The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Maybe the players are letting him down? They certainly did against Liverpool. There is nothing the manager can do when a player cannot make a single pass. We were better off lumping it it.
Well then why not come out and give them a kick up the backside? Fair enough don't do it every time, but if it's happening consistently (which it is) then why not?

Agree and also why not try other players.. the fact he keeps on consisting with some of the rubbish players is his own fault as we do have other options in our squad.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Collins being dropped was a good move by McLeish.. I would give props to him however Collins was a doubt for this game so i'm not sure he entirely made the decision himself, it'll be interesting to see if he plays next game (I think he will) Cuellar will move to RB i think.

For what it's worth I would leave Collins on the bench and persist with Cuellar who I must say had a good game with Dunne as a partnership.

Sell the **** lot and start again. God we are **** awful. Id love to blame mccleish but i cant. The playing personnel are just not good enough. We have the biggest bunch of donkeys ive seen down villa park in year's. Apart from the kids (who always put up a decent enought fight) sell the **** lot and start again. Bunch of overpaid useless tossers

Solid look today, didnt think Gabby was at the races too much, but the front three did look much more mobile.

Petrov should have made way earlier for me, there is only so much good the "old head" can do before it starts to be detrimental to the balance of the team. Petrov swanned around today without actually doing anything for me.

Defensively, what a difference it makes to have a ball carrier in the middle of the back four. Cueller was comfortable, made some critical interceptions and added a sense of composure to the back four. This allowed Hutton and Warnock to get forward more which added momentum to our attacks. Because we werent compensating for Collins lack of pace, we also played a higher line which squeezed play and allowed us to pressure higher up the pitch.

Dunney deserves mention on his own. I believe that he has been unfairly critisized at times on here, particularly when he is constatnly having to cover for the ball watching Collins. Tonight he was simply awesome. He was everywhere and instead of having to hold the edge of the 18 yard box, we could move up confident that we had the pace to deal with the ball over the top.

I still dont want McLeish, but that type of performance will not do him any harm. Unfortunately, still a defeat and still to a set piece.

Very good today, we'll pick up a lot more points playing like that. We did concede too many corners though, and it cost us right at the bitter end. Hope Cuellar keeps his places, better than Collins. Clark played well too.

Sell the **** lot and start again. God we are **** awful. Id love to blame mccleish but i cant. The playing personnel are just not good enough. We have the biggest bunch of donkeys ive seen down villa park in year's. Apart from the kids (who always put up a decent enought fight) sell the **** lot and start again. Bunch of overpaid useless tossers

That's the thing - I think this as well, but when you run through the list and see the people that played today, I look at each individual and think, keep him and then before I know it the whole lot should stay! The ones that definitely should go are the ones that arnt frigging playing all the time-

Beye

Heskey

Delfouneso

Ireland (maybe)

Marshall

In addition - from the current core team I would only put Collins, Hutton and Delph (again, maybe?)

I agree Cuellar was a big improvement over Collins but there is still zero inspiration on the pitch. Our best players are the kids. Who was captain tonight? Petrov? What a joke. Alot of our players are just plain poor. That aint gonna win you games. MAJOR overhaul needed

I was listening to commentary on Sky to another game tonight & they were mentioning how Roberto Martinez always tells his teams that it's Ok to lose so long as they don't lose by the same mistakes again.

Then i saw we YET AGAIN had lost to a late goal

Conceded YET AGAIN 2 goals for the zillionth time over the last 3 seasons.

1 YET AGAIN from a set piece!

Still good to see we learn from OUR mistakes :?

I have no axe to grind with Alex McLeish and as for his Blues connection I couldn't give a toss..... would have had Trevor Francis all day long..just fortunate we had the brilliant Brian Little to compensate.

The sad thing for me is, this Alec Mcleish thing won't last long, it just simply won't work, so why persist?

I have every sympathy with, give a guy a chance, but this is Billy McNeill all over again.

We need some decisive action, no matter how unpalatable it appears.

we put in what is considered the best performance in ages and yet at the end of it we still lost.

arsenal have the joint worst away defence in the league, they have injuries at both full back position, and yet the only way we are able to score is with a gift from a woeful defender in mertesacker.

yes we actually looked competent in terms of pressing the opposition, passing and moving, but how much did we actually create? apart from gabbys header very early on i can't remember their keeper having to exert himself. after we scored they were there for the taking but the only team forcing saves was arsenal.

and yet again despite the managers strengths supposedly being organising a defence, we concede from a set piece. to a team who have scored from a corner just once this season.

I think we'll have 19 points in 19 games played. That's 1 point per average. Exactly the same stats AM suffered under SHA. Not good enough! All those draws he picked up is coming back to haunt him. He hasn't learnt a **** thing from SHA. Stupid clearing in the woods playing for draws. He did it again with Arsenal tonight. He seem satifised about the 1-1 scoreline. Didn't change a thing from the subs. Wenger however want to win it and made a double sub change where there was still alot of mins to play for and what do you know one of them makes an impact. Then suddenly AM brings on Fonz but by then it's too **** late. I'm sick of this useless prick.

Still has to go. We played well tonight but why did it take so long? Not only that but we're STILL conceding from set-pieces with such alarming regularity. Stoke will maul us. I honestly believe we're going to ship AT LEAST 3 set-piece goals there.

Just back from VP. The very positive crowd response at half time and full time said it all. The lads played really well, gave their all and deserved at least a point and probably all three. As many have said over the last few months you can take losing its the negative attitude that couldn't be stomached. Well tonight the attitude was spot on. Hopefully despite the defeat it could be a turning point. Regardless of what anyone thinks of McLeish lets hope its a performance we can build on.

Â