Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

thanks for your feedback, but the players in question are different from the start of each season.

I created a villa game, loaded it up and Lichaj(for example) was a DRL.

now i've created a new game(network game) and Lichaj is a DR.

I haven't used the editor, and both games are the same patch.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, strange one. Shouldn't be possible to have different attributes since you're starting from the same db.

I would say if you're reading his position from the 'Position' column in his general info or from his general heading/summary, that's sometimes unreliable anyway. It barely distinguishes between 'Natural' and 'Accomplished' positions and doesn't list every one. For instance, I have a player who is a natural AMC and MC, but under the positions column it reads 'AMC, DM' despite the fact that he is only 'Accomplished' at DM. So it could be that Lichaj is a Natural DR and Accomplished DL, but the 'DL' only shows up in the Positions column under certain mysterious conditions. FM2012 presents this info better than in past versions but still the only really reliable in-game positional info is in the Positions tab.

Only way to be sure is check the editor for his precise hidden positional attributes. It could be that if you're not starting a game as Villa, scouting might be required to discover that Lichaj is Accomplished at DL.

Only way to be sure is check the editor for his precise hidden positional attributes. It could be that if you're not starting a game as Villa, scouting might be required to discover that Lichaj is Accomplished at DL.

Thank You, I think this is it, i went and appointed another manager at Villa, and they appeared as they had on my previous save.

I've set up a new game with a kind of what if scenario, what if Citeh's owners got bored and dumped them. I've installed Ray Ranson as owner, given them some debt, took away their Arabian connections and left everything else as is.

Should be interesting.

I've set up a new game with a kind of what if scenario, what if Citeh's owners got bored and dumped them. I've installed Ray Ranson as owner, given them some debt, took away their Arabian connections and left everything else as is.

Should be interesting.

LOL, let us know how that plays out, Surely the squad gets dismantled, I'm kinda hoping thats what Abramavich does to Chelsea now he finally bought the European Cup.

Wow I'm shit at this game. 4 straight losses to start up the PL action. :( Once upon I time I was actually decent at this game. Utterly outplayed by Blackburn and QPR...

Seem to have things sorted now, though still need a player or two for depth. Won my first four of the season straight, and have bossed my home games: 10 goals in 2, 1 against. Robertinho has 6 already! Just have to keep them all happy. My 6'5" target man option, CA Kotchoni, has been given leave of absence three times conecutively due to his inability to settle, and finally had to be transfer listed, so I've been digging as hard as I can with my €45/wk part time scouts to find a good replacement, preferably homegrown. Wish I'd noticed Sweden's HG rule before I signed so many South Americans and the like as key players!

I went back to this the other day and had a quick go on an old Boro' save. It was only in the 11/12 season though. Won 6 games in a row, then lost 0-3 to the bottom of the league who hadn't scored in 4 and had won 1 in 10 v____v then won my next 3 in a row, scoring 4 in each! Sitting 3rd in the league.

anybody got any tips for match fitness?

my team were fly up until January, now grinding to a halt, had a great cup run in league cup, and now the FA Cups starting, i'm playing nearly every saturday/wednesday, and don't have anywhere near the quality or depth to be rotating players.

my team were fly up until January, now grinding to a halt, had a great cup run in league cup, and now the FA Cups starting, i'm playing nearly every saturday/wednesday, and don't have anywhere near the quality or depth to be rotating players.

In my experience if you're repeatedly going into games with players at about 94% conditioning or under, they're going to play like they're jaded. If you don't have the squad depth, you can give the players a couple of days rest from training to get a last minute boost of their condition.

Only other thing for it is to throw the cup games, using your kiddies and no-hopers. On earlier FMs I eventually took charge of my Reserve and Youth games personally - this slows down your career massively but it gives you a much better idea of who in your lower ranks have hidden potential, and how they might fit in as backup. I had a 16 year old goal poacher whose stats and coach ratings gave no hint of him being much good. Seeing him close up showed me he was a handy dribbler with damaging pace, so I used him in cup runs and he scored 6 in 8, usually in dramatic last minute fashion.

Classicly shit at this game. I always do brilliantly in my pre-season then as soon as the PL starts I struggle to do anything in my first 6 games, get fed up and don't bother playing again for a month. Then I forget where I am, restart and try again...and fail.

Anyone recommend any good players for the following positions for a Villa game?

GK - Romo?

RB - Vrsajko?

LB - Digne?

CB - Forren?

CB - Alderweireld?

RM?

DM - Jali?

CM?

ACM?

RW?

LW?

ST?

In my experience if you're repeatedly going into games with players at about 94% conditioning or under, they're going to play like they're jaded. If you don't have the squad depth, you can give the players a couple of days rest from training to get a last minute boost of their condition.

Only other thing for it is to throw the cup games, using your kiddies and no-hopers. On earlier FMs I eventually took charge of my Reserve and Youth games personally - this slows down your career massively but it gives you a much better idea of who in your lower ranks have hidden potential, and how they might fit in as backup. I had a 16 year old goal poacher whose stats and coach ratings gave no hint of him being much good. Seeing him close up showed me he was a handy dribbler with damaging pace, so I used him in cup runs and he scored 6 in 8, usually in dramatic last minute fashion.

this might seem a daft question but i have no idea how to rest players from training, i never mess with the training and just follow what the coaches suggest.

Go to Training via your team's drop-down menu, find the Players tab at the bottom, click the Schedule menu for a player, Rest will be at the top of the options. You can also set training intensity and specific workload on the Training tab of an individual player.

Go to Training via your team's drop-down menu, find the Players tab at the bottom, click the Schedule menu for a player, Rest will be at the top of the options. You can also set training intensity and specific workload on the Training tab of an individual player.

Ive looked into this now, does this mean i have to keep going into that menu after every game and tell them to rest, or can i do some sort of schedule?

Classicly shit at this game. I always do brilliantly in my pre-season then as soon as the PL starts I struggle to do anything in my first 6 games, get fed up and don't bother playing again for a month. Then I forget where I am, restart and try again...and fail.

Anyone recommend any good players for the following positions for a Villa game?

GK - Romo?

RB - Vrsajko?

LB - Digne?

CB - Forren?

CB - Alderweireld?

RM?

DM - Jali?

CM?

ACM?

RW?

LW?

ST?

GK: I can never sign anyone first season as the good ones are not interested. I usually end up selling Given (on a way too long contract) before the 2nd season. In my current game I bought Handonovic from Udinese for £10m. Great keeper.

RB: Vrsaljko is great. Romario from Vitoria is one for the future if he can get work permit. A little tip is to sign him on 12 month loan with a future fee around £2million

RL: Tricky position with few potential stars. Have a look at Cheick M'Bengue (sp?). Aly Cissokho(?) usually becomes availble at around £10m in Jan befroe he recovers from his injury.

DC: Rafael Toloi. Very cheap, with great potential.

James Tomkins. Cheap and good.

Ecuele Manga (sp) cheap quality with potential

Yaroslav Rakitskiy. Never tried signing him so I don't know if he can get a WP, but he look very good.

DMC:

Andile Jali. Great defensive player and can be signed for less than £1mill

Etienne Capoue if you can afford him. Great skills both in defence and attack. Around £10mill.

Taras Stepanenko, looks like a very good player.

Sandro: He used to become availeble on earlier builds of the game. Dunno about the latest patch. One of the best DMC and DCs (if you train him to play there) of the game.

MC: James Collison: Cheap, but did surprisingly well for me.

Delph also does very well for me.

Felipe Anderson: Same as Romario. Try signing him on loan with future fee. Usually available for around £5mill.

AMC: I don't use a player in this position but Erick Torres looks a great prospect.

Mateo Kovacevic. Wont be able to sign him before he is 18, but make a deal for a 12 month loan with future fee in first season. Can be signed very cheap if you do it that way.

Wingers: I dont use wingers so I don't know who does well there, but keep an eye on Douglas Costa, Giuliano, Yarmolenko, Eugene Eugene Konoplyanka (sp), Pavel Niakhaichyk (sp) if their prices drop.

SC: Darwin Quintero: Somewhat inconsistent, but will get you alot of goals. Train him heavily in composure. Around £2.5-£3mill

Iker Munain: I always try to get him as soon as possible. My favorite player in the game. Usually cost £20 mill first season, £33mill from second season.

Fierro: One for the future. Around £1mill

Kadlec: Prospect, but can deliver 1st season. Train him in composure though. Around £5mill probably.

Ive looked into this now, does this mean i have to keep going into that menu after every game and tell them to rest, or can i do some sort of schedule?

Easiest way to rest your players is a lot simpler.

Go on to the team squad page. Highlight all your players or just the players you want to rest. Right click on them, then I think you go to training and then rest and there is options for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days and a week.

Or actually at the very top where the days are click on the day you want them to rest until and there should be an option that says rest all players. Click on that.

At least that is how I remember it to be. Haven't played this in a long time.

Easiest way to rest your players is a lot simpler.

Go on to the team squad page. Highlight all your players or just the players you want to rest. Right click on them, then I think you go to training and then rest and there is options for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days and a week.

Or actually at the very top where the days are click on the day you want them to rest until and there should be an option that says rest all players. Click on that.

At least that is how I remember it to be. Haven't played this in a long time.

That's much easier, thank you.

Anybody know the best way to negotiate with the board? I can't talk them into anything, even though we're running away with the league, our finances are solid, and everybody is pleased with my management.

I've managed to win the FA Cup whilst in league 2 with Guiseley. * I got an incredibly lucky draw, the hardest team I got was Fulham in the final but still :?

*Guiseley do have James Milner, and 2 Championship players that i edited in, but it's still crazy.

Â