The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

"There are people on here that would rather see us lose every week to save their own face. They would also like to see McLeish lose every week and lose his job rather than be successful".

Do you really believe this?????

I want McLeish to succeed and make Villa great again. I also want Sandra Bullock to be my sex slave.

However, neither is very likely to happen but that doesn't mean I hope that it doesn't.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There are people on here that would rather see us lose every week to save their own face. They would also like to see McLeish lose every week and lose his job rather than be successful".

I want McLeish to succeed and make Villa great again. I also want Sandra Bullock to be my sex slave.

However, neither is very likely to happen but that doesn't mean I hope that it doesn't.

Like I said speaking to others at the game on sunday, as much as you don't think its true, it is! And these are fans that travelled 4 hours to newcastle. To me finishing bottom half is failing and same for others, a bottom half finish is unacceptable so thye would be happy for us to do that to give reason to get rid of AM.

Like I said speaking to others at the game on sunday, as much as you don't think its true, it is! And these are fans that travelled 4 hours to newcastle. To me finishing bottom half is failing and same for others, a bottom half finish is unacceptable so thye would be happy for us to do that to give reason to get rid of AM.

Well that is sad.

I want McLeish gone because, in my opinion, he is a poor manager and not suited to AVFC. I would love to be proved wrong and for him to be very successful but again, in my opinion, I don't believe it will happen.

I will never want Villa to lose and flounder just to save face and get rid of a manager.

I can only assume, rightly or wrongly, that those people you have spoken to have become so disenchanted (and that's not difficult to understand) that they are now of this mindset.

We are in the same position and have the same number of points last season and the hate towards the manager was not as strong as it is now.
On the contrary I think Houllier faced far more venom last season than McLeish is facing now.

We are in the same position and have the same number of points last season and the hate towards the manager was not as strong as it is now.
On the contrary I think Houllier faced far more venom last season than McLeish is facing now.

I would argue that a lot of Villa this season have given up thinking its going to get any better and the hope is gone. The faces on the fans at home games tells its own story most seem to be wondering to themelseves why on earth they bother to turn up and spend money watching average largeyl petulant footballers play some mediocre rubbish

Well that is sad.

I want McLeish gone because, in my opinion, he is a poor manager and not suited to AVFC. I would love to be proved wrong and for him to be very successful but again, in my opinion, I don't believe it will happen.

I will never want Villa to lose and flounder just to save face and get rid of a manager.

I can only assume, rightly or wrongly, that those people you have spoken to have become so disenchanted (and that's not difficult to understand) that they are now of this mindset.

I think maybe the people Ive spoke to mean they'd rather we finish 17th and have mcleish sacked rather than have a few years of mediocrity. Understandable I guess, but personally I just couldn't ever hope for a villa loss.

really? Houllier touched the Anfield sign and said he was happy to lose to Liverpoo and was only short of masturbating on the Kop.

mcleish hasnt got near that yet

said he was happy to lose to Liverpoo
He never said that.

I don't know why people go on about his actions off the field that night. By far the most disgraceful thing was the performance.

really? Houllier touched the Anfield sign and said he was happy to lose to Liverpoo and was only short of masturbating on the Kop.

mcleish hasnt got near that yet

Houllier was bringing a football philosophy to VP....he was getting the player to play football.

What is McCleish doing??

Given all of the protests before he came, he's got off lightly.

The fans have given him every chance, but as every game passes by and the performances and results get worse, the fans patience is wearing thinner and thinner.

There is only so much that even the most forgiving fans can take.

He never said that.

I don't know why people go on about his actions off the field that night. By far the most disgraceful thing was the performance.

The performance wasn't as big a shock as Houllier's Liverpool arse-licking.

you only have to watch with regularity the same mistakes and problems time and time and time again.

It seems from the touch line ( and in lip reading mode)that the manager is not happy with what he sees.

It is just that he seems unable to do anything about it.

we seem very laboured as a side and show little evidence of intelligent movement in defence and shrewd closing down.

from the last few years , I can't remember seiing villa teams so inept at holding a lead.

Even in the cup final we held on to a lead for milli secs before we fell over the ball on the half way line.

......it just fill you with meloncholy. its all so unprofessional.

He never said that.

The performance wasn't as big a shock as Houllier's Liverpool arse-licking.

Depends what you mean by shock. For me what pissed me off was the pathetic performance. Personally I think it's all a bit overblown. Yes his comments and actions were a bit stupid and ill-advised but at the same time he almost died when he was there and I can understand why he may have got caught up in the moment.

As I keep on stressing, what mattered most was the performance/result and it was not good at all.

He never said that.

What he said was
'If I have got to lose 3-0, I would prefer it to be to them as I like Liverpool.'

I can't think of a more dumb, half-arsed, thing to say given the 90 minutes of pure rubbish the team he was supposed to be coaching had just turned out.

Houllier was bringing a football philosophy to VP....he was getting the player to play football.
Unfortunately, his "philosophy" seemed to involve losing an awful lot of matches and teetering on the edge of the relegation zone for quite a while.

He never said that.

What he said was
'If I have got to lose 3-0, I would prefer it to be to them as I like Liverpool.'

I can't think of a more dumb, half-arsed, thing to say given the 90 minutes of pure rubbish the team he was supposed to be coaching had just turned out.
You just proved my point. He never said he was happy to lose to Liverpool.

I agree. It was a stupid thing to say. I think you'll find I already acknowledged that.

He never said that.

What he said was

Unfortunately, his "philosophy" seemed to involve losing an awful lot of matches and teetering on the edge of the relegation zone for quite a while.

Exactly!

Houllier=McLeish=Turgid Poor Quality Football Management.

**** me the old Houllier debate is still alive and well I see.

The best thing we can say about Houllier is that he no longer has anything to do with this great club. The man was an over the hill, disrespectful fool who unbelievably given the squad he inherited and the money he spent had us in and around the relegation mire for 5 months playing tippy tappy gutless crap and had a defeatist attitude. Why Randy in a time of cutting back chose a known cheque book manager is about as beyond belief as appointing McLeish which is why I worry about him being in charge when it comes to appointing our next manager.

I know none of us are happy with McLeish but **** me thats no reason to look back on Houllier with any fondness.

Houllier had a plan and had his health not worsened we would be in a much better position with him at the helm right now than we are. We wouldn't have signed Hutton and Jenas for a start, we may have not lost Downing (I know he has been shit for Liverpool but he was great last season under GH), and we may have made some decent signings.

I know none of us are happy with McLeish but **** me thats no reason to look back on Houllier with any fondness.
I didn't miss Houllier that much when he left but McLeish has done so poorly that I really do miss him now.

Houllier had a plan and had his health not worsened we would be in a much better position with him at the helm right now than we are. We wouldn't have signed Hutton and Jenas for a start, we may have not lost Downing (I know he has been shit for Liverpool but he was great last season under GH), and we may have made some decent signings.

Houllier did have a plan. However his inability to command any respect in the dressing room - would mean this 'plan' had no chance of being implemented.

I don't see much future under AM - but I am not about to get nostalgic about Houllier, who created his own problems.

Again not defending AM - but I don't think he has the players to get us much above 10th - his record in transfer market - means he is highly unlikley to get them either.

Â