Google+ Thread

darrenm

It's probably about the right time to start a thread on this.

https://plus.google.com/

PM me with your GMail address if you need an invite.

Feel free to add me to your circles darren mansell gmail com

Anyone used it? Facebook / Twitter killer? Who should fear it the most out of those two? Fad? Problems?

I'm personally trying to leave Twitter and Facebook completely and just use Google+ for anything sharing or social networking to see if there's anything I want to do which it won't let me. So far, nothing. In fact due to the better integration with other Google services the experience is richer. Only issue so far is lack of users. But they seem to have lifted the invites up a bit now so we should see more people come on board.

The killer part is obviously the Circles feature, where you share different things with different groups of people. Like you wouldn't post a dodgy joke on Twitter in case your boss followed you, but now just share dodgy jokes with your inner circle of friends, more mainstream official stuff with your circles, or post anything you want publicly.

Circles are awesome:

Step 1) Randomly divide everyone you know into two separate circles.

Step 2) Post to circle 1 that you just got an awesome new job.

Step 3) Post to circle 2 that you just contracted some disease.

Step 4) Post to your extended circles that "Tomorrow is my last day".

Step 5) Watch resulting comment battle between the two groups.

I dont really know what to make of it yet. I dont really use facebook, but when I do the good thing about it is that almost everybody I know is on there. I love Twitter though, so I think I'll end up using Google + like I use Twitter and follow lots of people while contributing next to nothing myself.

Â