Google+ Thread

darrenm

Been on it a couple of days now and, aside from Twitter, it's the first time I've bothered with social networking. Not sure what to make of it really.

And unless I've missed something obvious, I find it irritating that there isn't any kind of phone app or chrome extension that streams content to me (via a phone notification for example) without having to manually open up said app/extension (such as the Google+ phone app which I suspect is bugged?).

Oh and feel free to add me

simonkspark gmail com

Anyone finding this useful yet?

So far not one person i know is using it. It all seems a little pointless. Dont really know how they think they can compete with Facebook.

It's 5 years too late really.

Rome wasnt built in a day. It is interesting as a complementary service to Twitter rather than a replacement for Facebook at the moment.

From my very limited experience with it so far, it appears to be very similar to Facebook, but with a few added extras.

Not sure that'll be enough to tear people away from Facebook, especially as anything that's likely to be a huge hit on G+ (like "hangouts" for example) will probably just be copied on Facebook.

Rome wasnt built in a day. It is interesting as a complementary service to Twitter rather than a replacement for Facebook at the moment.

Oh can you link it to Twitter?

I don't really use twitter so.... it's something i've not looked for.

At the minute it's just too similar to Facebook, they need to find a hook to separate then from Facebook. The circles thing is quite good but i expect to see that on Facebook very soon.

I haven't used it enough to be familiar enough to like it more than FB. But I can definitely see the advantages it has regarding compartmentalising different groups of people plus the twitter-esque ability to 'follow' public posts from people who haven't added you. But as Levi says, with no-one on it, I don't currently have a reason to keep going back to it. I just wanted in at the ground level is all :) (for once).

I'm liking it more than Facebook, except for the whole nobody's on it yet thing.

That's exactly why I'm liking it more than Facebook. The longer the huge population of idiots keep off it the better.

• 1 month later...

Yep! Well actually not photos, just sometimes any post. It says there was an issue communicating with the cloud when trying to post, then press post again and it's done it twice.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really too surprised to be honest. It doesnt really offer anything more than Facebook from what i could gather.

Anyone who likes it cos there's no one on it, should just delete all their friends on facebook and it will be the same! :)

Basically how I saw it.

Anything that made it good was very easily copied. Facebook have already started doing it.

I can't see it lasting.

I have a google + account but only as I was invited and wanted to have a look .. had a look and the result was I just couldn't be arsed to get started with it

but tbh Facebook is tailing off as well from what i can see ..it was a great tool , for getting back in touch with people but it's kinda much nicer to go out and meet them in the flesh or chat on the phone once you've made that contact ...

I still use it for friends / family overseas and when I'm bored etc at work but it seems to have lost it's novelty factor these days ..

Â