Photography?

trimandson

• 3 weeks later...
cracking picture, how did you resist not going in for a closer look?

Only just seen this comment, So I'll post a picture later of where we were going that'll show why we didn't bother stopping here. If you stopped at every medieval town around those parts you'd never get anywhere

Also, nice shots of the le mans cars Cat

looks like you had a good trip tony

looks like you had a good trip tony

Yeah , impressed with my 450d ... trouble I had was mainly it was huge Roman monuments everywhere and very hard to capture them and make them look interesting ..even with my wide angle lens just couldn't really get the shot .. other problem was sunlight , so much shadow on a lot of the shots

My local college is running an 8 week course in the evenings so i might enroll and see where I'm going wrong .. I'll upload a few just so you cna see what I mean and mayeb pass some tips (other than don't give up your day job :-) )

I don't see any direct correlation between the memory capacity of a card and effects on camera speed. What 8gb card is it and what exactly is said to slower? I'm guessing that what is being referred to is moving data to

the card but that is not anything to do with the actual size of the card, it will be something else.

Anybody using an EOS 450d who can recommend a memory card? I want to buy 8Gb but some say it slows the camera. Should I go for 4 GB?

not sure why you would want an 8 gig card to be honest

i have 4 gig sandisk Extreme III in mine

holds about 400 photos even in large format

more than big enough i should think

I have that very card and have to say I've never experienced any issues using it but I'm not using a 450D - I'm not using a Canon at all. It would surprise me if it were true, though, as I would

expect the camera and card to perform perfectly well in just about all circumstances except if continuous shooting shots in extreme bursts. All cameras and cards will do that after a point if you

hold the shutter button down for long enough, depending upon the camera's ability to clear its memory buffer and the ability of the card to accept the data.

Have you had a look at DPReview? They normally have something about that kind of thing on their camera reviews.

Anybody using an EOS 450d who can recommend a memory card? I want to buy 8Gb but some say it slows the camera. Should I go for 4 GB?

not sure why you would want an 8 gig card to be honest

i have 4 gig sandisk Extreme III in mine

holds about 400 photos even in large format

more than big enough i should think

There is only one disadvantage to having a larger-capacity card that I can think of and that is that you could potentially lose more photos if the card fails! If you are shooting raw rather than JPEG larger cards are a necessity.

One thing I've learned over the years - sometimes frustratingly - is you can't have too much memory or too many batteries. You can have too little or too few, though!

It's my first real camera. Got it yesterday. DPReview? I have a lot to learn. The 8Gb card is only about a tenner more expensive than the 4Gb card, so if they perform the same I'll go for the bigger one.

I'm a bit late but for what it's worth I use 4gb Sandisk Extreme III (last two are the newer versions) and a few 2 and 1gb Sandisk Ultra II's from before. I wouldn't want to "put all my eggs in one basket" with the 8gb but then maybe as it's my living it is more of a concern for me.

That said, the card should serve you very well. Never had an issue with them.

Im just getting into photograhy and thinking it is best if i purchase a cheap ish second hand jobby to get me started and help me learn the ropes.

Can anyone give me some decent recommendations, probably going to spend up to a couple hundred quid as i will only have the camera a little while.

If anyone has one they are looking to sell then id be interested

cheers

Â