The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Im arguing that the majority of fans hate him because of where he came from. Im not saying all the people on here do. But then you are not the majority.
You're wrong. The majority hate him/dislike him because of the poor results and utterly abject performances. That and his ridiculous tactics.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand the dislike based on his previous club mentality. Surely if we'd pinched a decent manager off them after a good season, we'd be highly delighted for getting one up on them?

I completely agree with delphinio.

And I think this is out of order.

Nobody other than the most pea brained, knuckle dragging doom brain would state that they hated McLeish just because he came from SHA.

Because I'm none of those things, and I dislike him for many reasons, and being ex SHA is one of them.

Villa hate Blues

Man U hate City

Arsenal hate Spurs

And so on and so on. It's part of football, part of each clubs culture, you have your rivals and that's how it is.

It will always leave a sour taste in my mouth him being ex blues, but I've paid my money and been there to support him, and want him to do well. But it still annoys me where his from.

It's alienated the crowd and it will the whole time he is here. It was a very poor footballing decision to bring him in, in fact it's unforgivable.

Hughton would be a great appointment, but it will still get on my tits that he came from the blues, and it would lead to the same problems with the crowd now, seperatation, little grumblings in the crowd, you can feel it, it's horrible.

I understand how it sounds saying this but I can't help it, blues are our rivals and that has been set in stone long ago and will always be there.

People shouldn't be slated for feeling this way.

I never slated anyone personally. If anyone wants to put themselves in my aforementioned bracket that's their choice and if they are upset by it then that's their problem.

I don't particularly like SHA either. However, I don't have a burning hatred for them. My father is a SHA fan and anyone that expects me to hate him because of it is on a hiding to nothing.

I try to look beyond the tribal thing. I couldn't give a toss where he came from. It is his pedigree I have a problem with.

You are putting everyone in that bracket with that statement. Because others have a different opinion your labeling them as pea brained....anyway.

My old man is also a nose, and of course Im not going to hate him for it, but we both dont like each others club, and he'd be the first to moan if it was the other way around.

It will always be a factor that he's an ex nose. Win lose or draw.

Im arguing that the majority of fans hate him because of where he came from. Im not saying all the people on here do. But then you are not the majority.
You're wrong. The majority hate him/dislike him because of the poor results and utterly abject performances. That and his ridiculous tactics.

To be fair neither of you will ever know which is true unless you did a poll of all supporters at Villa Park.

Whilst I tend to believe Mantis is probably right, Delphinho is arguing that whilst the majority on here say its because of his history and negative football, the majority on here is still the minority of the Aston Villa fan base.

Yes it is usually a good indicator of whats going on on here but as I said really its only an indicator and neither can truly say who is right or wrong.

I completely agree with delphinio.

And I think this is out of order.

Nobody other than the most pea brained, knuckle dragging doom brain would state that they hated McLeish just because he came from SHA.

Because I'm none of those things, and I dislike him for many reasons, and being ex SHA is one of them.

Villa hate Blues

Man U hate City

Arsenal hate Spurs

And so on and so on. It's part of football, part of each clubs culture, you have your rivals and that's how it is.

It will always leave a sour taste in my mouth him being ex blues, but I've paid my money and been there to support him, and want him to do well. But it still annoys me where his from.

It's alienated the crowd and it will the whole time he is here. It was a very poor footballing decision to bring him in, in fact it's unforgivable.

Hughton would be a great appointment, but it will still get on my tits that he came from the blues, and it would lead to the same problems with the crowd now, seperatation, little grumblings in the crowd, you can feel it, it's horrible.

I understand how it sounds saying this but I can't help it, blues are our rivals and that has been set in stone long ago and will always be there.

People shouldn't be slated for feeling this way.

I never slated anyone personally. If anyone wants to put themselves in my aforementioned bracket that's their choice and if they are upset by it then that's their problem.

I don't particularly like SHA either. However, I don't have a burning hatred for them. My father is a SHA fan and anyone that expects me to hate him because of it is on a hiding to nothing.

I try to look beyond the tribal thing. I couldn't give a toss where he came from. It is his pedigree I have a problem with.

You are putting everyone in that bracket with that statement. Because others have a different opinion your labeling them as pea brained....anyway.

My old man is also a nose, and of course Im not going to hate him for it, but we both dont like each others club, and he'd be the first to moan if it was the other way around.

It will always be a factor that he's an ex nose. Win lose or draw.

I am not putting everyone in that bracket with my statement. I suggest that you read my post more carefully. To help you I have copied a piece from it below:

Now as I understand it you originally suggested that you disliked Alex McLeish for many reasons and being ex SHA is one of them.

Now if you read the exert above from my original post I think I suggested that being pea brained and a knuckle dragging doom brain applied to only those that hated him solely because of his previous employment with SHA.

Does this explain it better for you?

I just don't understand the dislike based on his previous club mentality. Surely if we'd pinched a decent manager off them after a good season, we'd be highly delighted for getting one up on them?

Exactly Risso.

I'd have been quite happy to take Foster and Dann off their hands last summer, for example.

His previous association with that lot means he would need to be of a decent enough pedigree to bridge the divide. The issue for me was, on that score, he was never good enough in the first place.

I don't blame him for taking the job though, and I don't particularly hate him. Many say he was on a hiding to nothing, but as far as I can see it was win/win (for him).

Manage to equal (or surpass) B-lose best ever PL Finish of 9th (with a group of far better group of players) and most neutrals would have said he'd done well. Considering we lost Ash and Downing last summer.

Fail dismally (which looks more likely at this point) and he'll be sacked with a nice juicy payoff. Having already doubled his salary compared to what the plebs down the road were paying. For a manager whose star was already on the wane, that's not bad going.

I think all the SHA connection does is intensify the emotion. If McLeish was a good manager it would've made appointed him all the more sweeter, as we'd be taking a good manager off of their hands. As it happens, he's an incredibly shit manager, so the fact that he came from SHA made things worse as we were relieving him of a burden.

At the end of the day, he's a very poor manager who's doing a very poor job managing Aston Villa, and that's why people don't like him and are not happy with him managing us.

Saw this on Ian Robo's blog, it's the story of McLeish's visit as reported in the local Cleveland press.

Check out the comments!

They should twin Birmingham with Cleveland, nice line in self deprecating humour. Some of the messages are scarily similar to here. eg:

"what ever this guy [Lerner] touches turns to dust."

"HEY RAAAAANNNDYYYYY,

this is like a blind guy teaching a deaf guy how to read. "

Saw this on Ian Robo's blog, it's the story of McLeish's visit as reported in the local Cleveland press.

Check out the comments!

They should twin Birmingham with Cleveland, nice line in self deprecating humour. Some of the messages are scarily similar to here. eg:

"HEY RAAAAANNNDYYYYY,

Amyone who still backs randy needs to read those comments.

Fans who have had to put up with him longer than us, don't ignore it.

The guy is a failure in two sports. Do the world of competitive sports a favour lerner and get out of the business.

Its a shame for him that the browns didn't have an ellis figure before to give him a free pass on his abysmal decision making.

Check out the comments!

"HEY RAAAAANNNDYYYYY,

Alex McLeish has gone 8-10-11 as manager of Aston Villa.

Made me chuckle for some reason. :lol:

Completely agree.

I think taking a manager off a freshly relegated club is always going to be contentious

What message does this send out to the players, fans, media and wider audience ?

SPOT ON !

Its like when Villa raid relegated clubs for players ?

Urrrrm they got relegated for a reason so why sign them.

Some of those comments from the Browns fans were eerily familiar.

This is beyond a joke now and I'm past caring so just bring on the funnies and lets get some video footage on avtv.

The Factory of Sadness, twinned with the Theatre of Broken Dreams

This is beyond a joke now and I'm past caring so just bring on the funnies and lets get some video footage on avtv.

Got to admit I agree with this, I read 'em all and it left me hollow. What on God's green earth could McLeish benefit from shadowing an NFL coach around for a week? The two sports have almost nothing in common.

I'm seeing RL more and more as some completely inept spoilt boy billionaire who inherited it all and is playing at sports tycoon and failing miserably. He almost got it right with us by pumping money in, but then missed the bus when first ManC, then the recession then his divorce smacked him in the face. I didn't think it would come to this, but after that little read I have a deeply ominous feeling that other than the off field improvements, RL hasn't a clue as to how to run a football team. With this little whimsey, I think he's lost it completely.

Its like when Villa raid relegated clubs for players ?

Urrrrm they got relegated for a reason so why sign them.

Seriously? So you wouldn't have had Scott Parker, Demba Ba or Charlie Adam then? Or Kevin-Prince Boateng? Or Marc Wilson? Or Steven Fletcher? Or Borja Valero? Or Robert Huth? Or Stewart Downing?

Got to admit I agree with this, I read 'em all and it left me hollow. What on God's green earth could McLeish benefit from shadowing an NFL coach around for a week? The two sports have almost nothing in common.

I'm seeing RL more and more as some completely inept spoilt boy billionaire who inherited it all and is playing at sports tycoon and failing miserably. He almost got it right with us by pumping money in, but then missed the bus when first ManC, then the recession then his divorce smacked him in the face. I didn't think it would come to this, but after that little read I have a deeply ominous feeling that other than the off field improvements, RL hasn't a clue as to how to run a football team. With this little whimsey, I think he's lost it completely.

My thoughts exactly!

Reading those posts is like reading the McLeish & Lerner threads on Villatalk. So scarily similar that it is almost unreal. Obviously it highlights the fact that, in Cleveland, Lerner is seen as some sort of joke. Let's face it, if he can't get it right there, what chance does he have of ever getting it right here?

The longer his Villa saga continues, the more I think it is going to end in misery for us fans who have a genuine love and passion for our club. The Browns are lucky that they can finish bottom and not get relegated, we can finish 3rd bottom and go down. I am not quite sure that Randy gets what he is doing with these clubs at all.

This comment made me LOL but the fact is its actually true

"lets put dumb and dumber together to see how we can be dumber! . lets see how many people we can sucker into paying for tickets while we loose every year. ok let me see how this works im a loosing coach that needs to learn from another loosing coach . only in cleveland"

Â