What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Not an album as such but a 2 hour plus podcast celebrating probably the most prolific bass player ever - Carol Kaye (look her credits up)

Soundcloud Link

See her comments regularly on Facebook via some US friends and a Beach Boys fan page

Yeah, but hopefully it was a beautiful discovery?

It's got a bit of everything in there, pop songs, heavier tunes a bit of romance, comedy and social comment. But most of all, it's just good tunes.

That particular copy, with the circular sleeve, is 30 years old and still as clean and crackle free as ever - which considering the amount its been played and the kit its been played on is close to witchcraft.

It certainly was a lovely discovery! My anti-luddite demon on my shoulder made me give in to the technology they call "Spotify", and I am now listening to everything I always wanted to. (Except Oasis, what a shame.) ((sd))

Paying for the premium is actually worse for my bank account on account of the spending that will be happening on LPs.

I listened to the debut LP of The Cramps, End Hits by Fugazi and Built Only 4 Cuban Linx for the first time last week. Bye bye money....

• Like 1

Â