Photography?

trimandson

oh yeah thats why moms (and me) go to iceland

if you have the money to go there for the game DO! but dont forget your camera.

in another topic does anyone know how to retrieve lost photos from my computer for free? the only photos i now have left are the ones i loaded onto my myspace page im so gutted about losing them all!

oooo, the northern lights - an ambition of mine to photograph them, nice (as are the others)

Them'll be Crinoids Wendy (he says remembering his degree), probably in carboniferous limestone :nod:

heres a good tip if you go to see them! bring yourself a tripod because even though they are bright when you see them through your own eyes, the cameras dont pick them up so well so use a long shutter speed and a high ISO! and bobs your uncle!

in another topic does anyone know how to retrieve lost photos from my computer for free? the only photos i now have left are the ones i loaded onto my myspace page im so gutted about losing them all!

In what way are they lost?

well ill try and explain what happened. The one day i turned on my laptop and instead i got a screen full of code which was obviously a problem the computer was trying to sort out, so i left it and after a while i said the computer needed restarting.

So i restarted it and when i loaded it up everything was ok apart from my photo files which were completely blank but appeared that the computer had reset completely because i needed to re-install some programs but all my music and documents were still there! so i looked everywhere recycle bin and all and they were no where so i reset the computer to an earlier date but still no good the pictures were still gone!

but recently i trailed a program from the internet which claimed it would find them and sure enough it did but it said i would have to play £60 to get them which is money i dont have at the mo so i was wondering if there a cheaper or free technique?

So the drive is still working?

I've heard good reports about Pandora recovery

I know I recovered some file for a mate not so long back but I really cant remember which pog I used

There literally loads of "free file recovery programmes" though, just google them, I know I did it with free software and never paid a penny

A program that wants £60 to recover the files seems like a bit of a rip off tbh

First digital camera I purchased I lost every photo when my HD crashed... at the time I was more bothered by the fact I'ld lost the two middle chapters of my dissertation - it was due in the next day!!!

You'ld think I'ld have learnt but I still only back-up very sporadically!!!!

A few from the garden - if any plant experts know of any good flowers to attract bugs feel free to share!!! I'm having a lot of luck with Liatris which bees and hover flys seem to adore. Butterflies are the bane of my life as at most I only get one shot off - really need a macro which doesn't require a nose distance to focus!!!

2696068506_4bd6f6aab1.jpg

2719911313_9817f61c29.jpg

2723309634_0e5d118857.jpg

And this is the culprit who's been chewing our ruddy footy goal - had it in the garden one night and the next day the net was in bits!!!

2687006830_443a90ff7b.jpg

One you should all recognise, a hand held 8 or 9 image stitched together shot (its huge in real life)

ironbridgepanowebmr1.jpg

Quite pleased with the way its come out as it was both very much an afterthought and hand held with no VR

Shall keep my eyes open for Monarda - Thankyou!

Villapipers - No I didn't! Was under guarantee with Dell so sent it back and they just switched the drive! Lost everything.

Re Camera am using an Olympus E500 with Zuiko 35 mm macro lens. Not hugely keen on it tbh - felt I got better results with my Canon S2 and £15 Raynox DCR-250!

After advice! I want to get closer - what's the cheapest way to do it?

This was taken with a Zuiko 35 mm Macro Lens and I bunged my Raynox DCR-250 on top

( for want of a better option!!! ) Still not close enough and ludicrously shallow DOF!!!

Would an extension tube do the trick? And if so does it need to be the official one

( £150 ) or will a copy do ( £8 ) it's just a tube right?

2738842555_7e2502be59.jpg

When you say Zuiko 35mm macro lens Do you mean this one?

35mm is awfully wide for a Macro lens even on the 4/3rds system

I have no experience of using extension tubes sorry Cat but as a general rule you get better results with the camera manufacturers tubes than third party ones but the gap is not always that noticeable

Have you tried asking on some of the 4/3rds user groups on the net? They'd more than likely give you a much better answer than any of us

Yep that's the one. I would certainly expect the manufacturer's tube to be better made I'm just not convinced that it's £130 better made!

I know you lose the auto focus with the copies but I don't use auto focus on macro work anyway. In fact the Raynox was very good practice

as I've become quite accustomed to just setting my focus and then rocking the camera backwards and forwards to nail it. Only concern is

obviously if they are so poorly made they damage the threads! Have seen a tube made out of a pringles tub so assume advanced technology

isn't needed! Will certainly try a 4/3 group - thank you!

Â