The Anime & Manga Thread

GarethRDR

Tekkonkinkreet

Bit the bullet and ordered

from Japan last week.

Watched the new Appleseed a couple of days ago.

Looks amazing, Briareos and Two Horns look great and the BIG bad guy emerging into the daylight is really, really good.

Shame the story is a bit... pants.

Ah, sorry, totally missed the bit about having no internet. That certainly will restrict your anime consumption.

Ghost in the Shell is a good shout, though I'd recommend the two TV series they did than the movie. That's Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig and 2nd Gig, by the way. I'm pretty sure you can get them on DVD and Blu-ray. You can get Death Note on DVD and Blu-ray too, just make sure you're buying the anime TV show and not the live action movies they did, they don't compare in my opinion.

Definitely have to get Cowboy Bebop on DVD though, that should be a must. Very easy to get into and absolutely brilliant. Great soundtrack too.

Edited by Ginko

• 5 weeks later...

Gurren Lagann is on Netflix (UK that is, not US. Heh). For what is basically a mecha anime it's really good. The fan service is off the charts, but it rattles along at a cracking pace. Worth a go.

• Like 1

Gurren Lagann is on Netflix (UK that is, not US. Heh). For what is basically a mecha anime it's really good. The fan service is off the charts, but it rattles along at a cracking pace. Worth a go.

Saw this the other day and was tempted. Will check it out now.Cheers!

My anime collection is now huge! :)

I haven't watched a really good anime in a very long time now. I am currently watching Sakurasou na pet no Kanojo which is a pretty good anime but I always hate it when the main character is so oblivious to female advances. 

Nope, nor me. The last series I watched was Berserk but I was very disappointed with it.

Aside from lazy animation (the amount of still shots used must have been some kind of record) and the fact that despite there being an awful lot of fights and battles, none of them were well animated, fleshed out or interesting, coupled with the fact that the anime only scratches the surface of the overarching story before getting cancelled it would appear... it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm not really all that fussed about seeking the manga out to find out what happens though. I only found out after I'd watched the final episode of the anime that it ends rather abruptly. That annoyed me.

I've heard Steins;Gate is meant to be very good. Anyone seen it? Worth a watch?

Edited by Ginko

Nope, nor me. The last series I watched was Berserk but I was very disappointed with it.

Aside from lazy animation (the amount of still shots used must have been some kind of record) and the fact that despite there being an awful lot of fights and battles, none of them were well animated, fleshed out or interesting, coupled with the fact that the anime only scratches the surface of the overarching story before getting cancelled it would appear... it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm not really all that fussed about seeking the manga out to find out what happens though. I only found out after I'd watched the final episode of the anime that it ends rather abruptly. That annoyed me.

Here is a list of the animes I have watched over the years including their ratings:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ksno&show=0&order=4

I gave Stein's Gate a 7/10 but thinking back, I think that's a little harsh. It was a good anime, but I personally didn't like the ending. The movie was good though. That ended the series better. 

Whoa whoa whoa...let me get this straight.

You don't like Berserk, you don't like David Lynch, you don't like celeb noods, you moan about Elite Dangerous.

Man, I thought we were bro's?

Ha, I love Elite:Dangerous, it's my computer that's the issue, that and the fact I'm crap at the game.

I like nude hot women as much as the next guy, but only when it's consensual.

I'm currently recording Twin Peaks as it's shown on Syfy and will get back to you on Lynch after I've seen a couple of episodes.

And yes, Berserk was crap. Seriously, go back and watch it again and look at how many still shots they use. The fight scenes are naff and the story doesn't get concluded. I kept waiting for it to get good and it never came.

• 3 weeks later...

Based on the game? Didn't realise it had a show. Always wanted to play one of those but as far as I know they're all on DS and 3DS and I've never had one. Good ol' Level 5. Sports anime is a pretty popular subgenre, Prince of Tennis was like, enourmous. Captain Tsubasa is the only football one I've ever seen any of, it's kind of old now though.

Ha, I love Elite:Dangerous, it's my computer that's the issue, that and the fact I'm crap at the game.

I like nude hot women as much as the next guy, but only when it's consensual.

I'm currently recording Twin Peaks as it's shown on Syfy and will get back to you on Lynch after I've seen a couple of episodes.

And yes, Berserk was crap. Seriously, go back and watch it again and look at how many still shots they use. The fight scenes are naff and the story doesn't get concluded. I kept waiting for it to get good and it never came.

I think it's best we take a break from each other. I hope you can find someone who is good enough for you cos clearly I'm not. GOODBYE.

• Like 1

I'm on the last 2 episodes of Steins:Gate it took a while to get used to the characters and hyperbole but once it got into the swing of things it really picked up.

• 6 months later...

Just finished 'Attack on titan', it was bloody superb.  Might have to acquire the Manga, I can't wait until 2016 for more.

Next animes are Cowboy Bebop and FLCL.

Edited by Wainy316

Â