Photography?

trimandson

Is that in Scouse Ville Bicks?

Nah Nice (I'm still going through my Nice shots, took nearly a thousand shots!)

It looks like a tennament... Actually, I was thinking we could do a photo trade, you could take some in the UK for me, and I could do any photo's you would be keen on from NZ. (New Camera - I bought a Nikon D3 it's brill!

I just bought the D300 to go with my D2Xs, Can't justify buying the D3 really (wish I could), the D300 is superb though. As both have the same processor essentially yours will be just as good as mine at 1600 / 3200 ISO. Never seen such good cameras at such high ISO's

What you actually don't see is Bicks causing that wave by belly flopping from a high board :-)

Anyway question for you stalkers, oops photo boys, is it "right" to amend your pics using software or should they remain "pure" ?

I think it's OK but I hear that some are very anti this

I take so many that tbh I don't get a chance to edit them ...that's a job for my retirement :-)

If I get a photo that I'm likely to put online then i may give them the photshop treatment but digital does encourage you just to take 5 shots and bin 4 and keep the best

love that wave picture bicks, very nice!

which version, if you don't mind me asking?

Which leads me on to.................

Anyway question for you stalkers, oops photo boys, is it "right" to amend your pics using software or should they remain "pure" ?

I think it's OK but I hear that some are very anti this

Well those that are anti it are living in a dream world of perfection to be honest, for the following reasons

Digital Photography at the high end is actually designed for manipulation, cameras are designed in many instances to under expose slightly, many images have to be manipulated to get the true picture you shot in the first place

I also don't see the difference between adding a graduated filter in front of the lens and doing it in an editing programme such as photoshop, neither is a true reflection of the scene in front of the camera.

Neither Cameras nor film can truely represent the full gamut of colours visible to the naked eye in one shot, the sensor // film that can do this either doesnt exist or is so prohibitively expensive it isnt economic t produce one. Film has a wider gamut but its still nowhere near the range of the human eye

Even in the days of film there has always been "manipulation" in the dark room, dodging and burning areas, using the "incorrect: chemicals to produce color shifts

Black & White digital should never be shot in B&W for instance, it should be shot in color and converted post capture, you lose to much info from the image shooting in B&W

Manipulation has always taken place, the purist argument is utter tripe and in this day and age is usually the argument of the old dog that won't learn new tricks

Take the wave photo above as an example, the first one can be considered to be the "pure" photo, even though it was shot in color, converted to mono and had the levels changed. The second image has merely been toned and had a further levels enhancement on the wave to add more drama to the scene. Which is best - you decide, I prefer the second one and the interesting thing is, I've done nothing a traditional film photographer wouldn't have done, its just the equivalent of burning in the wave in the dark room

.........Which is best - you decide, I prefer the second one and the interesting thing is, I've done nothing a traditional film photographer wouldn't have done, its just the equivalent of burning in the wave in the dark room
I agree 100% with you.

Last week in the land of bulls, with the tech nerds, there was a lot of photo taking around Seville and thinking back it was a lot of the German's who took the stance of "traditional" photography as they called it.

I'm with you. We had a load of wedding photo's taken recently and the fact that we can tweak them to make them look better (Note: NO! not remove me from the photo) means that my daughters happy day can be remembered with some superb quality pictures.

OK back to pics - I like the old B&W ones now a lot more

:mrgreen: trouble is it was taken in the land of the cheese eating surrender monkeys in an area so close to the border it has often been controlled by the army with 5 reverse gears ;)

Lies! Its just outside Lime Street Station!

Its actually on the sea front in Menton (1KM away from Italian Border), the only place in Europe where lemons grow all year round apparently and also the place where that Webb-Ellis bloke died

And gives me an opportunity to see what people think of this........

mentonfromhill001ye9.jpg

Menton from the hill

Yep I agree Pete, I did it deliberately, an example of bad editing as it were. I see it all the time and it makes me cringe to be honest. Its unnatural because it was taken in the middle of the day so the shadows on the buildings reflect that but the sky has been edited with a graduated filter to attempt to turn it into a sunset scene and it just doesn't work. Its there to show that not all editing is good. Editing only works if its believable

Didn't want to comment incase it caused offence:

Bloody awful. And no apparent focus within the picture.

If I was going to be offended by peoples comments I wouldn't post pictures, feel free to comment on anything I post, positive or negative. The only way to improve anything is to listen to the negative, you may on reflection, think the negative comments are wrong, that is also part of the critical process

Going to try to get tickets to enter this event on Sunday

Shoot Liverpool

Anybody done this or anything similar, from what I can work out its like a photography treasure Hunt, You get ten clues and have to interpret them with ten photographs

Going to enter it as a family, sounds like a fun way of spending a Sunday

Â