Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

He point refused to blame suarez, said there was nothing wrong with not shaking hands that hand shaking isn't needed before the game that the fa were wrong to find suarez guilty that the panel haven't proven their quailifications before finding him guilty and that racism is bigger than throwing the book at individual players

he followed this by going off on one about what is race? Giving a lecture on the history of racism, claiming that there is no science behind racism just an ideal, he questioned what cameron was trying to do, said that people are no different from the 80s but now they are just restrained and he wanted to change that, questioned where all the black managers were

basically he said suarez had done nothing wrong but then blasted everything anyone is doing about racism

This will be the same John Barnes who is the only black player ever signed by Dalgleish.

The same John Barnes who despite being an absolute failure of a manager at Celtic and Tranmere but claims that racism in the game stands in his way when it comes to manager vacancies.

This will be the same John Barnes pictured below kicking away a banana thrown at him in his early days as a Liverpool player....

hmmm

2qx9j4p.jpg

Surely a healthy mid game snack? How ungrateful.

(not my joke by the way, aim your disdain elsewhere)

Barnes also threw in a couple of really sly digs at the journo in the studio saying that because the medi weren't overly interested in the 80s their opinion wasn't as worthwhile as his and that if they didn't care then they are wrong to care now

the whole thing was very strange, I think collymore has tweeted the interview

Both Suarez's and Dalglish's statements are too cursory and dismissive if you ask me but I guess it will now all be swept uinder the carpet and everyone will move on without the situation really being resolved.

Nice to see them having to come off their high horses a little bit though.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Luis Suarez has been arrested for the murder of Whitney Houston in a racially motivated attack. Eye witness Patrica Evra says he saw Suarez kill her at least ten times.

Sir Alex Ferguson has called for the death penalty. Kenny Dalglish says he has never heard of Whitney Houston and has questioned whether she ever actually existed. Howard Webb said he saw it all...

I don't know whose worse Suarez for all he's done and continues to do, or Dalglish for defending him, or the Chief Exec and the owners for doing **** all

Vulgar club, committing Harry Karry

The owners came out Sunday and said Suarez' actions Saturday were "unacceptable"...

We'll see what they do from here...they don't want to suspend him further themselves, seeing where they are in the table...but they also don't want the reputation of the club sullied any more...I personally think they should suspend him for one game and fine him. Then monitor him the rest of the season and if he acts out like the word removed he is, then I'd sell him this summer. He's turning into a worse signing than Andy Carroll.

So frustrating. My best mate at Uni is a Liverpool fan, season ticket holder and like any Liverpool fan, defends his club to the tilt, at least he's respectful with his comments and opinions but it's so annoying because I just want to unleash a barrage of abuse towards Liverpool and Suarez (who he loves) and I can't :( not even on twitter. He likes Villa, watches all the games with me and my other flat mate who's a Villa fan, agrees with me that McLeish is a shocking manager, so I can't then spoil all that niceness by letting me true hatred of Liverpool come out. Instead I have to put on a brave face and pretend I'm happy for him when Liverpool get a win.

**** off. I hate Liverpool.

Liverpool have made their fair share of baffling decisions over the past few weeks and months but spending £20m to bring Stewart Downing to Anfield must surely rank as Kenny Dalglish's biggest mistake in the transfer market. Some will point to the £35m spent on Andy Carroll, others to the £16m on Jordan Henderson, yet they are both young and, while they were almost certainly overpriced – Liverpool falling prey to the English Tax – they were bought not only for what they can do but for what they may offer the club in the future. While Carroll hardly merits being the eighth most expensive player of all time and will almost certainly never justify his price tag, the memory of the panic he spread in opposition defences when he was at Newcastle United means Liverpool cannot give up on him yet.

This argument cannot be used in Downing's favour. We have known what he can do since 2003. Plenty of leading managers have watched and passed judgment without feeling there is a Downing-shaped hole in their side, and that is why no big club bothered moving for him before last summer. He does not belong at Liverpool, he is a mid-table player and his constant presence in England squads says more about the state of them than it does about him. He has no change of pace, no tricks or swerving runs to get supporters on their feet and, this season, no goals or assists in the league: to put it bluntly, this is the sort of signing that loses a manager his job.

The biggest charge that could be made against Downing's display against United was that in a game where Liverpool could not carry any passengers he hid. When he brought down Rafael da Silva, earning himself a booking in the first half, it was a reminder he was on the pitch; similarly when Craig Bellamy, who should have started instead, replaced him after 61 minutes of ineptitude. When Rafael Benítez was in charge of Liverpool, a lack of funds frustrated his attempts to sign a top-class winger. Dalglish had the funds. He bought Downing.

link

:lol::lol::lol:

FWIW I disagree. I think he has to show humility and perform for the rest of the season without being an asshole. For him I expect that's easier said than done. But I think it's not a totally lost cause and I don't think it's irreparable.

It isn't irreparable but he is a marked man now, the fans at every away game will be on his case and the press will be waiting for him to make a mistake. While on the pitch players will be looking to get a reaction from him, I know personally if I was a black player in the PL I wouldn't shake his hand in fact I wouldn't shake his hand even as a white PL player. I also think it is highly likely a few players will be looking to kick the odd lump out of him in the remainder of the season.

I think he can still have a successful career in this country but to an extent I think in terms of his reputation the damage to an extend is done. It doesn't matter if he keeps his nose clean now his cards are marked with many people.

I suspect if they miss out on the CL again at the end of the season that combined with events of the season could see him leave Anfield, I certainly hope he does. For all his talent I take no pleasure at all in seeing players of his nature in the league.

The guy has had controversy follow him wherever he's gone.

I remember his antics for Uruguay when Australia had to play them for World cup qualification, so much petulance.

Then there was the biting incident in the Netherlands and regular diving for Ajax.

His handball and jumping around against Ghana in the WC didn't win him any new friends.

I think he is a liability for any team to take on. Much like Tevez actually.

I agree with you Trent. I think we're both saying the same thing. He will have to expect and accept dog's abuse from the fans and a level of attention from media and players for the rest of the season. But I do think if he gets through that, next season it'll die down a lot.