The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

In terms of potential replacements, does anyone think that the man in the opposition dug-out yesterday is a reasonable shout? Di Matteo is sure to be out of work in the summer, did a fairly decent job at WBA, gets his teams organised and sets them up to play the right way. He's not what I would describe as top class but then we're not going to see anyone of that calibre anyway. Players seem to respond to him and in terms of communication and general likeability, would be the polar.opposite of McLeish.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of potential replacements, does anyone think that the man in the opposition dug-out yesterday is a reasonable shout? Di Matteo is sure to be out of work in the summer, did a fairly decent job at WBA, gets his teams organised and sets them up to play the right way. He's not what I would describe as top class but then we're not going to see anyone of that calibre anyway. Players seem to respond to him and in terms of communication and general likeability, would be the polar.opposite of McLeish.
At this point I'd be over the moon with RDM.

Spot on pacbuddies. Injuries and illnesses aren't his fault but we should have already secured another points by now to be virtually safe. Look at our record against the top 6 + Liverpool:

Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 9

That's an appalling record. Just think, if we'd had a go in all of those games we'd probably have at least 3 more points by now.

Injuries and illness is not his fault.

but wasn't this the same problem he had at Blues after the lord mayors show.

its just funny how injuries seem to plague some managers and not others.

funny how Saunders managed to win the league playing 14 players on next to parks pitches and cynical tackles in thos days.

I know luck plays a big part..... but some will say, you attract your own luck.

There are oodles of problems at Villa park, but all roads lead back to one thing and one thing only.

WE HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY ON PLAYERS WHO HAVE NO/LITTLE EFFECT ON OUR PERFORMANCES.

In short with one or 2 exceptions ....we have bought shite and its set us back years.

Ps I always knew buying players at the last minute spells disaster and I have no reason to change my mind.....I cringed when it was happening and suspected all this.

Just out of curiosity, what year did PF get involved?

I'd imagine when he did our outgoings compared to incoming were a hell of a lot higher then Spurs'. Which is why we're in the mess we're in.

As I recall, Faulkner became Chief Operations Officer in 2008 after something like 12 months being link-man (the conduit) to Randy.

Faulkner then became CEO in 2010.

Its killing me watching Newcastle. There is no reason why we should'nt be at this level. McLeish should be asking himself. There players are no better than ours. You can see the passion and motivation of the players there.

Replacement for McTw at?

Paolo Di Canio. /thread

Well done for finding the one person I'd like in charge with us even less than McLeish.

Agreed. We need a manager in the dug out, not sat in the stands every match.

On a side note, it would be good to have a manager who could lead us to victories over our rivals, unlike Di Canio (1-2 / 2-0) :)

Its killing me watching Newcastle. There is no reason why we should'nt be at this level. McLeish should be asking himself. There players are no better than ours. You can see the passion and motivation of the players there.

McStupid does"nt give a shit.

He takes the Blues down and what happens ?

They are down a division,the players lose wages,the club loses prestiege.BUT what happens to McStupid ????? He gets to stay in the Pl,He gets a wage rise and he gets to manage a better team/club.

So like I said Why should he give a shit :evil:

McLeish does"nt give a shit.

They are down a division,the players lose wages,the club loses prestiege.BUT what happens to McLeish ????? He gets to stay in the Pl,He gets a wage rise and he gets to manage a better team/club.

:lol:

Why would he give a shit? I'd suggest to build a reputation as Premier League manager.

I'm sure he gives a shit, it's a bit stupid to say he doesnt to be honest.

There's a huge difference between not caring and not being very good. Unfortunately, McLeish just isn't very good at being a Premier League manager. I'm sure he cares too.

There are oodles of problems at Villa park, but all roads lead back to one thing and one thing only.

WE HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY ON PLAYERS WHO HAVE NO/LITTLE EFFECT ON OUR PERFORMANCES.

In short with one or 2 exceptions ....we have bought shite and its set us back years.

Ps I always knew buying players at the last minute spells disaster and I have no reason to change my mind.....I cringed when it was happening and suspected all this.

Putting things in all capitals doesn’t make it right.

The most important person on the playing side at Aston Villa is the manager. If we had got that right in the last two years we wouldn’t be in the position we are.

You have a choice; let a megalomaniac run the club and rack up a huge wage bill, or let some CEO and chairman totally out of their depth appoint the last two experts in football clownery.

McLeish joined a toxic situation which he has not helped. 12months ago we was in the exact same position as this year which is surprising after losing 5 first team players and only spending £15 million

What anyone says, McLeish is not the sole problem at Villa, Problems have been going since 2010, The players, Lerner, Faulkner, O'Neill, Houllier, McLeish and in some respects the fans have all created problems along the way.

Newcastle have better players then us. Fact.

McLeish joined a toxic situation which he has not helped. 12months ago we was in the exact same position as this year which is surprising after losing 5 first team players and only spending £15 million

What anyone says, McLeish is not the sole problem at Villa, Problems have been going since 2010, The players, Lerner, Faulkner, O'Neill, Houllier, McLeish and in some respects the fans have all created problems along the way.

So? That doesn't change the fact that getting rid of McLeish would help us immensely.

I can see what you're saying, but you can draw some hope from them. They're a prime example that a club doesn't need a ridiculously huge budget to get in amongst the top six.

McLeish does"nt give a shit.

They are down a division,the players lose wages,the club loses prestiege.BUT what happens to McLeish ????? He gets to stay in the Pl,He gets a wage rise and he gets to manage a better team/club.

:lol:

Why would he give a shit? I'd suggest to build a reputation as Premier League manager.

I'm sure he gives a shit, it's a bit stupid to say he doesnt to be honest.

There's a huge difference between not caring and not being very good. Unfortunately, McLeish just isn't very good at being a Premier League manager. I'm sure he cares too.

What I meant was that ,he does"nt lose anything.

He has just taken a club down and his reward is higher wages and a better and bigger club.

Its a win win situation for him

Putting things in all capitals doesn’t make it right.

The most important person on the playing side at Aston Villa is the manager. If we had got that right in the last two years we wouldn’t be in the position we are.

You have a choice; let a megalomaniac run the club and rack up a huge wage bill, or let some CEO and chairman totally out of their depth appoint the last two experts in football clownery.

whether putting it capitals or not ( it was just for focus) it is right..... and if you think the problem is just over the last 2 years of which, granted it has got worse... you are wrong.

what happens today ( decisions) in any business is not always in evidence for some time in the future.

I believe that to be so.

Mcleish is just making worse a bad situation.

Â