The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I just don't see why he's still here after the results and performance this season, even the board has to see it. They just must be keeping him because they can't afford to pay him off......given the long term implications this is crazy.

Because Lerner's ambition now is to just stay in the premier league. Mcleish is happy to work in these conditions and as long as we're not relegated he will keep his job.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see why he's still here after the results and performance this season, even the board has to see it. They just must be keeping him because they can't afford to pay him off......given the long term implications this is crazy.

Stats are against him, we have equalled the worst home run since 1921, the football is abysmal, it's hard to argue against the fact that most Villa fans would rather him not be here, his media comments are poor or at least contrary to what happens on the pitch and while above the relegation zone fans are relying on the teams below us being so bad (which they are) to avoid relegation rather believing we will get ourselves out of this predicament......

While I agree with the overall tenor of your argument, Nick, we have not yet equalled the 1921 record! It will be equalled today if Villa fail to beat Fulham.

Sorry to be a pedant but we can't accuse McLeish for something he's not (yet) guilty of!

Stats are against him, we have equalled the worst home run since 1921, the football is abysmal, it's hard to argue against the fact that most Villa fans would rather him not be here, his media comments are poor or at least contrary to what happens on the pitch and while above the relegation zone fans are relying on the teams below us being so bad (which they are) to avoid relegation rather believing we will get ourselves out of this predicament......

While I agree with the overall tenor of your argument, Nick, we have not yet equalled the 1921 record! It will be equalled today if Villa fail to beat Fulham.

Sorry to be a pedant but we can't accuse McLeish for something he's not (yet) guilty of!

Oh sorry, thought we had, still not feeling any better about it though. Hopefully we'll avoid equalling that record today and have a convincing performance for once

Why would Moyes come to us now?

He's taken Everton as far as they can go?

He would be replacing an absolute dog of a manager who the fans hated!

If Randy could promise him steady investment in the team after we get rid of O'Neill's left overs at the end of the season then it would further enhance his reputation getting us playing better football when the Man U job becomes available.

We could then get substantial compensation from Man U if they were indeed interested in Moyes if the 'special one' wasn't available! That would keep the chairman happy replacing the compensation he forked out for our previous managers.

The other thing about McLeish is he always bangs on about his Rangers record

when ?? I've never heard this

He has mentioned it interviews when he is dispelling his negative football myth.

It was also in that poxy letter from the club when he states " I won 7 trophies in 4 years "

Madness that the man is proud of his achievements isnt it?

To be fair to McLeish, he's done a lot for local football. I've taken far more interest in the football being played at Oxford United this season.

Same here. I've been to see AFC Wimbledon a fair few times this season. It's cheaper, closer, and whilst they can't defend, at least they bloody have a go at attacking.

I've a feeling some humble pie will be eaten for tea tonight for a few on here

Why? Even if we win I don't think people will suddenly change their long held views on McLeish I know I won't.

Neither will I. Humble pie will be eaten when we star to play decent football and/or get some positive results.

A win today won't change the fact that he's been generally awful so far as Aston Villa manager!

Would you like to expand on this statement and let the rest of us know why you have a feeling that some humble pie will be eaten by a few on here tonight?

Why ?

he has already ruined the enjoyment of a season and left us further adrift than he had any right to.

We could play like Brazil and win 10-0 and it won't alter that.

Â