The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that AM shouldn't be anywhere near our club but maybe we are losing sight of the real culprit here.

Who appointed him in the first place? Who has decided that this would be the season for cut backs? Now i'm all for running the club properly but when you sell your four best players, then don't replace them with the same type of quality and then expect kids who quite evidently are not yet good enough to step up to take over the mantle of top Premiership players then your quite simply asking for trouble.

When you then don't plan ahead for injuries, i.e bringing another striker in to cover for both Bent who is now out for the season and Gabby who the club fooking knew was still suffering from back and hamstring injuries and was unlikely ever to be 100% fit for the run in your asking for trouble.

When its so fooking obvious, even to a blind man that your team desperately needs a defensive midfielder to cover for an aging Petrov and to protect a suspect back four and not to redress that issue with funds that could be clawed back elsewhere, or in the future, you are asking for trouble.

Randy you chose the wrong manager and the present policy of cutbacks at exactly the wrong time so fooking do something about it now before it's to late.

I think I am going to stay away from this section, had a really good day today and come on here, just realise how much the club (through Lerner/McLeish) are killing the one thing I could always rely on - Aston Villa.

I can't afford to go to games, but i used to. It was always worth it, now I don't want to fill Lerners pockets or pay the wages of McLeish.

And it pisses me off to hear my fellow fans blamed for how bad we play, the style we play, the tactics, the shit subs, blamed for having Heskey right mid and for that reason having the attacking ability of a blind cat... I am pissed off with my club being ripped apart.

I think I need to stick to off topic and the front pages (Newspapers) from now on.

**** off Lerner.

**** off Faulkner.

**** off McLeish,

I want my Villa back.

Seriously, this is all a bad dream, how can we be competeing for Europe and top 4 finish and then 18 months 2 years later, we have a Blue nose w**ker taking us down the table like an express elevator. I will not waste my money on this shower of sh**te, Lerner is destroying us.

UTV.

For me, Bent's injury should have called for 1 simple action.

Randy picks up phone and calls LA Galaxy, it'll be cheap because he's in the States anyway...he asks them to name their price for Keane to extend his loan until May...

Surely they can't ask for more than relegation would cost us.

Any decent free agents out there? No, not Robert Pires...

Randy picks up phone and calls LA Galaxy, it'll be cheap because he's in the States anyway...he asks them to name their price for Keane to extend his loan until May...

Yeah but Keane didn't really help out with defending that much did he? He scores too many goals. Too comfortable on the ball. Not good enough for McLeish. ;)

I think Mrs Lerner is taking him for a load so i dont think he's in the mood for splashing the cash.

I mean he's gotta be pissed he paid i think 5m for MClueless i mean thats enough to piss any business man off.

At the moment i,d find watching ants carrying a cracker away more entertaining than the awful football served up by that lot and that prick MCleish

Front 4 now:

Albie --- SI --- The Zog

--------- Gab -----------

Will be more balanced than what McTool has been playing and more effective IMO.

The main worry for me is that McLeish thinks he is doing a good job.

He thinks he makes the right decisions with regard to tactics, formations, and I have never heard him apologise once for the shocking performances we are being served up.

We are in all kinds of trouble now, but for all the negativity I cannot see us being dragged into the relegation mix unless all of the teams below us rally and start winning games, something which is unlikely.

I think we will draw at Blackburn, draw with Fulham and beat Bolton - this will pull ourselves clear. There is no doubt, these are huge games. Losing these games is almost unthinkable. If that happens then I can't see us pulling ourselves out of it.

If this had been last season, I would be really fearing for our future now.

The main worry for me is that McLeish thinks he is doing a good job. .
the main worry for me is that Faulkner and Lerner think he is doing a good job, that Mcliesh is performing to the objectives and spec they gave him. I mean he must be or else why is he still eimployed?

The main worry for me is that McLeish thinks he is doing a good job. .
the main worry for me is that Faulkner and Lerner think he is doing a good job, that Mcliesh is performing to the objectives and spec they gave him. I mean he must be or else why is he still eimployed?

Thats true richard, but what if the only other aim along with addressing the wage bill is be as succesful as possible whilst remaining in the premier league.

Its very plausible tot hink that this may be the case imo

Slightly off-topic I know but did not know where to post this: I am from Birmingham but have lived outside of England and the UK for around 18 years now. I used to get down to Villa Park on average once every couple of years and so I am heading back next month and was going to take in a match against Bolton but in all honesty I really don't care anymore enough to actually go.

It's a shame because I wanted to give McLeish a chance but the writing's on the wall so why waste my money?

Tom I’m sure you’re taking the pi$$ otherwise that’s an extraordinary point of view!

On the evidence of this season he has shown he is totally incapable of getting the best out of players whether they are seasoned internationals or young inexperienced players.

Unfortunately, for both the club and the manger, he just does not have the ability to manage this club and that is never going to change. Randy and Paul need to hold up their hands and admit their costly mistake(s) and move on.

Tom I’m sure you’re taking the pi$$ otherwise that’s an extraordinary point of view!

On the evidence of this season he has shown he is totally incapable of getting the best out of players whether they are seasoned internationals or young inexperienced players.

Unfortunately, for both the club and the manger, he just does not have the ability to manage this club and that is never going to change. Randy and Paul need to hold up their hands and admit their costly mistake(s) and move on.

The question was - is Mcliesh the right man to achieve at minimum premiership survival as well as loweriing the age bill.

As the wage bill is being reduced - and we are comfortably out of the relegation zone - it is hard to find reasons to support him not being able to achieve those things.

That is not to say that is wat I want - or indeed what Mcliesh and Lerner are striving for.

Â