What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Mr Lee Scratch Perry is 82 years old and still releasing new and original material. I saw him live 3 or 4 years ago and he set his hat on fire. Just threw it back stage and kept singing.

I'd be fairly sure he's the oldest artist in my collection.

Anybody got an older one they can name?

I think he's probably the oldest alive and still performing and releasing new material in mine too.

I saw him earlier in the year at Positive Vibrations, there’s plenty of life left in the man yet too. No smoking ban was going to stop Scratch from having a doobie on stage and the back line guy might as well have a champagne chiller side stage as he wanted plenty of that during his set too.

I know he's just released an album (heard one track so far) but next year he's releasing a monster. The third album of his to be produced by Adrian Sherwood, which is based around the story of his life. I’ve heard a couple of unfinished mixes of a couple of tracks and they sound absolutely awesome

9FC858BC-643C-4F68-BBBE-8098F5B3F281.jpeg

• Like 2

Sorting out an old tub of records and having a bit of a refresh of what's out for playing, when I find a bundle labelled 'randoms'.

Excellent, I thought, let's pop this open and see what's in here.

Now I'm listening to INXS and Bonnie Tyler. Could be a long evening.

30512354697_c694f5e6b1_n.jpg 43635716100_11fe995545.jpg

On 20/10/2018 at 11:21, chrisp65 said:

what age artists get to and still have the drive to make and perform new material.

Yoko Ono just did one, and she's 85 apparently,. The track I heard was pretty dreadful, mind.

On 20/10/2018 at 14:46, bickster said:

I think he's probably the oldest alive and still performing and releasing new material in mine too.

I saw him earlier in the year at Positive Vibrations, there’s plenty of life left in the man yet too. No smoking ban was going to stop Scratch from having a doobie on stage and the back line guy might as well have a champagne chiller side stage as he wanted plenty of that during his set too.

I know he's just released an album (heard one track so far) but next year he's releasing a monster. The third album of his to be produced by Adrian Sherwood, which is based around the story of his life. I’ve heard a couple of unfinished mixes of a couple of tracks and they sound absolutely awesome

9FC858BC-643C-4F68-BBBE-8098F5B3F281.jpeg

Willie Nelson for me, still performing at 85, still releasing some of his best material, he releases something like 3 albums a year, his latest has a cover of My Way on it. Didn't think anyone could breath new life into that song, Willie does. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 3

and a very nice end to the weekend

45604826381_988e78b51d_n.jpg 43786708430_7945f644e5_n.jpg

I'd had that TVAM album recommended to me by my local record shop but didn't really pay it any attention as I was there for something else. Then a week later, @Xann and @bickster post it up on the same day. So I've had a listen and yeah, I like that. It's gone on the list. My love of repetition couldn't resist it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

and a very nice end to the weekend

45604826381_988e78b51d_n.jpg 43786708430_7945f644e5_n.jpg

I'd had that TVAM album recommended to me by my local record shop but didn't really pay it any attention as I was there for something else. Then a week later, @Xann and @bickster post it up on the same day. So I've had a listen and yeah, I like that. It's gone on the list. My love of repetition couldn't resist it.

I like the Lee Perry new one but I do have a gripe. I'd rather the originals were on disc one and the dubs on disc two. I'm usually in the mood for one or the other

Anyway, now the CD player is up and running I'm reacquainting myself with some albums I've not listened to in ages, currently the Future Blues of Skip McDonalds Little Axe and The Wolf That House Built

R-221777-1508152642-4128.jpeg.jpg

Â