Just heard McLeish on SSN.

We are playing like every game is a cup final, every player played his best today cant fault them. It a matter of, quality in the team.

So again balming the players, nothing to do with a negative set up. Did'nt big up Weimann or the goal. Funny its exactly the same tactics as we play with the full first team.

Just spins complete bullshit week after week.

Look how Norwich went to Spurs and won today, if we got something going as a team we had enough quality to see Stoke off today.

Absolute rubbish served up week in week out by the 'manager'. 21% league win percentage. Embarrassing.

he was celebrating a draw like it was a cup final win.

did I see him waving to the fans at Full time and even blowing a kiss ??

Yes it looked that way to me and he couldn't stop smiling either the word removed.

He is lapping it up and who can blame him. He has doubled his money and some by coming to us and even though he has done a poor job he has no pressure from those above him and the worst that can happen is he gets the push and a 3-4 mill pay off. He'll then blame the fact that he never stood a chance as he came from Sha and was forced to sell the clubs best players before the season started. The guy can't lose. No wonder he is the only guy that seems happy at Villa Park.

Another scary stat - at this point last season (32 games) we were on 37 points. We're now only on 35 points. I don't even think we'll manage 40 points this season.

Man Utd - heavy defeat

Sunderland - narrow defeat

Bolton - nervy draw

West Brom - narrow defeat

Tottenham - draw

Norwich - draw

Yep, I think you're right!

I honestly think it was well short of 30,000, well short.

Exactly what we said as well. There is no way that ground was over 3/4 full.

Don't they count ST holders regardless of whether they're physically there or not?

No it doesn't obviously show that he was happy with Albrighton as first choice winger and neither you or i can prove otherwise. What we both know however that he wasn't given the Downing, Young money to replace like for like and he only had limited funding with Lerner's cutbacks.

No wasn't given money to replace like for like, but no one expected him to challenge for 4th this year. He was given money though. Like i said nzogbia cost as much as ashley young, its not victim of circumstance to sign a player and fail to get the best out of him.

And yes i can prove he was happy with albrighton because he didn't sign anyone and started him at the beginning of the season.

You keep banging on about having to buy hutton. I might be wrong but luke young was not out of contract. Mcleish agreed to sell him and mcleish agreed to sign hutton when we had players capable of performing at rb and money could have been spent elsewhere. Again the fact he chose not to spend it on a winger shows he was happy to have albrighton as first choice.

We will either get our lowest prem points total ever or just slightly beat it. You really believe that we're at this level of shitness because of things mcleish couldn't control?

Ah so N'Zogbia's form is completely down to AM not getting the best from him? It wouldn't be anything to do with taking time to settle at a new club or indeed just loss of form?

He started with Albrighton because everything is pointing towards him not having the funding to buy anyone else. Im sure your aware that Randy wanted the wages brought back in line again and i have no doubt that when he was given the job AM's remit was to try and use what was available rather than increase our wages further.

As far as Luke Young is concerned he wanted to go back to London and AM hadn't any real choice in the matter but to sell him.

Where we are at the moment is mainly due to having probably the worst squad of players at Villa Park for a very long time indeed and i'm not saying that AM is completely blameless but he is not the main reason why we are in a relegation battle. You have to go back to how the club was run in the O'Neill era and thats where our problems started, millions wasted on below average players on extortionate wages and our chairman having to make drastic cutbacks at exactly the wrong time.

Morpheus. People are not really killing McLeish on the league position that much, its kinda acceptable that our players are'nt the best. What is the biggest issue is McLeish's defensive negative dull tactics which I belive is the main probelem. Dont be telling me its because of th players cause many other worst teams/squads tend to play more entertaing football, ya know with a little attacking.intent.

Â