What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Gruff Rhys - Sadness Sets Me Free

This new album is the only GR solo album I own. It's a decent album but I don’t think I'd want too many of his albums as they all seem to be a bit similar to my ears

I'll have the Gruff Rhys album Bob, which version do you want? The cheaper black vinyl one not the coloured vinyl with the different sleeve one. £6 more for pretty, nah

image.jpeg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

This new album is the only GR solo album I own. It's a decent album but I don’t think I'd want too many of his albums as they all seem to be a bit similar to my ears

I'll have the Gruff Rhys album Bob, which version do you want? The cheaper black vinyl one not the coloured vinyl with the different sleeve one. £6 more for pretty, nah

image.jpeg

It’s his 25th album, apparently.

I’ve got all the SFA stuffs, obvs, then I’ve got Yr Atal Genhedlaeth, Candylion, vs Tony Gatorra, and Seeking New Gods. I think those four have comprehensively covered what he does.

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s his 25th album, apparently.

I’ve got all the SFA stuffs, obvs, then I’ve got Yr Atal Genhedlaeth, Candylion, vs Tony Gatorra, and Seeking New Gods. I think those four have comprehensively covered what he does.

Yep of his solo stuff a double album best of is probably all I'd need

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

image.jpeg

Off to see him Thursday night at a small album launch gig in totnes. 

Will get my copy of the album then!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Off to see him Thursday night at a small album launch gig in totnes. 

Will get my copy of the album then!

I’m contemplating whether to get a ticket or not for his Liverpool show on 17th, the missus is away in London that night and I still can’t decide… Just not sure if GR live is something I'd want to watch.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’m contemplating whether to get a ticket or not for his Liverpool show on 17th, the missus is away in London that night and I still can’t decide… Just not sure if GR live is something I'd want to watch.

It’s

the gaps

when

he’s

speaking.

They can

be

irritating.

• Haha 2

Listening to an incredibly creative and inspired metal release from an Aussie band called Cave Sermon. Excellent blend of post/death/sludge that absolutely hits the right spots. Love hearing albums that truly push metal forward:

17 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm worried that bearded aliens from the shires have invaded my house

image.jpeg

That looks familiar ;)

Not bad is it?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes, very good.

You should try BC Camplight. Not totally the same but it might be up your street

Not heard of him, I'll have a listen.

• Like 1

Â