Photography?

trimandson

few from Aouth America , not done any photoshopping on them yet as been busy at work but ,some feedback welcome as always

Taken in the jungle but low light seems to have caused it to over expose in places:

img7899zh5.th.jpg

beleive it or not I found this on a tree near our lodge ..it's pitch black and i took it on normal exposure without a tripod by holding a torch in my teeth and shining alight on it ....the S.A tarantula is black and not as colourful as they ones you usually see , possibly a bad photo ,I'm trying to decide if i should bin it or not

img7914su3.th.jpg

another one taken in the pitch black without a tripod ... quite a rare spot and we came across them by accident whilst out searching for caymens ,but such is luck :-) I quite like this shot , too much close up though ??

img7938le0.th.jpg

On the galapagas islands now , you can walk amongst the wildlife here , so tried a few close up shots

img8377vk4.th.jpg

this sighting was amazing , a sea turtle laying it's eggs on the beach in daylight ..didn't go too close so as not to disturb it but still able to get some good shots of it

I like the effect of the digging , but maybe it needed more treatment like Bicks gave his horse and cart ,and more depth , to give it more feel ??

img8393tg3.th.jpg

will do some more later at the risk of boring non photographers ...but then this is a photgraphy thread :-)

got some non animal ones , monuments , landmarks etc , which are usually a bit easier for a point and click merchant like myself as they don't tend to move :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Taken with a sony k850i. Not bad for a mobile phone eh.....

dsc00044vs0.th.jpg

Where is that? I ask because someone took a great picture in one of this months magazine competitions of a hummer grille, which had those exact windows with the blue pattern on reflecting in the chrome

damiam = am looking to take some portraits of all of the kids in our family in B&W for a Xmas pressie for their nan - any tips.

Bicks - how do I get this camera to shoot B&W? Haven't got PS to swap it after the pic...

Taken with a sony k850i. Not bad for a mobile phone eh.....

dsc00044vs0.th.jpg

Where is that? I ask because someone took a great picture in one of this months magazine competitions of a hummer grille, which had those exact windows with the blue pattern on reflecting in the chrome

It's the Radison SAS hotel in Brum.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to do a family collage type thing for the mother-in-law's 60th, does anyone know any decent framing companies as it will be big and need made to measure mounts.

Damian - tips for the pics would be appreciated too ;-)

Just won an auction on ebay for a new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50. Can't believe it but I managed to get it for a bargain price of £137 inc delivery! 12x opt zoom, 10.1 megapixels, maual focus, hot shoe slot, SLR like adjustability. Can't wait to play around with it!

I need to get a decent, super fast SD or MMC card to go with it (2-4gb). Can anyone suggest one? Also, has anyone used a Raynox macro lens? I'm thinking of getting a 150, but they're quite expensive and I could probably get a 55mm lens off ebay for cheaper. Is the Raynox worth the investment?

Just won an auction on ebay for a new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50. Can't believe it but I managed to get it for a bargain price of £137 inc delivery! 12x opt zoom, 10.1 megapixels, maual focus, hot shoe slot, SLR like adjustability. Can't wait to play around with it!

Is your seller from Hong Kong/China? If so I would be very cautious.

Yeah its a Hong Kong seller, but he's got decent feedback and he's going to refund the tax/customs. I know its a bit risky buying from Asian sellers, but it seems like a reputable shop... http://www.easishop.net

The excess stock just gets sold on eBay, and the auction I found was a special with a silly end time of 9am. Most of the other FZ50s he was selling were going for at least £170+

Â