The Anime & Manga Thread

GarethRDR

Watched a few episodes of this this morning, they're only about 10 minutes long each. Still as funny as I recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0LaNDv2nGg

It's a rather rude, short lived comedy about a cheese loving housekeeping hamster called Ebichu, who offers sex tips to its owner, and usually ends up in a puddle of its own blood after being slapped about. Good fun :)

What on Earth did I just watch?  :blink:

Good aint it! I don't think it's mentioned in that episode, but Ebichu worships Camembert cheese(u), and also occasionally dresses up like a superhero called Ebichuman and flies in to couples bedrooms whilst they are mid-coitus to offer helpful tips. It's wonnnderful. HAHA! I've just googled some pictures to post in here and have remembered an episode where Ebichu meets a guy that actually loves hamsters, like, loves them, so Ebishu dresses up all 'sexy'. I'm going to have to seek it out later and rewatch it.

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_magyng4URj1rtrtuko1_1280.png

tumblr_mihc17UEXl1r2378to1_400.gif

• Like 1

Did anyone watched Kaiji ?!

One of those anime that would like to finish as soon as possible ! Put you in stress and excite at the same time ..

Could say that the most similar atmosphere to it is DN ..

Anyway it's worth watching ..

• 2 weeks later...

I really dislike Bleach. Of all the major animes, my favorites would be Full Metal Alchemist (the original and even Brotherhood) and Death Note. Naruto is so ridiculously drawn out (what's it been, 12 years now?) that I've lost interest in it years ago.

I am the opposite, but it's the anime I put on when working as I don't have to concentrate but still enjoy :)

Payday next week, Ghost in the Shell stand alone complex is on my radar as well as a few more :)

What's Attack on Titans about? How much fan service, are there teen aged children saving the world, giant robots, cute cuddly speaking animals?!

Looks good and is quite highly rated. I've been looking for a couple of new shows to get into so I'll give it a watch. In fact, I'll watch the first episode on Crunchyroll right now :)

What's Attack on Titans about? How much fan service, are there teen aged children saving the world, giant robots, cute cuddly speaking animals?!

It's about the human race pretty much caging itself behind giant walls to protect themselves from these giant, man-eating humanoid creatures called titans. They lived behind those walls for 100 years until one day the titans invaded and ate like half the population. The story pretty much follows the main character and his quest to aid in mankind's fightback.

Well, I'm up to date on Attack on Titan (episode 12) and I'm hooked. I do wonder why it's called Attack on Titan though, surely Attack of the Titans or Attack on the Titans would make more sense? Oh well.

I have been trying not to watch attack on titan because I hate starting a show while it is still running. I don't like waiting each week for a 20-22 minute episode to be released.

I recently lived with someone who watched a fair bit of anime. I never watched much prior to living with him but he showed me some great shows. I told him what I liked in a show and he found me some great animes so I relay them to everyone here. 

Mirai Nikki

Guilty crown

Darker than black

Code geass

Deadman Wonderland

Sword Art online (episodes 1-13, rest was mediocre)

Highschool of the Dead (great show but lots of unnecessary fan service)

Those are the animes I watched within the last year. I really really really liked Mirai Nikki. It was ridiculously good. One of the best series I have ever seen. If you watch one anime, it should be Mirai Nikki. 

Well, I'm up to date on Attack on Titan (episode 12) and I'm hooked. I do wonder why it's called Attack on Titan though, surely Attack of the Titans or Attack on the Titans would make more sense? Oh well.

It's Japanese. You don't question these things.

Well the show's official Japanese name is 'Shingeki no Kyojin', which translates to 'Advancing Giants', but the powers that be decided to give 'Attack on Titan' as the official English name, which makes little sense to me, so I do question it, good sir :P

I just read the premise on 'Mirai Nikki' and it looks pretty interesting, so now that I'm up to date with 'Attack on Titan'  (I too hate waiting a week for a new show to come out but I couldn't resist) I'll give it a watch. Is it only 26 episodes long or are they on a break until a new season starts?

Edited by Ginko

I'm up to episode 20 of 'Mirai Nikki' and it's good, I'm enjoying it. It's in the same vein as 'Death Note' which if you've never seen, you really should, even if the ending doesn't quite do the rest of the show justice, in my opinion.

I'm up to episode 20 of 'Mirai Nikki' and it's good, I'm enjoying it. It's in the same vein as 'Death Note' which if you've never seen, you really should, even if the ending doesn't quite do the rest of the show justice, in my opinion.

Told you it was amazing! It is my favorite anime. As for the ending, it continues after that. There was an ova just released that extends off the ending and wraps up the show very well. Here is a link to the subbed version:

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/mirai-nikki-redial-episode-1-online

It wasn't supposed to come out till the middle of this month but it leaked online. I liked how it ended. A lot of closure. 

I also recently watched Angel Beats! and I have to say it was pretty good. It was heavily recommended to me by a good friend and he said it was a very sad, but good anime. Pretty much it revolves around a group of high school students who died but when they died they had regrets in their life so they get sent to this other world where they can live out their wishes that they didn't get to do when they were alive. Once they accomplish what they set out to do in the other world, they move on and officially die. The ending was so sad. Overall I'd suggest it.

Is Pokemon welcome here? i was never really a fan of the pokemon anime, i always hoped they would do a darker, more grown-up version, but got to admit that i have been hooked to the newest regions series. Some of the interactions between characters is clever and bringing back old characters is interesting. I think it only really stems back from being obsessed with the J-RPG's from the 90's up till now without any hesitation on whether to buy the newest games.

Never really given other animes a try but i might try reading manga, and giving anime a try but i don't know where to start really?

Is Pokemon welcome here? i was never really a fan of the pokemon anime, i always hoped they would do a darker, more grown-up version, but got to admit that i have been hooked to the newest regions series. Some of the interactions between characters is clever and bringing back old characters is interesting. I think it only really stems back from being obsessed with the J-RPG's from the 90's up till now without any hesitation on whether to buy the newest games.

Never really given other animes a try but i might try reading manga, and giving anime a try but i don't know where to start really?

There are tons of great animes. I used to be against anime because I hated the type of people who watched it, but a lot of people watch anime and don't let it take over their lives. I like watching animes that take a certain idea that would be impossible to do in real life and turn it into a television show. 

If you wanna get into anime, give me an idea of what you like to watch. Like what kind of genres do you like from movies or other television shows. There is an anime for everyone. 

Â