Photography?

trimandson

you have a lens with macro capabilities, not the best at it granted but it should be able to focus fairly close in (the Tamron one in case you didn't know), iirc the D70 does have a macro setting too (not sure I ever used it though). just remember to keep the aperture as open as possible (lower F numbers) without losing focus on the important point of the image, the background will blur itself as it won't be anywhere near in focus

Friend is big into photography and film. Gave me one of her older cameras the other day which was pretty nice of her. Anyway decided to go for a bit of a hike and take a few snaps. No idea what I'm doing really, and no idea what most of the buttons and switches are for, but it's good fun anyway.

Here are a few of me snaps while wandering the local hills...

dscf0380og7.th.jpg

dscf0348rg0.th.jpg

dscf0353bd8.th.jpg

dscf0324im7.th.jpg

Where is that Jim? just out of interest

Yesterday I had one of those.............

brimhamrocks001fg2.jpg

Why the f*** didn't I take my Cameras with me days. Left the house without them because, well I couldn'tbe bothered lugging them around on a day that promised to be fll of rain. Guess what, not rain, lovely weather almost everywhere we went and I end up at Brimham Rocks with no proper camera - Bollocks, we're just going to have to go back (that was taken with my 2MP camera Phone)

Aye been there a few times myself in the past but this was the first time for years, just sort of driving along a road and saw a sign for the rocks,, then it was a no brainer..............Just wish I't had my godam cameras with me :angry:

As it happens we were kind of on the way to Fountains Abbey when we diverted, it was getting late and I knew we'd make better use of time and money at the rocks. I've been to Fountains Abbey before not been to Studley Royal though. Got a nice meal in Ripon later on though, some Foody Pub just off the main square called the Royal Oak

OOOh ,The Royal oak. Spent many a pleasant day there in my student days. Studley Royal is fab. Huge deer park and huge lake. Really lovely scenery with red deer wandering around. Landscaping was designed by Caperbility Brown so there are lots of follys all over the place. Really good for photo opportunities.

I have absolutely no need for a D3, it would mean new lenses even after you'd paid the £3k for the body, Full frame has its advantages but not that much. Quite happy with my D2Xs and D300 ta very much

and I took both those with an Apple iPhone :P

Â