Stephen Warnock

KSV

He can do 23908148021840184209 things wrong, but 1 thing he does right and everyone forgives. :|

It is the opposite, actually. Nobody forgets a mistake. That is annoying, and that is what can make footballers lose confidence.

He can do 23908148021840184209 things wrong, but 1 thing he does right and everyone forgives. :|

He's cost us a lot of games.....thats crap by anyones standards.

Today he came on and did his job.....effectively.

If its good, you say so........thats not forgiveness.

Fair play to him today. Rightly dropped after being dire but came on in second half and made two cracking early tackles which seemed to get the rest of the lads going.

He arguably changed the game today as Kightly was a huge threat fist half and didn't get a sniff in the second half.

Needed a kick up the arse but responded to it in the right way

This. Clark was run ragged by Kightly first half but never had a kick second half. Warnock's tackling, distribution and forward runs were a major plus second half.

It does seem that way indeed.. when he performs bad I've noticed the same posters avoid this topic too.

Really? On what site is that? Because I remember those you mention actually were furious after the Swansea match, saying it was a terrible performance.

I also saw those people actually applauding McLeish today in the match thread for axing him from the starting line up.

And then we actually applauded when he came into the match and made a difference.

It is called calling out what we see, not having any agendas.

I watched the game again on demand, Warnock was really lucky not to be sent off about 5 mins into the second half for a lunge. Would love to have seen this thread if he'd been sent off.

Yes that was a totally reckless challenge that scared the pitch with a 5 yard long plough line. He seemed to calm down after though and improve his performance.

Still reminds us every game what a total **** he can be?

Get rid while we can
Agree.

We obviously won't get rid this transfer window but we absolutely must get rid of him this summer like we should've done last summer. He's just not good enough. Unfortunately as long as McLeish is still around I think he'll be around.

Fair play to him today. Rightly dropped after being dire but came on in second half and made two cracking early tackles which seemed to get the rest of the lads going.

He arguably changed the game today as Kightly was a huge threat fist half and didn't get a sniff in the second half.

Needed a kick up the arse but responded to it in the right way

This. Clark was run ragged by Kightly first half but never had a kick second half. Warnock's tackling, distribution and forward runs were a major plus second half.

Clark got run ragged by a fit and raring to go Kightly who is obviously chomping at the bit to play after being out injured for so long. Add to that it was Clark's first game at left back for quite some time, as well as having an unfit Gabby playing ahead of him and it all added up against the lad.

However, Warnock came on into a position he is used to playing (or should I say occupying?) and had a more defensive aware Albrighton playing in front of him. Also, Kightly had already run his nuts off for 45 minutes and wasn't as fresh as he would have been at the start of the game. Add to that Warnock could have gone for a lunge after being on the pitch for only 5 minutes and I would say that everything fell nicely into place for him!

Give Warnock a start in the next game at Arsenal and let's see how he performs then against Walcott. The guy is a car crash in a Villa shirt and has been for quite some time. I have no agenda against him. I just do not think he is good enough to play for the club I love.

Last season I thought Houllier was a bit harsh on him but I this season we've seen its clear why he was no longer part of his plans. I do wonder how Houllier would have done with this squad. Probably not much better but I bet we could string more than 3 pass's together. Sorry, I digress.

Â