The Anime & Manga Thread

GarethRDR

Episode 13.5 of Attack on Titan did my head in. Screw watching anime weekly. I swear even in the normal episodes, like a third of the duration is for the opening and closing songs + preview.

I started the anime Another and wow it's amazing. It's a suspense/horror anime. I am only 4 episodes in, but I am hooked. If I didn't have to go work, I would have been up all night watching all 12 episodes. 

Not strictly anime, since it's American, but Avatar: The Last Airbender is brilliant.

The animation style has elements of Japanese anime, in the design of characters and monsters, and also takes inspiration from various Asian cultures for the story and mythology. 

Really good mix of humour, great characters, interesting story and beautiful animation. 

Probably one of the best cartoons I've watched. Highly recommend both the original series and the sequel series Legend of Korra.

Also ignore the abomination that was the Hollywood live action movie.

I'm not that into movies, tv series, or games Czechlad, but I most like to watch or play stuff that is emotionally deep, with long story arcs, I also love a bit of nostalgia, hence the pokemon thing. there was an episode recently where ash saw a charmander, started talking about his and eventually got his charizard back into his team and had a battle.

massive fan of Luther because of the emotions involved in that, there was a program called "the deep" on once which was pretty heavy emotionally, that sort of thing

Just finished Another. It was so good. I loved it and definitely recommend it but this is not for the faint of heart. It is very creep and is described as a horror anime, so lots of blood and gruesome deaths. The whole thing felt like a film and literally had me at the edge of my seat. Here is a trailer for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLHWglZrnC0

Pretty much there is a ghost living among the students but no one knows who it is. This ghost is causing students to be killed one by one until the anime reaches an amazing climax. Everyone accuses the other of being the murderer, but you'll never guess who it actually is. Such a twist. 

Edited by Czechlad

Really old?! Last FIVE years!? Oh man. You're really going to miss out on some great stuff. Is it the older style/quality of animation you don't like? I can understand that, but most stuff post mid 90s is fine.

Watched Monster?

Really old?! Last FIVE years!? Oh man. You're really going to miss out on some great stuff. Is it the older style/quality of animation you don't like? I can understand that, but most stuff post mid 90s is fine.

Watched Monster?

Yeah it's the animation that bothers me. I almost didn't watch Code Geass because the animation was really bothering me. I mean I have watched older animes before but I prefer the newer ones because it is much better quality.

If you like beautiful anime, check out Mushishi if you haven't seen that already. It might not be up your street though I suppose. It's not really an action-packed anime, it's more... whimsical. It's hard to describe. It's amazing though.

If you like beautiful anime, check out Mushishi if you haven't seen that already. It might not be up your street though I suppose. It's not really an action-packed anime, it's more... whimsical. It's hard to describe. It's amazing though.

I am currently watching fate/zero and it's pretty boring. I am 12 episodes in and I am barely keeping interest. I might give Mushishi is try. I'll look up a trailer and see if I like it. 

• 5 weeks later...

I know this is sacrilege in this thread, but I have never watched any Dragon Ball whatsoever and I think it's time I put a stop to that. I'm hearing that Dragon Ball isn't worth sitting through and to just move onto DBZ, but I'm a completionist and I'd feel like I was missing out, so I'm asking your advice on this.

Also, I can't seem to find subbed versions of Dragon Ball or DBZ online. I'm really not one for dubbed, so does anyone know of a place where they stream subbed versions or do they not exist for whatever reason?

Watch DBZ first, then go back to Dragon Ball. It's cool to know about some of Goku's earlier adventures as a kid but it's not like you're missing much if you go straight to DBZ. That's not to say Dragon Ball isn't great though.

Â