The Anime & Manga Thread

GarethRDR

To negate further hijacking of the "Recommend Me A Film" thread. :)

I'll kick things off with a bit of a cerebral, high-brow discussion:

Who would win in a robot rumble; Evas or Patlabors?

Haven't watched any anime for ages, but currently waiting for East of Eden and Appleseed: ex machina to turn up from ebay, both look interesting.

I love Red Garden and Full Metal Panic and sadly various harem comedies.

Ooh, danke! Sky set.

No problemo and me too!

The good news is the print will be the remastered one. However it is the dubbed version that they are showing...I can't remember which version I've seen before it was so long ago! :shock:

I love ninja scroll. Class fights in that.

I remember loving Akira and recently rewatched it and it wasn't the same. Pity.

Ghibli movies like princess monoke, spirited away and howls moving castle are excellent.

Some ones i havent seen since i was young like devil boy, 3 x 3 eyes etc.. wonder if they're still good

Shout out for ghost in the shell, fantastic movie.

Im in the same boat as a few of you.

My anime knowledge begins and ends with Akria, although it is a really good film.

I have the DVD box set of it with the orginal Jap/USA sound and both the revamped Jap/USA sounds.

I really prefer the old jap one to be honest, American Dubs dont work.

When I was a kid I used to like DBZ :oops: :lol:

Elfen lied is a really good series that I recently watched, i'd recommend that. Also, I'm quite a big fan of Tsutomu Nihei comics, Biomega/Blame!/Noise. Blame! was released as a series of seven short movies back in the late 90's, you can find them fairly easily around the internet now and they are fantastic - very dark and defining for the cyber punk genre.

..and of course, Ghost in the Shell, arguably one of the most important films of all time.

Elfen lied is a really good series that I recently watched, i'd recommend that.

Have you seen Higurashi? So **** up

One of my favourite series' Gantz had a really messed ending too ugh. And the ending of Berserk which is also one of my favourites.

I havent kept up with new series and that for a few years though, in fact the only anime I've seen in the last couple of years was Nadesco and Paranoia Agent.

Still buy Sadamoto's Eva manga, as the Eng volumes have been slowly appearing over the last 8 or so years.

What's to "get" about Ainme? It's just a form of animation. You must be talking about certain types of ainme, like cyber punk, etc..

Please check out Grave of the Fireflies. Considered one of the most powerful antiwar movies.

Have you seen Higurashi? So **** up

I was trying to remeber the name of that yesterday, not far wrong, proper messed up. I must get my hands on the remaining episodes.....

I challenge anyone to watch Grave of the Fireflies and not want to burst into tears, very good movie. Would recommend any Studio Ghibli, was disappointed to find out I would have to take a child with me to watch Arriety at the Barbican next month. Hope it gets a full cinema release like Ponyo.

Â