Stephen Warnock

KSV

I feel really sorry for him too. I mean, playing a sport you love in a city you don't want to be in, for a club you aren't bothered about, for the last 3 years, earning around £6.2m in wages, whilst playing poorly and still being picked. Yeah, must be a right bummer that!

I forgot to mention the pressure bit. It must be terrible pressure on the poor fella, worrying that another poor attempted clearance, lack of positioning or God forbid, attempted diving header past Given, might mean him being booed and dropped to the bench to pick up his £40,000 a week wages. Imagine if he worked in the real world and had to worry that he might perform brilliantly and still lose his job due to the recession? How would he ever cope?

Fascinating story.

Didn't realise the wage you earned determined how much abuse you can rightly be given.

Villa Rocker... (and others) a question or two, please.

How much do you earn? If it's a large enough amount, then you would clearly be OK with me hurling any abuse at you I would like.

I would also like to ask what you do to earn that money. Would you think it would help you do that better if I showed up screaming obscenities about how stupid, ignorant and useless you are? I could get a dozen or so others to scream abuse as well, if you think it would help you do better.

How many of you honestly think you would do your job better if you got abusive venom from others at any error you made? I've said it before, I'm glad my employer does not have your attitude.

It's clear enough that Warnock's confidence is shot through and booing him is a pretty dumb way of reacting to that.

Owned!.. Although actually it seemed to spur him on a bit last night. He does TRY too hard IMO. Have watched Alex McLeish more than once hand signalling

to him to calm down.

Please don't boo guys... since when did negative thinking EVER acheive anything but negative things?!!!

I, for one, don't earn very much, but I do okay. Probably enough to warrant somebody calling me 'a silly sausage'.

My Grandad however, he had a pretty succesful career. He's retired now, but when he was working I would phone him daily and call him a word removed. He couldn't say anything.

I admit, I booed. I shouted "take him off" loudly. I was f**king livid. Warnock's only saving grace is that he's actually better than Hutton - a defender who only gets in our team because he's from the same inconsequential second class nation as our manager.

While you were busy booing you clearly missed the fact that Hutton had a very good game. :D

Plenty of players get booed, remember that knob Hodge?

Warnock, Hutton, Collins and Heskey are simply not good enough to wear a Villa shirt as we all know they will let the team down continually, if only McLeish could see that, sigh

Hodge was booed for things he did off the pitch, not for making a mistake on it. 'Plenty of players' do not get booed for making errors on the pitch, if I am wrong list them for me.

So you weren't there against Oxford then?

He was a prize prick both on and off as for making a list I guess it would depend on your view as to what counts as booing, the whole ground? the Holte end blah blah blah.

Unfortunately there have been many players booed, insulted etc as it's been going on for the 40 odd years that I have been supporting Villa and probably many years before that.

So I'll throw a few in (to keep you happy) that I have heard abused, I have heard many more but these names spring to mind and I'll even give you the reasons imo for why the abuse was given.

Ken McNaught The season before we won the league he was given loads, he just took awhile to fit in.

Nigel Spink Due to his inconsistency.

Nigel Callaghan Due to him being absolutely useless.

Alan Wright Not sure why as he always tried, height?.

Jimmy Cumbes anyone who throw the ball in his own net deserves it!

Savo Milosevic Spitting at his own fans away to Blackburn.

Jllyod Samuel Just a poor player.

Scott Carson Just an average keeper when we needed better.

Unfortunately getting booed is part of the modern day enterainment that is football. Players can get booed by their own fans, by away fans and by fans that spent previous years singing and praising them just because they moved teams. Top level players can't be so stupid as to not know this. What they earn has no relevance to the boo's it's the industry that they work in. To give a comparisson Comedians get heckled at shows if someone thinks that they aren't funny or providing sufficent enertainment levels? Should this be debated?

At the end of the day a lot of players were subject to dogs abuse all their career but it gave many of them the strength and determination to succeed. My advice to Warnock would be relax, concentrate and play like you have the potential to, the boo's will stop as they find someone to pick on!

Unfortunately getting booed is part of the modern day enterainment that is football. Players can get booed by their own fans, by away fans and by fans that spent previous years singing and praising them just because they moved teams. Top level players can't be so stupid as to not know this. What they earn has no relevance to the boo's it's the industry that they work in. To give a comparisson Comedians get heckled at shows if someone thinks that they aren't funny or providing sufficent enertainment levels? Should this be debated?

At the end of the day a lot of players were subject to dogs abuse all their career but it gave many of them the strength and determination to succeed. My advice to Warnock would be relax, concentrate and play like you have the potential to, the boo's will stop as they find someone to pick on!

Agree with the post, unfortunately the boo boys are too focused on his errors to recognise when he plays well and give credit when it's due, and for that reason the boos won't stop.

Savo spat at the fans? I didn't know that. I wouldn't count that as being booed for a bad performance though.

Can't recall Jlloyd being booed every time he touched the ball, might be wrong.

Don't think Carson was either. In fact IIRC, we were really good to him. I remember we sang 'Carson for England' quite often. After his England blunder when he was getting 'There's only one Frank Carson' from the opposing fans, we still sang his name.

I'm not saying you're wrong by the way, but I've been going up VP for 16 years, season ticket holder for the last 5 and it was the first time I'd experienced an indvidual being booed for his performance on the pitch and it was terrible, I hated it.

i don't know if anyones noticed but its no coniencidence that his better performances are coming away from home. chelsea away he was decent, stoke away he was decent, wolves 2nd half when he came he was good, even arsenal last week when we lost he was decent. Hes under pressure at home because he knows the fans are waiting to get on his back for anything he does wrong and this is telling in his performances. I'd also say its no coniencidence that we haven't won at home at home since november and results away have picked up. Its because at home the players know that some fans are gonna jump on any mistake they make.

Support your team and support any player wearing the claret and blue whether you rate them or not.

He can often give the impression he's doing well, particularly with some of his last minute lunges

In reality, he isn't, he's forever passing to the opposition and getting sucked infield

Plenty of players get booed, remember that knob Hodge?

Warnock, Hutton, Collins and Heskey are simply not good enough to wear a Villa shirt as we all know they will let the team down continually, if only McLeish could see that, sigh

Hodge was booed for things he did off the pitch, not for making a mistake on it. 'Plenty of players' do not get booed for making errors on the pitch, if I am wrong list them for me.

So you weren't there against Oxford then?

He was a prize prick both on and off as for making a list I guess it would depend on your view as to what counts as booing, the whole ground? the Holte end blah blah blah.

Unfortunately there have been many players booed, insulted etc as it's been going on for the 40 odd years that I have been supporting Villa and probably many years before that.

So I'll throw a few in (to keep you happy) that I have heard abused, I have heard many more but these names spring to mind and I'll even give you the reasons imo for why the abuse was given.

Ken McNaught The season before we won the league he was given loads, he just took awhile to fit in.

Nigel Spink Due to his inconsistency.

Nigel Callaghan Due to him being absolutely useless.

Alan Wright Not sure why as he always tried, height?.

Jimmy Cumbes anyone who throw the ball in his own net deserves it!

wasnt Petrov booed once or twice in his first 18 months here

Â