The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Mcleish was appointed because he was the only one who would take the job with the current financial constraints

I can imagine when he recieved the call from lerner that he thought it was some kind of windup after all he just took a side down into the championship

With all do respect to him but he had money to spend...some 17-18 million but he should of generated more by selling a lot of our "first teamers" even if for quite a low amount to get them off the wage bill.

On Football Manager I started out with the same amount of dosh from Lerner and I managed to finish 5th in my first season by selling our established deadwood or loaning them out (to save the wages) and gave our youngsters a good go while pretty much transforming the team just 20 million.

Oh **** me, really? REALLY?

You HAVE to be taking the piss.

Im not taking the piss at all its a FACT. I can show you a print screen of the league table.

It is a game so should not be considered exactly true to life, but in a lot of ways it is one of the most realistic in terms of finances, wages, players personal attributes etc all the same. My point was that Eck could have made drastic changes pre season that could have really benefitted Villa but he lacked the willingness to do so.

954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcleish was appointed because he was the only one who would take the job with the current financial constraints

I can imagine when he recieved the call from lerner that he thought it was some kind of windup after all he just took a side down into the championship

With all do respect to him but he had money to spend...some 17-18 million but he should of generated more by selling a lot of our "first teamers" even if for quite a low amount to get them off the wage bill.

On Football Manager I started out with the same amount of dosh from Lerner and I managed to finish 5th in my first season by selling our established deadwood or loaning them out (to save the wages) and gave our youngsters a good go while pretty much transforming the team just 20 million.

Im not taking the piss at all its a FACT. I can show you a print screen of the league table.

It is a game so should not be considered exactly true to life, but in a lot of ways it is one of the most realistic in terms of finances, wages, players personal attributes etc all the same. My point was that Eck could have made drastic changes pre season that could have really benefitted Villa but he lacked the willingness to do so.

129056290045382806.jpg

Oh dear... :lol:

If he was taking the piss he would have typed in italics. That's the new rule isn't it?

if we are comparing CM then I am by far the best manager for Arsenal.

I won nothing for 3 years and nearly got sacked then

signed Beckham, Davids, Zanetti, Saviola and in two seasons back to back won

2 league titles

1 champions league

2 league cups

2 fa cups

1 inter continental cup

managed England at the same time and got them to the world cup final only to lose to Argentina 3-2 in extra time winner scored by Saviola, MY OWN PLAYER at Arsenal.

:(

The problem with James Withe is that he is too high profile. With his body of work, who is to say whether he will stay with us and build the club or just piss off to a team in the Champions League.

Too much of a risk IMO

True but think of the players he could attract whilst he is here.

The problem with James Withe is that he is too high profile. With his body of work, who is to say whether he will stay with us and build the club or just piss off to a team in the Champions League.

Too much of a risk IMO

But Withe never places his faith in the youth. So he could leave us with big earners when he leaves to join Real Madrid, Barcelona or the Brazil National Team.

Who are his backroom team now? Is SGC still chief scout?

Too much of a risk IMO

But Withe never places his faith in the youth. So he could leave us with big earners when he leaves to join Real Madrid, Barcelona or the Brazil National Team.

Err I'm not sure you have followed James Withes career that closely

in my first season by selling our established deadwood or loaning them out (to save the wages) and gave our youngsters a good go

Too much of a risk IMO

Err I'm not sure you have followed James Withes career that closely

in my first season by selling our established deadwood or loaning them out (to save the wages) and gave our youngsters a good go

Sorry I got confused with his best mate in football.....'Add New Manager'

Can I just point out that I won at Suzuka on F1 2009 on the wii - and I was driving a Force India and I'd had a few bacardi and cokes.

I used the little steering wheel and I had all the variables on their toughest settings.

I've written to Mercedes and Ferrari and not heard a thing. Ah well, their loss.

Â