What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

3 hours ago, Pelle said:

you go on to say that Sheer heart attack is your favourite. Mine too

You guys. You simply can't have a favourite called SHA. It is very wrong.

Stop liking Queen immediately.

:mrgreen: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

You guys. You simply can't have a favourite called SHA. It is very wrong.

Stop liking Queen immediately.

:mrgreen: 

Well, in a Queen forum a normally call it... that. But I couldn't do it here. :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pelle said:

Don't know how to respond to this. You thrash TM, which is one of my favourite albums (Was it all worth it is one of their best none single songs ever), and then you go on to say that Sheer heart attack is your favourite. Mine too. And Queen and Queen II are excellent. I like HS too. But then again, the only album I don't like is FG soundtrack. Listened to it in the car yesterday. It can hardly count for an album.

Each to their own and all that! 

My understanding is that the Flash soundtrack all fell to Brian in the end as the rest of the band cleared off/got bored/left it to Brian because he's a prima-donna.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Each to their own and all that! 

My understanding is that the Flash soundtrack all fell to Brian in the end as the rest of the band cleared off/got bored/left it to Brian because he's a prima-donna.

Something like that. I know he wrote most of the music/sounds, if not all. It feels like they thought "Well, let's release at as an album and move on." Listening to HS today. Much better. :) 

Mr Lee Scratch Perry is 82 years old and still releasing new and original material. I saw him live 3 or 4 years ago and he set his hat on fire. Just threw it back stage and kept singing.

I'd be fairly sure he's the oldest artist in my collection.

Anybody got an older one they can name?

Tony Bennett in the lead!. Yes, good call on Cohen. I just googled him up and whilst he's currently dead. He did live to be 82 and release an album 3 weeks before his death. So we've got a draw on our hands. Though with Lee in the advantageous position of still being alive.

Wasn't any sort of competition by the way, just curiosity on what age artists get to and still have the drive to make and perform new material.

When I was 40 I decided I was too old for gigs. Then I decided to revise that to 50. Now I'm looking around, there are people older than me there and I think hell, if I'm younger than the guy on the stage, it's fine. 

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Tony Bennett in the lead!. Yes, good call on Cohen. I just googled him up and whilst he's currently dead. He did live to be 82 and release an album 3 weeks before his death. So we've got a draw on our hands. Though with Lee in the advantageous position of still being alive.

Wasn't any sort of competition by the way, just curiosity on what age artists get to and still have the drive to make and perform new material.

When I was 40 I decided I was too old for gigs. Then I decided to revise that to 50. Now I'm looking around, there are people older than me there and I think hell, if I'm younger than the guy on the stage, it's fine. 

My gig-going is now close to what it was in my 20s, and considerably more than it was in my 40s. Largely due to being retired as opposed to being a working parent, as I was then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I assume he meant still living and performing. 

I assumed Chris meant how old when they released or performed something. I know he sadly died a couple of years ago.

kinda both / either

It wasn't just a list of old artists you could google, it was more what's in your personal collection or who have you seen perform at a ripe old age.

BB King was still performing live aged about 87/ 88. I saw him when he was in his early 70's and he was clearly in command of that room back then. That show, we were walking past the hall where he was playing, the crowds had died down, a support act was already playing. On the off chance and unplanned we walked up to the box office and asked if there were any returns.

The woman said 'yes, but only one single seat sorry'.

So I said I'd take it, turned to my wife and said 'you ok to do something else for a couple of hours?'

She was awesome then, awesome now.

• Like 1

Â