The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirely on topic but I noticed Trent has just closed the QIA thread. Perhaps AVFC have ordered VT to close down the thread as its hitting too close to the truth? :wink:

:lol:

He doesn't believe anything is happening, therefore it's been locked.

Seems fair enough to me... :?

Not entirely on topic but I noticed Trent has just closed the QIA thread. Perhaps AVFC have ordered VT to close down the thread as its hitting too close to the truth? :wink:

:lol:

He doesn't believe anything is happening, therefore it's been locked.

Seems fair enough to me... :?

I was joking... :|

You may find it strange but my opinion of Mcleish has undergone a rapid overhaul.

He really is something very special, I mean look at all the Premiership experience he has had and his success as a player. That Alex Ferguson knows a thing or two about football and he can't praise the guy highly enough.

Some people like to knock Scottish Football but tell that to the trophy cabinet! This man knows how to get the job done in a hot bed of football with a real depth of talent. These same people also like to knock his final season across the border but when you have mid table sides like... the ones who wear the blue shorts, who have... that guy playing for them there just aren't any guarantees.

To finish third with that set of players, those resources and against that level of opposition is truly up there as one of the most astonishing accomplishments in modern football.

The point of all this is that this tactical genius is being stifled and needs to be unleashed back onto the International scene to show these tippy tappy teams what real Dutch football is all about.

With a heavy heart I say Mcleish for England!

Godspeed.

Not a fan of McLeish's tactics, but I found this interesting.

https://p.twimg.com/AlALBN2CQAAZovG.png

We could be worse off I suppose...

UTV!!!

For that to be relevant in any way would depend on each manager having the same players at the same time with the same teams in the same league.

I found this "manager ranking" link on a supporter's twitter feed...

I really don't want to defend McLeish because I'm not sold on him whatsoever; though I do think we're stuck with him for a while.

Regarding your comment Johnee, McLeish pretty much does have the same squad in the same league as Houllier minus some key offensive components. (Young, Downing) Looking at this season compared to last year at this point, we've conceded fewer goals and lost fewer games. That surprises me since our defense looks really poor...

That surprises me since our defense looks really poor...

Had the chumps just sorted the set piece problems, I believe our Goals Against would be in teens, one of the best on the list. They're reasonable enough at defending when it isn't something so uncommon and confusing as a corner, apparently.

Not a fan of McLeish's tactics, but I found this interesting.

https://p.twimg.com/AlALBN2CQAAZovG.png

We could be worse off I suppose...

UTV!!!

so he has won more games, lost the same amont of games, better goal difference and scored more goals than O'Neill yet people are organising protests.

Then people wonder why media always go on about the sha connection as to why Villa fans dont like Eck

so he has won more games, lost the same amont of games, better goal difference and scored more goals than O'Neill yet people are organising protests.

Then people wonder why media always go on about the sha connection as to why Villa fans dont like Eck

Lies, Damned Lies and statistics.

It's impossible to know the situation each of the managers in that list found themselves after 23 games. Perhaps they had an easier draw, perhaps they had a smaller squad, perhaps they had lots of injuries during that period, perhaps they started with a team that was already in Europe.

If we had a table of home performances over the same period, I'd suggest we'd see some big differences in where our managers are on the list.

As it is, I fear McLeish won't sit so favourably in the original table by season's end, though I hope I'm wrong.

Wasnt sure whether or not to post this in the protest thread but its likely that will be locked or run its course so thought it better to put it in here.

This is in today’s Times……

deleted - read the posting guidelines about quoting from other sites

Pointless article really, he isn't a Villa fan, so he doesn't care. He knows hecan write what he wants, and he'll get a laugh out of and congratulated by every none Villa fan..

No fan of any other PL club would've wanted McLeish at the start of the season. I bet the journo wouldn't have wanted him at his club, and still wouldn't. The desparation in people trying to justify the appointment of McLeish is getting quite ridiculous.

His last paragraph just shows him up to be a pathetic sarcy idiot.

No fan of any other PL club would've wanted McLeish at the start of the season. I bet the journo wouldn't have wanted him at his club, and still wouldn't. The desparation in people trying to justify the appointment of McLeish is getting quite ridiculous.

His last paragraph just shows him up to be a pathetic sarcy idiot.

Agreed.

Well said.

Â