The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I'm dying for these takeover rumours to be true because there's no way they'd keep McLeish.

I've not heard any rumours about a takeover. Can you enlighten me?

Apparently QIA (people who own PSG) are going to buy the club in the summer. Supposedly this is going to break in February/March.

Won't happen.

Stop dreaming.

Stop spreading it, saying it over & over on here it won't make it come true.

Feel your pain as to why you are doing this thou!

I actually said in another thread it's probably bullshit.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are actually 13th

Also

After 20 games

2010/11 vs 2011/12

Position 15th - 13th

Goals Scored: 23 - 22

Goals Conceded 37 - 26

Crucial stat we was 2 points of the bottom 3 last season, this season we are 8.

McLeish may be a poor manager but we have not gone backwards yet, we have not gone forward much.

Seems a few people will have shoes in their mouths after reading this post. I suspect they won't shut the **** up though, they're still pissed we got an ex Scum manager. Can't be happy with a win at Chelsea eh? Two mistakes at home to Swansea and we're a club fighting relegation. **** fickle fans make me sick.

Could you do us a favor and compare our current points to the seasons previous to the 2010/11? I'm sure we aren't better off than when we under MON but we definitely aren't going backwards. People need to just calm down and breath. We'll be fine. We're AVFC.

We are actually 13th

Also

After 20 games

2010/11 vs 2011/12

Position 15th - 13th

Goals Conceded 37 - 26

McLeish may be a poor manager but we have not gone backwards yet, we have not gone forward much.

Seems a few people will have shoes in their mouths after reading this post. I suspect they won't shut the **** up though, they're still pissed we got an ex Scum manager. Can't be happy with a win at Chelsea eh? Two mistakes at home to Swansea and we're a club fighting relegation. **** fickle fans make me sick.

Could you do us a favor and compare our current points to the seasons previous to the 2010/11? I'm sure we aren't better off than when we under MON but we definitely aren't going backwards. People need to just calm down and breath. We'll be fine. We're AVFC.

Erm.. you obviously did not watch the Swansea game then. We had one proper shot on target :-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2012/jan/02/aston-villa-v-swansea

I wont bother with rest of your nonsense as must be related to someone on the board or something.

But anyhow for its worth most ppl were very happy with Chelsea result and even thought might be a turning point but no McLeish outdid himself yet again with useless management in Swansea game making crap decision with subs yet again. 2-0 down 20 mins to go he takes off Ireland and leaves what are basically 5 defenders on pitch.

Joke.

Compared to rest of season the Chelsea game looks more like a freak one-off rather than the awful dirge curmudgeon crap that fans have to endure under this manager who has a very poor previous failed Premiership record.

Incidentally we have one more point than the Blues did this time last season.

5 wins in 20 is shit.

Fact.

We are actually 13th

Also

After 20 games

2010/11 vs 2011/12

Position 15th - 13th

Goals Conceded 37 - 26

Annoyed because we have a shit manager.

oh and stats coming up points wise.

How are we not going backwards?

We took about ten steps backwards under Houllier and his Hilteresque style of man management but at least he tried to attack teams? AM seems to think that it is OK to try and protect a 2-0 losing position by flooding the pitch with players tasked with defending?

On Monday we should have been a team on a high? We should have over run Swansea? Instead we play dire turid defensive football! All AM does is blame individuals for their mistakes but we had ample time in the game turn things around but we couldn't be bothered!

MON is showing all his haters on here what he can do with a squad not dis-simular to ours i.e. getting them playing. MON was not perfect but I am starting to believe that he was the best we could ever hope for and a vast improvement on the two buffons Randy employed without any help from his knight in shining armour.

MON is showing all his haters on here what he can do with a squad not dis-simular to ours i.e. getting them playing. MON was not perfect but I am starting to believe that he was the best we could ever hope for and a vast improvement on the two buffons Randy employed without any help from his knight in shining armour.

It actually is dissimilar to ours - we have one most prolific strikers in league which they sold us whos wasted under McLeish - which makes it even more embarrasing for us- MON has much worse squad than we do at Sunderland - they actually have big injury list at moment , they have a pretty shit squad compared to ours - AND yet within 6 games they are already above us already and MON has won 4 games in 6 as McCrap has managed 5 in 20 all season . It is utterly embarrasing .

Our board are a joke.

It actually is dissimilar to ours - we have one most prolific strikers in league which they sold us whos wasted under McLeish - which makes it even more embarrasing for us- MON has much worse squad than we do at Sunderland - they actually have big injury list at moment , they have a pretty shit squad compared to ours - AND yet within 6 games they are already above us already and MON has won 4 games in 6 as McLeish has managed 5 in 20 all season . It is utterly embarrasing .

Our board are a joke.

Yes but people will just go on about his mediorce signings such as Beye, Sidwell, Davies etc and don't see the bigger picture that he made us a very good side that was difficult to beat. A properly controlled MON with regard to fees and wages is head and shoulders above the dross like GH and AM.

It actually is dissimilar to ours - we have one most prolific strikers in league which they sold us whos wasted under McLeish - which makes it even more embarrasing for us- MON has much worse squad than we do at Sunderland - they actually have big injury list at moment , they have a pretty shit squad compared to ours - AND yet within 6 games they are already above us already and MON has won 4 games in 6 as McLeish has managed 5 in 20 all season . It is utterly embarrasing .

Our board are a joke.

Yes but people will just go on about his mediorce signings such as Beye, Sidwell, Davies etc and don't see the bigger picture that he made us a very good side that was difficult to beat. A properly controlled MON with regard to fees and wages is head and shoulders above the dross like GH and AM.

But it appears that MON did not want to be 'properly controlled' at Villa, which is why he walked out/was sacked/left by mutual agreement*.

Having spent a bit of time in the wilderness, and probably realising that a top 4 side will never be interested in his services, he has joined a lesser club where he may use that experience and finally accept a bit of control from above.

*delete according to what you believe.

MON will do to Sunderland exactly what he has done to every other club he has managed.

It will be all roses to start with.....

.... but he will leave them knee deep in the brown.

Still, that's an improvement over AM - we are already knee deep and he's still here!

Nice too see Bristol Rovers sacked their manager before sats game due to results. The owners words said what we all want to hear Randy say about AM.

Paul & Randy need to show some balls and just do what we all want done.

Our board are a joke.

But it appears that MON did not want to be 'properly controlled' at Villa, which is why he walked out/was sacked/left by mutual agreement*.

Having spent a bit of time in the wilderness, and probably realising that a top 4 side will never be interested in his services, he has joined a lesser club where he may use that experience and finally accept a bit of control from above.

*delete according to what you believe.

I think MON made it quite clear that he was sacked and the fact that the club paid him compensation means that they were clearly in the wrong to do so. If you believe that refusing to accept proper financial control is a case for unfair dismissal then that's your opinion. I suspect just like Curbs that the club were trying to control team matters without consulting MON therefore undermining him and that's my opinion. With regard to being in the wilderness I don't really understand this as of last years top 4 only Chelsea changed their manager and they only ever seem to employ foreign managers. Sunderland is probably the first and biggest job to come along as Liverpool were always going to appoint King Kenny whoever was available?

Anyway back OT I think that we would be in a far better position now had MON stayed on even with the current financial restrictions compared to the useless so and so in charge now!

I'd suggest it's you who needs to calm down. Football is emotive, people are passionate and for many, many reasons that have just about been done to death they're extremely unhappy. Wishing them to "shut the **** up" is the exact opposite of what a forum like this is for. A place to vent, to debate. Your post isn't debate, it's just plain rude.

Also, in answer to your argument the fact that we were **** awful, worse even, at this point too last season is relevant how? A bad job is a bad job. A bad manager is a bad manager. A buffoon who is slightly less useless than the previous buffoon. brilliant.

His Blues connection? Seriously? I doubt anybody gives a rats ass anymore, we're in our own muck.

Bad sarcasm? Or bad memory?

I'd suggest it's you who needs to calm down. Football is emotive, people are passionate and for many, many reasons that have just about been done to death they're extremely unhappy. Wishing them to "shut the **** up" is the exact opposite of what a forum like this is for. A place to vent, to debate. Your post isn't debate, it's just plain rude.

Also, in answer to your argument the fact that we were **** awful, worse even, at this point too last season is relevant how? A bad job is a bad job. A bad manager is a bad manager. A buffoon who is slightly less useless than the previous buffoon. brilliant.

His Blues connection? Seriously? I doubt anybody gives a rats ass anymore, we're in our own muck.

'Plain rude' :lol: Ha

Just because he uses a few swearwords to show his emotion, which a lot of people do on here, doesn't mean he's not debating. I think CM's post is perfectly reasonable towards this debate.

The fact that we were worse off this time last season is relevant because we finished 9th last season. If we continue on track and manage to pull a few results out the hat, we might finish 9th or higher. Which, I imagine, most people would be happy with (having lost Downing, Young etc etc).

Also, I do think that his blues connection still grates on some people on here. And if it doesn't, then maybe they shouldn't mention 'small heath tactics' every time we lose.

I'm sorry but the whole 'we finished 9th' thing doesn't sit well with me. Does no-one remember that result at West Ham? If Gabby hadn't popped up in the last minute we'd have been right in the mire with Arsenal and Liverpool still to play. As it happens, that result pretty much secured our safety and we went on to somehow win those last two games. It could have been very, very different, and we were a lot closer to relegation than seemingly a lot of people remember.

I'm sorry but the whole 'we finished 9th' thing doesn't sit well with me. Does no-one remember that result at West Ham? If Gabby hadn't popped up in the last minute we'd have been right in the mire with Arsenal and Liverpool still to play. As it happens, that result pretty much secured our safety and we went on to somehow win those last two games. It could have been very, very different, and we were a lot closer to relegation than seemingly a lot of people remember.

:nod: It was definitely a shock and a somewhat distorted measure of our performances (or lack thereof) last season that we managed to finish as high as we did.

The fact that we were worse off this time last season is relevant because we finished 9th last season. If we continue on track and manage to pull a few results out the hat, we might finish 9th or higher. Which, I imagine, most people would be happy with (having lost Downing, Young etc etc).

Also, I do think that his blues connection still grates on some people on here. And if it doesn't, then maybe they shouldn't mention 'small heath tactics' every time we lose.

Why shouldn't small heath 'tactics' not be mentioned? I expect it would be the same if McLeish had just come from, say, Stoke. In other words his tactics (or lack of) do not seem to be working. I'd agree if most said 'McLeish out' because he came from small heath, but it seems to me that most are basing opinions on performances which have not been good enough.

I thought we may have turned the corner in the last three games before Swansea, but we haven't at all it seems.

About the 9th last season, I just worry because we started to pick up points when we played players in their correct position (Young and Downing wide), we now no longer have that in the locker which is worrying.

Â