Brad Guzan

R.Bear

It's extraordinary how after losing his spot last season, he has come into this one with even less competition for his place. After the striker fiasco, that was the second major balls up in the window.

• Like 3

Remember people saying we have more pressing issues instead of a keeper, hope fans are now seeing the truth, he's a shocking keeper. For a keeper who struggles to even control a football at this level is bad.

I think at the time we did have more pressing issues.

At the time Guzan wasn't making many mistakes, and we were seriously lacking in other areas of the pitch.

Since then we've actually had a half decent transfer window, plugged some of those gaps. At the same time, mistakes have crept into Guzan's game.

He's cost us twice already this season. If he keeps up that rate of mistakes then there will be no arguments that he needs to be replaced.

It's extraordinary how after losing his spot last season, he has come into this one with even less competition for his place. After the striker fiasco, that was the second major balls up in the window.

He does have more competition.

Bunn is better than the present day Shay Given.

Remember people saying we have more pressing issues instead of a keeper, hope fans are now seeing the truth, he's a shocking keeper. For a keeper who struggles to even control a football at this level is bad.

I think at the time we did have more pressing issues.

At the time Guzan wasn't making many mistakes, and we were seriously lacking in other areas of the pitch.

Since then we've actually had a half decent transfer window, plugged some of those gaps. At the same time, mistakes have crept into Guzan's game.

He's cost us twice already this season. If he keeps up that rate of mistakes then there will be no arguments that he needs to be replaced.

'If he keeps up this rate of mistakes' we'll be down by Christmas. 

Incredible that he has less competition than last season. Clearly the worst keeper in the league at this point. 

Okay who can we possibly replace him with? What keeper is willing to come to a club that is more than likely getting relegated? 

Hypotheticals cannot divert from the main issue that we should be aiming for a better keeper to be number one. 

My question is valid. If people are going to say we need a better #1, who is a viable replacement? Why just say we need something better, but not have any idea on what is actually a better option? 

I agree

but have you seen Bunn and Steed play ..i'm sorta thinking I'd stick with Guzan given the alternatives

Unfortunately you're right. And it's Sherwood's fault we have no depth - Sherwood clearly didn't trust Guzan at the end of last season, and yet lets Given go and retains Guzan. What kind of a decision is that?

Has to be dropped now, that was Enckleman-esque in mindlessness. 

I like Brad a lot, and he's had a great run in general for us, but it really seems like it's time for him to be benched at the very least. 

Okay who can we possibly replace him with? What keeper is willing to come to a club that is more than likely getting relegated? 

Hypotheticals cannot divert from the main issue that we should be aiming for a better keeper to be number one. 

My question is valid. If people are going to say we need a better #1, who is a viable replacement? Why just say we need something better, but not have any idea on what is actually a better option? 

It's not really that valid. People have been observing we need a better keeper for months now. We don't have to have a Rolodex of every keeper playing in Europe to make that point. The point was being made during the transfer window as well, when we actually had the opportunity to buy a replacement. 

• Like 1

It's not really that valid. People have been observing we need a better keeper for months now. We don't have to have a Rolodex of every keeper playing in Europe to make that point. The point was being made during the transfer window as well, when we actually had the opportunity to buy a replacement. 

This.

It's the same as the 'who else will take the job/who could definitely do any better' mantra that was used as a last resort argument in favour of retaining Lambert. Ultimately we can only pass comment on the performances of the player in question and whether we feel they are to an acceptable standard. We are not in control of - nor do we have foresight into - what the club will or will not do when it comes to addressing this. However in this case, there are hundreds of keepers out there. With a bit of well conducted scouting, I see no reason to presume that the club are not in a position to find at least one who will be an improvement on Guzan.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Â