Photography?

trimandson

here's some of my work.

http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=254257

my tip - try and learn something from every shot you do, as it takes years to truely master it (and im a way off it at present). Also, be able to put your work up for constructive criticism.

The secret - having the eye for a great shot, seeing somthing in seemingly nothing and turing it into a capture. Oh and taking shots in RAW can really help.

My cameras take a bit of a pounding so don't want to go into the pro range

That is utterly bizarre logic Tony, the Pro ranges are built to withstand so much more, thats why they are pro cameras. Amateur SLRs are not designed to be as rugged

That is utterly bizarre logic Tony, the Pro ranges are built to withstand so much more, thats why they are pro cameras. Amateur SLRs are not designed to be as rugged

guess I didn't write it very clearly ... what I meant is that if a £500 camera is damaged then I wont be as upset than if a £2000 camera is damaged ... if a £2k camera had started to melt before my eyes I doubt I would ever take it out the bag again ..

having said that I hadn't realised the Pro range were also of superior build quality body wise , assumed it was all in the workings and what not

guess I didn't write it very clearly ... what I meant is that if a £500 camera is damaged then I wont be as upset than if a £2000 camera is damaged ... if a £2k camera had started to melt before my eyes I doubt I would ever take it out the bag again ..

having said that I hadn't realised the Pro range were also of superior build quality body wise , assumed it was all in the workings and what not

Nah Pro ranges are usually Aluminium bodies, that are coated, Am ranges are usually plastic bodies. Pro Ranges are built to withstand a larger more extreme range of conditions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few from a performance of 'Forbidden' at Goodrich Castle. I know the selective desaturation thing is a tad cliched but I haven't used it before so figure I'm allowed!

2661392334_02d9ba9a82.jpg

2661266148_60df88135a.jpg

2661738608_9fddd583bb.jpg

2664489660_537aa07bd4.jpg

2665611558_a9ff12d30c.jpg

2663923567_637ba38e73.jpg

my mate took this photo when we were in year 11, about 6 years ago.ive always loved it, like i said i now nothing technical so please give em a critique of it, i just love the questions and issues it prompts me into considering

SamJones-UK-JesusisComing.jpg

Wendy definitely has the shutter bug

Nice flutterby, pain in the arse to Butterflys, the little bastards always fly off just as you press the shutter

if you want a slight criticism though, the wing tip and the antenae go slightly out of the frame, its always best to pull out a bit in a shot of this type, you can always crop back in to the subject if needs be afterwards but compositionally its quite sound as you've created a nice diangonal

Â