Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

I agree with you Trent. I think we're both saying the same thing. He will have to expect and accept dog's abuse from the fans and a level of attention from media and players for the rest of the season. But I do think if he gets through that, next season it'll die down a lot.

Until he spits at another player or flips off another set of fans.

The thing is though BOF history with Suarez would rather suggest that he won't keep his nose clean in fact it suggests quite the opposite.

This is a guy who prior to joining Liverpool was banned while at Ajax for 7 games because he bit an opposition player, since being with Liverpool aside from the Evra stuff people seem to forget he got a one game ban for sticking his finger up at Fulham fans. Since returning from his ban for the Evra incident he has kicked Parker in the stomach I believe intentionally and then got himself in trouble at Old Trafford.

So I think we are in agreement only to a point BOF, neither of us think the situation is irreparable I think we differ though on how likely it is that the player himself is capable of turning things around. I simply think that the level of maturity required is beyond Suarez, I think he still probably despite the statement thinks he has done nothing wrong. You can't learn from mistakes if you don't acknowledge you've made them and as such while I don't think the situation is irreparable I think Suarez as a individual is incapable of managing it.

Until he spits at another player or flips off another set of fans.

Well I think that goes without saying. The point is that the aftermath from this particular debacle will only largely last until the end of this season IMO.

Considering one of the reasons Bent left Sunderland was supposed to be that his mum was subject to racial abuse I'd be stunned if he was willing to go there. In fact why would any black footballer want to go to Liverpool after this whole episode?

Isn't Glen Johnson the only one there? Weird.

Everton had never had a black player until recently

Daniel Amokachi played for them nearly 20 years ago

He signed for them 18 years ago, which is pretty recent for this type of thing. We played 8 black players at goodison the year before and was subject to much racism.

Everton had never had a black player until recently

Daniel Amokachi played for them nearly 20 years ago

He signed for them 18 years ago, which is pretty recent for this type of thing. We played 8 black players at goodison the year before and was subject to much racism.

OK didnt know that. thought by recent he meant in last 10 years

You should hear yourself sometimes Trent.

Living in Liverpool as I do, you should hear yourselves tbh. The rest of the footballing world views this in an entirely different light to Liverpool and its fans. LFC, Dalglish and Suarez have spectacularly misjudged this one from the very start of the sorry episode.

And I'm certainly not one of those people that take an instant dislike to LFC nor Dalglish (who I have a lot to be thankful for on a personal level) but you really all should take a step back and take a long hard impartial look at yourselves, you've all let yourselves down. I even know some quite famous Liverpool fans, who are generally considered to be left wing in their outlook that have got caught up in this and taken a completely different side to that which they would have taken had it been any other team.

Take the blinkers off and you'll see that a player made a racist remark (he didn't even deny it), from that point onwards every single action by LFC, Dalglish and the player have been wrong until yesterday. LFC have let themselves down badly and it took American investors in LFC to bring that to a head.