Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

tbh never really have any complaints, at least you are honest. Unlike the other guys for certain other teams who make even average players quite decent. I could go back and pick out numerous Spurs youth who on FM have been great but are shite irl.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demo hasn't even been released and you get people with comments like this on the official forum

Player Name: Samir Carruthers

Club: Aston Villa

The expected PA: -10

All this is based on Wallys update of which I am hoping will be similar to the FM12 database because he will turn out to be amazing. Has potential now in real life but like most Villa youngsters not reflected in the game that much. Like Bannan should have been given a better PA in FM11, but I'm not holding my breath.

Now Samir isn't bad but to suggest he has a chance of making it as the best player in the World.....ever is pushing it a bit. This same lad has also claimed elsewhere that Gabby is underrated and suggested that his finishing should be higher because he has scored at a near on 1 in 2 ratio in a Villa shirt...........

I think you've always done a good job of accurately rating our players and if i really don't agree with something i just edit the database, its not hard to do.

Also Andy who would you rate as our most promising player in the reserves/academy?

P.S, Andy. I PROMISE I will not post any of the PA/CA stats this year and apologise for doing so last year.

No worries, was just making sure you and your mate stayed out of trouble!

Lips will be sealed. :)

Seen your answer to the youth question, here is another good one, which player who has come through our ranks did you think could be great but were disappointed by?

Luke Moore, still think he could be dynamite but I don't think he gives a monkeys or ever did for more than the odd game here or there.

My biggest mistake in FM terms would be Shane Paul who was by far the better player up front with Gabby in the academy, I gave him a -9 but he wasn't physically (in terms of stature or resistance to injuries etc) up to the job.

Shane Paul what a legend! I used to buy him for everyone

I'd say you get them pretty close and agree with whoever said they happily use the editor to change anything, it's so easy to do, judging by the neoseeker forums etc I'd say most people are happy with the villa as a playable team, definitely one of the better more challenging games, I can never get them to do anything, just like real life!

Shane Paul, I loved him on FM!

I think the only issue I had last year was that I thought Bannan needed to be better (I think his top end was usually about 140 with me) I would have him at 150ish but to be honest there is not much of a difference and it was just me looking at players such Jake Livermore who always came out with an ability in the 155 range for potential.

Neoseeker is normally filled with complaints, particularly about Gabby!

Part of the problem (and I don't mean this disrespectfully) is a lack of understanding of what an attribute actually does, some of the descriptions are ambiguous at best so people get uppity and complain when they don't really know what they are talking about.

Someone on the official forums was complaining that he has a goalscoring record of 1 in 2 (IRL) yet I apparently continually underate Gab because he is not a regular goalscorer............So basically complete rubbish really.

The phrase I really dislike is when people say "Player X needs a boost" as if somehow over the course of a season the player has improved generally across the board. I think that it is one of the biggest problems with the database not enough players have their weaknesses represented, lots of 10s, 11s and 12s.

Neoseeker is normally filled with complaints, particularly about Gabby!

Part of the problem (and I don't mean this disrespectfully) is a lack of understanding of what an attribute actually does, some of the descriptions are ambiguous at best so people get uppity and complain when they don't really know what they are talking about.

From what you explained to me, even moving certain stats up on a player can affect other stats, is that right?

My issue is with the majority of Spurs and other teams youngsters being way way over-rated. I wish they were honest like you, would make the game much better.

The attributes are what make the CA, so if a player had 20s in all of the key areas for the position then they would also have a high CA. Each attribute is weighted depending on the players positions and 'footedness' and the total of the attributes makes the CA. The most important part is the attributes, the CA is not used in the match engine only the attributes are used.

I don't think that there is a great deal wrong with the current system, the problem is people thinking that 9s, 10s or 11s are poor attributes (both on the research team and game players) when in reality they are right in the middle and 'average'. It would be far better to see players with really low numbers in some areas rather than these identical players who are a mix of 10's, 11's and 12's.

Â