Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this, started out unemployed, signed on as head coach of GIF Sundsvall with 7 games to play, won first match to take us from 9th to 7th, but don't know if I have enough time to get us into contention for promotion. Only have one senior keeper and my youth options are rubbish, so I've taken a free agent on trial who should be an improvement if he works out and am scouting a couple others. My budget is 140k max, so I may adjust that downward slightly so I can pursue free agents more aggressively with better wages. My squad is tiny, so I have to get bodies in.

I have a feeling this game means my life is over.

Daniel, just wanna say that tactic has brought me some big success in a few games. Rondon is my lone striker and he had a game where he scored 5, a game where he scored 4 and 2 games where he scored 3 (when starting). He's only been used as a sub but has now replaced Gabby as my leading striker.

Leaked a few goals (drew with Arsenal 4-4, Man Utd 3-3) but overall it's not bad. I'm 2nd (1 point behind Utd) after I drew my last 2 games against Everton and Wigan. Can't buy a win at the moment, only 2 games left in the league! Hoping Utd stumble and I power through.

I'll put up his stats later (shots, shots on target etc...). I managed to stop him shooting with power too which helps loads! He was blasting them everywhere at the start of the season.

So decided to start a new Career with the update, it's bloody hard with Villa, Managed to get Sunderland (surprise) to sign Heskey 500k plus 500k for a further 30 Apps. LOL.

then got Hutton (Arsenal) and Collins (Newcastle) out on loan to reduce the wage bill but haven't had a great opportunity to sign anyone. Missed out on both Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wellbeck on loan.

Created my own 4-2-3-1 formation, based on counter attacking. Was steady if not spectacular to begin with, but 15 games in the team have become a real threat going forward.

cuyde.jpg

Bent up top as poacher, with Gabby and N'Zogbia wide, Ireland behind bent.

Then a deep laying midfield two.

Seems like as soon as familiarity got quite high for the system and the team, they started fireing on all cylinders.

My last 3 games have been a 2-0 win over Swansea, 4-0 over Arsenal both at home and then a 4-0 away at Sunderland.

to top it all off Heskey got sent off in 88th minute.

Yaya Sanogo has taken a massive decline in my season now. He wont score and just gets injured all the time. So i splashed out on the highest potential regen striker on my save.

2zi4f1v.jpg

Also got a striker for Free from Real Madrid. He was only supposed to be temporary till i got to the end of the season. He didn't seem like he had potential. His price and stats have rocketed. I now can't play them both at the same time so he is going to become unhappy soon. Might just take what i can get for him. As i didn't expect him to become so good for a 27 year old.

161cfp2.jpg

90sy85.jpg

Anyone recommend some players to sign for the blue square premier?

I have no experience at this level, you could try lee hendrie lol?

I was amazed when I struggled to attract 40 yr old Jar I Litmanen to villa. Still got cracking

Stats for a support striker. I'm guessing free transfers are your best bet.

I did the treble! :hooray:

Utd stumbled and drew one of their last two games, I wont both of mine including a fantastic 5-1 win against Wigan to see the season out. 5-3 in extra time against Liverpool also won be the FA Cup.

Anyone recommend some players to sign for the blue square premier?

I have no experience at this level, you could try lee hendrie lol?

I was amazed when I struggled to attract 40 yr old Jar I Litmanen to villa. Still got cracking

Stats for a support striker. I'm guessing free transfers are your best bet.

Struggled or failed? :lol:

-----------------------Rondon-----------------------

A.Johnson------------Delph----------------Joaquin

--------------Witsel----------Fernando--------------

Kolorov---Shawcross--Alderweireld--van der Wiel

---------------------ter Stegen----------------------

Given, Clark, Bandalovski, Kara, Bressan, Albrighton, N'zogbia, Agbonlahor + a few youth players still (Herd, Bannan, Lichaj, Weimann, Delfouneso, Stevens) to balance it all out.

Anyone got a downloadable good tactic for villa that includes wingers, my usual doesnt and im sick of having to try and shit CZN and Albrighton right from the start.

I downloaded some tactics from the net from fmbase I think. The tactics are called JPs Germany style tactics 2012 version 1 and version 2.

both use wingers, one is a 4-2-3-1 tactic which is the better one or the other version is a 4-1-2-2-1/4-5-1 tactic.

I won the league cup and came 2nd in the prem in my first season using Nzog and Gabby out wide. Nzogbia was player of the season and had something like 30 assists

I finally persuaded Litmanen to come, i had to offer him key player, and a contract worth 20k if he played a game, seems to be worth it though, i've started him 3 times, and he scored an assist, an assist and finally a goal. Major downside is that he last on average an hour and i have to sub him out due to fitness being wreaked.

Happy so far with him.

Â