The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might apply for the job myself using my Football Manager CV. Not that I'll need a CV as, judging from McLeishs' performance, experience, or even a basic grasp of football, is not needed.

Proud History, No Future under McLeish. Prepare yourselves for a hammering against Swansea next week too.

I loved MON and never doubted him.

I thought the idea of Mcdonald naive, and cheap.

I thought Houllier would be a disaster, and he was.

I didn't criticise the appointment of AM, thought I would give him time. But it is clearly rubbish, there is nothing to be gained by false 'positivity'. Game after game we are an embarrassment, look at Swans and QPR, Norwich, even Blackburn, playing with more spirit fight and ability than we can dream of, with unquestionably worse players. So Am has to have responsibility for that and go.

But for me that is 4 guys under Randy, and the only one who did any good he didn't appoint and had enough of him anyway, so for me it is RL that is the root problem. He doesn't want us to do a Leeds ? Leeds didn't have a guy with a Billion Dollars in the Bank did they ?

he will get results against shit sides and do the basic minimum. But he will never ever take a club anywhere other than downwards in the long term. His outlook is unrelentingly negative and white flaggish. No consideration for playing football or even trying to win which is the most shameful element of his approach. We could lose to Spurs and other top sides any year regardless and we have done, but at least we've always had a chance of getting results and indeed have got them from either enterprising or even simply judicious counter attacking there was at least a style predicated on the need to gain a positive result.

AM holds no such aspirations. He is a complete coward, trying to protect some nonexistent legacy. He has nothing to lose yet still doesn't venture out.

We may well still and probably will finish top 10 this season - he will beat the wigans and blackburns, but we will NEVER go forward with such a backward approach. The persistency with heskey and the same centre back partnership is insane.

One of the few positives of McLeish I thought he would at least send us out with some fire in our belly even if ability wise we may at times be found lacking against some teams. That tonight though was tripe. We played for a draw and then when that quickly went out the window we played to keep the score down. Absolute **** disgrace. I don't care who you manage you can't go out with the defeatist attitude we did but its made even worse that it is a proud club like Aston Villa being lowered to such a level.

What kind of message does it send to the players to start with 6 recognised defenders and a 34 year old forward at left midfield whose job it seemed was to defend. You may as well forget it before kick off and surprise surprise they did. Sad thing is that we had the players on the bench to have a go. Even worse is that at 2-0 we didn't even try to make changes and get back in the game until after the hour mark and then it was a token gesture and no change in attitude.

I don't mind losing as long as you can say we did our best, gave our all and had a go. As long as you do that I 'll take a 4,5, 6 - 0 thrashing. That tonight though was defeatist small time crap. Someone at AVFC needs to pull McLeish aside and tell him any more of that tripe and he can **** off.

The only saving grace for me is that's its the first game I haven't been to this season and I am so glad I didn't as watching it on the box was bad enough.

I thought there were plenty of signs against Norwich to be encouraged by but tonight has really thrown me into the doubting camp. That was truly awful in many many ways.

The only plus was that that we only conceded two and they were only down to shit defending from Collins.

Reading on the Spurs forum, laughing at McLiesh's tactics throughout.

One said this as well;

"Aston Villa didn't have a gameplan... they just accepted defeat and that's something i hate seeing, even from lesser teams."

Another said;

"They just gave up what the ****. Don't deserve to wear the shirt. Aston Villa are a team of passion and history and that performance from them was utter shite."

My dog does more work covering his tracks after he's had a lash than Villa did in that entire game, pathetic to see a, somewhat decent team, roll over and fluff.

Not seen us and a Villa manager accept defeat in a premier league game like this for some time. Yeah Houllier against City in the FA Cup, but everything about McLiesh's subs and tactics were wrong. Even when we lost to Wolves at home last season we still tried to get back into it tactically, and that was abysmal.

Bannan comes on for Cuellar (personally would have took off Hutton, Collins or Heskey), Delph comes on with 5 minutes left for Herd (perhaps our best player on the pitch), whilst nearly 34 year old Heskey (who was useless today, and tired, got an extremely rare 90 minutes). Petrov also got 90, even though he looked dead on his feet after 65. Recon McLiesh and Zog have had a fall out? No Albrighton on the bench, despite his success against Spurs last season. McLiesh said we wouldn't pass it against Spurs, and we needed to in his post match interview. Maybe that comes from filling a midfield 4 with an ageing striker, a poor right back, a utility player like Herd and Petrov.

Really want this plonker out of our club.

6 defenders? outrageous. embarassing to the club. randy if anyone from your team, are reading this i am ashamed of you for appointing this ma to our club

disgusting one measley shot on target. kettering town would have put up more of a fight

am sick of him already with his crap, boring, negative football. take heskey with you

Â