Stephen Warnock

KSV

Savo Milosevic Spitting at his own fans away to Blackburn.

Jllyod Samuel Just a poor player.

Scott Carson Just an average keeper when we needed better.

Savo spat at the fans? I didn't know that. I wouldn't count that as being booed for a bad performance though.

Can't recall Jlloyd being booed every time he touched the ball, might be wrong.

Don't think Carson was either. In fact IIRC, we were really good to him. I remember we sang 'Carson for England' quite often. After his England blunder when he was getting 'There's only one Frank Carson' from the opposing fans, we still sang his name.

I'm not saying you're wrong by the way, but I've been going up VP for 16 years, season ticket holder for the last 5 and it was the first time I'd experienced an indvidual being booed for his performance on the pitch and it was terrible, I hated it.

Yep Savo had a nightmare away at Blackburn and spat towards Villa fans, it was all over for him after that.

Lol JLS, Not booed all the time but not exactly supported as he was/is a poor player, there were plenty of insult his way though, some by me!

Carson was disliked big time, so much so that his confidence was shot to pieces.

It never pleasant but I guess you pay your money but it doesn't help anyone other than the opposition. I understand that this is the only way for the paying supporters to make their views known but I wish it wasn't so.

I understand that this is the only way for the paying supporters to make their views known but I wish it wasn't so.

Perhaps moulding our jeers into deprecating albeit light-hearted chants, so that the player in question is aware of our collective disappointment but doesn't feel so victimised?

"Waaaarnock it's the other waaaay

War-nock, it's the oth-er way.

Warnock, it's the

Warnock, it's the

Waaaaarnock it's the other waaaay" and so on and so forth.

He can often give the impression he's doing well, particularly with some of his last minute lunges

In reality, he isn't, he's forever passing to the opposition and getting sucked infield

You can't give him any credit at all can you? Out of interest did yoyu go to The Emirates or watch it on tv?

Plenty of players get booed, remember that knob Hodge?

Warnock, Hutton, Collins and Heskey are simply not good enough to wear a Villa shirt as we all know they will let the team down continually, if only McLeish could see that, sigh

Hodge was booed for things he did off the pitch, not for making a mistake on it. 'Plenty of players' do not get booed for making errors on the pitch, if I am wrong list them for me.

So you weren't there against Oxford then?

He was a prize prick both on and off as for making a list I guess it would depend on your view as to what counts as booing, the whole ground? the Holte end blah blah blah.

Unfortunately there have been many players booed, insulted etc as it's been going on for the 40 odd years that I have been supporting Villa and probably many years before that.

So I'll throw a few in (to keep you happy) that I have heard abused, I have heard many more but these names spring to mind and I'll even give you the reasons imo for why the abuse was given.

Ken McNaught The season before we won the league he was given loads, he just took awhile to fit in.

Nigel Spink Due to his inconsistency.

Nigel Callaghan Due to him being absolutely useless.

Alan Wright Not sure why as he always tried, height?.

Jimmy Cumbes anyone who throw the ball in his own net deserves it!

I was at Oxford.

I didn't say anything about being abused. I'm talking about players being booed for making a mistake on the pitch.None of the above qualify for that. Jimmy Cumbes never got booed at Villa Park nor Ken McNaught even at his disastrous performance in the 4-1 home defeat from Everton. Interesting that you only list players from the 1980's onwards. You'd have thought the team that got relegated to the third tier would have got booed, but they didn't, different type of supporter then though.

Villa Rocker... (and others) a question or two, please.

How much do you earn? If it's a large enough amount, then you would clearly be OK with me hurling any abuse at you I would like.

I would also like to ask what you do to earn that money. Would you think it would help you do that better if I showed up screaming obscenities about how stupid, ignorant and useless you are? I could get a dozen or so others to scream abuse as well, if you think it would help you do better.

How many of you honestly think you would do your job better if you got abusive venom from others at any error you made? I've said it before, I'm glad my employer does not have your attitude.

Firstly, to you and others who seem to have misunderstood me, I did not say it was RIGHT to boo Warnock, or any other player for that matter. I personally have never booed a Villa player, manager or performance. I have stated on this site many times in the past that I - ME PERSONALLY - think it is counter-productive to boo. However, we are all entitled to our personal opinions and if OTHERS choose to boo then so be it. Oh, and I have never said he was stupid or ignorant - just useless as a footballer at our club!

I criticised Warnock like crazy on Wednesday night but to be honest, not because he scored the own goal but because I thought he was in front of Dunne and was the one who seemed to duck under the ball. However, I, at the time, did say that I would need to see a replay of the goal before making final judgement. Who knows whether it was Dunne's fault or Warnock’s? It could be that Dunne didn't do enough to try to clear. It could be that Dunne got a call to leave it. Even if he did, maybe Warnock could have been better positioned to clear rather than head goalwards.

My problem with Warnock is that he has performed poorly for quite some time now. I saw the comments on this site last year about what he was supposed to have said after the defeat at Man City and others I have spoken to since have added weight to that. I have stated this season on here that I will be glad when I no longer have to endure watching players play for us who don't really wish to be here and Warnock certainly falls into that bracket.

Warnock's performances have been largely terrible this season and it makes me often feel like he really cannot be that bothered to earn his supposed wages of £40,000 per week, which we contribute to!

For the record; Warnock's supposed wages are more than double my annual salary but I don't go crying if I get a bollocking for making a mistake. Yes, I, like all other people make mistakes. My boss has read the riot act to me in the past but it hasn't stopped me from performing because I knew it was MY mistake.

Finally, if I was on £40,000 per week, you can call me what you want. Even if I am playing like Pele! These guys are not heroes. They are guys who get paid extremely well to do something they love whilst trying to entertain people on a hell of a lot less than them, whom contribute to their substantial wages! Heroes are people who save lives like surgeons, paramedics, nurses, firemen etc and they get paid far less than footballers so I would feel pretty damn privileged to live the life of a modern day Premier League footballer so yeah, there is not much pity for them from me when they do get criticised for making mistakes!

Plenty of players get booed, remember that knob Hodge?

Warnock, Hutton, Collins and Heskey are simply not good enough to wear a Villa shirt as we all know they will let the team down continually, if only McLeish could see that, sigh

Hodge was booed for things he did off the pitch, not for making a mistake on it. 'Plenty of players' do not get booed for making errors on the pitch, if I am wrong list them for me.

So you weren't there against Oxford then?

He was a prize prick both on and off as for making a list I guess it would depend on your view as to what counts as booing, the whole ground? the Holte end blah blah blah.

Unfortunately there have been many players booed, insulted etc as it's been going on for the 40 odd years that I have been supporting Villa and probably many years before that.

So I'll throw a few in (to keep you happy) that I have heard abused, I have heard many more but these names spring to mind and I'll even give you the reasons imo for why the abuse was given.

Ken McNaught The season before we won the league he was given loads, he just took awhile to fit in.

Nigel Spink Due to his inconsistency.

Nigel Callaghan Due to him being absolutely useless.

Alan Wright Not sure why as he always tried, height?.

Jimmy Cumbes anyone who throw the ball in his own net deserves it!

I was at Oxford.

I didn't say anything about being abused. I'm talking about players being booed for making a mistake on the pitch.None of the above qualify for that. Jimmy Cumbes never got booed at Villa Park nor Ken McNaught even at his disastrous performance in the 4-1 home defeat from Everton. Interesting that you only list players from the 1980's onwards. You'd have thought the team that got relegated to the third tier would have got booed, but they didn't, different type of supporter then though.

Like I said Carrie it depends on your view of what amounts to being abused, all of those player were abused at VP I know because I was there and heard the insults, however I'm no longer based in the UK so I wasn't there to hear how bad it was against Warnock as the TV only gives a muted sound and is nothing like being there.

LOL You mention Jimmy Cumbes but then say I only choose players from the 80's onwards, still the main reason I didn't mention many from before that time is that the 1st time I went to VP was in the early 70's as a youngster and it was all such a great time for me that I would have blocked out any crap that people were saying anyway.

I wasn't there in the 60's when we went down to Div3 but as we had such a great support base in those days so my guess is that it wouldn't be anything like it is today with criticizing everything or maybe that the fans felt more connected to players who's earnings were not so different to theirs as they are today.

Anyway back to the topic, Warnock he is a limited player at best (imo) and at his worst a liability which is what he his right now. It will not help the team booing him (which will happen with every mistake he makes) so he needs to be replaced by either Baker, Stevens or Clarke before it get worse.

I thought Baker did okay as LB last season and for me Clarke never lets use down but I haven't yet seen anything from Stevens I'm hoping he is looking good enough for Mcliesh to give him a go.

Villa Rocker... (and others) a question or two, please.

How much do you earn? If it's a large enough amount, then you would clearly be OK with me hurling any abuse at you I would like.

I would also like to ask what you do to earn that money. Would you think it would help you do that better if I showed up screaming obscenities about how stupid, ignorant and useless you are? I could get a dozen or so others to scream abuse as well, if you think it would help you do better.

How many of you honestly think you would do your job better if you got abusive venom from others at any error you made? I've said it before, I'm glad my employer does not have your attitude.

Firstly, to you and others who seem to have misunderstood me, I did not say it was RIGHT to boo Warnock, or any other player for that matter. I personally have never booed a Villa player, manager or performance. I have stated on this site many times in the past that I - ME PERSONALLY - think it is counter-productive to boo. However, we are all entitled to our personal opinions and if OTHERS choose to boo then so be it. Oh, and I have never said he was stupid or ignorant - just useless as a footballer at our club!

I criticised Warnock like crazy on Wednesday night but to be honest, not because he scored the own goal but because I thought he was in front of Dunne and was the one who seemed to duck under the ball. However, I, at the time, did say that I would need to see a replay of the goal before making final judgement. Who knows whether it was Dunne's fault or Warnock’s? It could be that Dunne didn't do enough to try to clear. It could be that Dunne got a call to leave it. Even if he did, maybe Warnock could have been better positioned to clear rather than head goalwards.

My problem with Warnock is that he has performed poorly for quite some time now. I saw the comments on this site last year about what he was supposed to have said after the defeat at Man City and others I have spoken to since have added weight to that. I have stated this season on here that I will be glad when I no longer have to endure watching players play for us who don't really wish to be here and Warnock certainly falls into that bracket.

Warnock's performances have been largely terrible this season and it makes me often feel like he really cannot be that bothered to earn his supposed wages of £40,000 per week, which we contribute to!

For the record; Warnock's supposed wages are more than double my annual salary but I don't go crying if I get a bollocking for making a mistake. Yes, I, like all other people make mistakes. My boss has read the riot act to me in the past but it hasn't stopped me from performing because I knew it was MY mistake.

Finally, if I was on £40,000 per week, you can call me what you want. Even if I am playing like Pele! These guys are not heroes. They are guys who get paid extremely well to do something they love whilst trying to entertain people on a hell of a lot less than them, whom contribute to their substantial wages! Heroes are people who save lives like surgeons, paramedics, nurses, firemen etc and they get paid far less than footballers so I would feel pretty damn privileged to live the life of a modern day Premier League footballer so yeah, there is not much pity for them from me when they do get criticised for making mistakes!

Criticized for making mistakes is one thing. I can agree that's part of the particular job these players / managers / referees / have chosen. But I think that abuse is a completely different thing. I don't know exactly what you mean by a bollocking you have gotten from your employer, but I hope it wasn't as venomous or vitriolic as what was posted here, much less from the stands as reported by others. In addition, I continue to feel strongly that chronic abuse from fans can only harm the performance on the pitch. So while fans may have the right to say or yell whatever they want, I think that we are just extremely unwise if we actually do so.

well enda stevens has just wrote on his facebook: "Newcastle United Vs Astion Villa Tomorrow!!" wether that means he's playing? we shall see! :)
Would be ecstatic if he did. Would love to see him push Warnock out of the team.

well enda stevens has just wrote on his facebook: "Newcastle United Vs Astion Villa Tomorrow!!" wether that means he's playing? we shall see! :)
Would be ecstatic if he did. Would love to see him push Warnock out of the team.

Even though Stevens is unproven, only been at the club a few weeks and has only played against players in the League of Ireland? Add to that the sheer pressure of the occasion, making your debut away from home and he no doubt will have been witness to the boos from villa fans at the games he's been at.

I'm not saying I'm a Warnock fan by any stretch, but I think people are thinking that anyone playing at LB instead of Warnock would be an improvement, and that's not necessarily true.

I'd be ecstatic if the lad turned out to be a great player of course, but isn't it a bit soon?

Even though Stevens is unproven, only been at the club a few weeks and has only played against players in the League of Ireland? Add to that the sheer pressure of the occasion, making your debut away from home and he no doubt will have been witness to the boos from villa fans at the games he's been at.

I'm not saying I'm a Warnock fan by any stretch, but I think people are thinking that anyone playing at LB instead of Warnock would be an improvement, and that's not necessarily true.

I'd be ecstatic if the lad turned out to be a great player of course, but isn't it a bit soon?

Just because he came from a poor league doesn't mean he can't make an impact. Look at McClean at Sunderland.

Warnock's been absolutely shit recently and is now costing us points. Stevens is our only other proper left-back so why not give him a go? Nobody's going to boo him no matter how poor he does anyway. Why would we?

No chance that Stevens will make his debut yet. He simply isn't ready which is not surprising given what a huge step up it is. I doubt very much we will see Stevens until sometime next season.

If Warnock is to be dropped, which would be deserved, Clark, Lichaj or Baker would be ahead of Stevens at this point.

I have a feeling that Warnock will play though. He has been poor recently no doubt about it and made a right **** up on Wednesday. However in the second half he did very well and I think McLeish will stick with him for now especially as we are away from home and he won't have a few muppets booing his every touch which is clearly not going to help.

Fair enough, but it's all rumour still, there's no proof he said anything like that so it's just speculation. If he didn't really want to be here, wouldn't he have refused to play or have handed in a transfer request in January? I just think we should forget about that as it can't be proven either way, but that's just my opinion.

For the record; Warnock's supposed wages are more than double my annual salary but I don't go crying if I get a bollocking for making a mistake. Yes, I, like all other people make mistakes. My boss has read the riot act to me in the past but it hasn't stopped me from performing because I knew it was MY mistake

Ok, firstly, Warnock wasn't criticised by his boss, well perhaps he was, but we're talking about having abuse hurled at you from thousands of people who are supposed to be your supporters after you just made an accidental mistake. Secondly, as far as I know, he didn't "go crying" to anyone, in fact he kept playing and tried to put in a performance and from what I remember he actually played some good football in some of our attacks to get us back on level terms. I think that shows some bravery if I'm honest. He could have gone in at halftime and asked Mcleish to sub him. Maybe he did, but either way he still came out in the second half and contributed.

I don't think anyone here has called Warnock or any footballer a hero. Also, it's very easy to say that if you were on that sort of money that you would be fine with people abusing you verbally, but I don't think anyone would be able to let that sort of thing wash over them without being affected.

Again you finish off your post using the word criticised. He wasn't being criticised, he was being straight out abused and booed. They are not the same thing.

Just because he came from a poor league doesn't mean he can't make an impact. Look at McClean at Sunderland.

Warnock's been absolutely shit recently and is now costing us points. Stevens is our only other proper left-back so why not give him a go? Nobody's going to boo him no matter how poor he does anyway. Why would we?

Ok, fair points, but Warnock has actually played well in some parts, the game against Arsenal recently being one such occasion.

Have you ever seen Stevens play? That's a legitimate question by the way. I personally haven't and I don't think many villa fans have so for most of us it'd be the equivalent of choosing between Warnock, an experienced Premier League defender who has made the England national team, or Stevens, an unknown quantity but one that we know has no experience playing against the quality of opposition we're going to be playing. And make no mistake, Newcastle are a very good team and they play some great football.

It just seems to me that some people would rather play anyone than Warnock right now and it doesn't matter who it was or their level of experience.

It would seem to be an incredibly risky move by Mcleish if he did give him his debut. The man is already under fire and he will be quite aware that most of the villa faithful are not behind him. I know that you're not a Mcleish fan Mantis, so a serious question for you now.

You're for playing Stevens over Warnock, but if Mcleish chose to do this and it completely backfired, would you stick up for him considering you would do the same? I think most people who are anti-Mcleish would use it as a stick to beat him with if I'm honest.

You're for playing Stevens over Warnock, but if Mcleish chose to do this and it completely backfired, would you stick up for him considering you would do the same? I think most people who are anti-Mcleish would use it as a stick to beat him with if I'm honest.
Yes, I would defend him. Warnock has been playing dreadfully and any half decent manager would drop him.

Yes, I would defend him. Warnock has been playing dreadfully and any half decent manager would drop him.

Mantis, just wondering, can you give an example when you stuck up for McLeish on any decision he made that didn't go well? I am honestly wondering.

Ginko, see your point but Stevens has played in the Europa League, including against this season's very strong Sours side, without embarrassing himself.

Just saying, not saying he's definitely going to be a star for us of course.

Â