What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Fripp and Eno - (No Pussyfooting)

Fripp and Eno's first dabble at a UK version of the Kosmiche, groundbreaking stuff for the UK and I guess this is also the first seedlings of Bowie's Berlin trilogy

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Box set

spacer.png

TEN albums

TEN

and, a Reader’s Digest Guarantee of Quality

spacer.png

and an extra record discovered in there

record ELEVEN!

spacer.png

eleven records for a pound, or 9.1p per record

AND there’s an extra pound going towards protecting the cats

• Like 1

Popped into town on my way home… absolutely no new releases but I was tempted by this

Sandie Shaw - Reviewing The Situation

A 1969 album of covers. Which was re-released on RSD 2020 in expanded form (now a double with tracks that didn’t make the original release, a whole extra album of them) This hasn’t been in the shop all that time, apparently some stock came to light that had never been sent out. It does include *spits* B**tles numbers by also includes Lay Lady Lay and what is supposed to be the first ever Led Zep cover (You're Time is Gonna Come). It’s kind interesting

image.jpeg

After not buying any music in 2023 , I’ve already bought an album in 2024 … Shed Seven’s New one dropped today , can’t actually play it as I don’t have a CD player so will have to use the PC at work on Monday  , but it had the added bonus of coming with a live ticket to see them perform it in Kingston in a couple of weeks time … one of my favourite live bands so can't wait 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

After not buying any music in 2023 , I’ve already bought an album in 2024 … Shed Seven’s New one dropped today , can’t actually play it as I don’t have a CD player so will have to use the PC at work on Monday  , but it had the added bonus of coming with a live ticket to see them perform it in Kingston in a couple of weeks time … one of my favourite live bands so can't wait 

Still not fully well then Tony. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 01/01/2024 at 01:11, bickster said:

Another of those oh look back catalogue vinyl releases can be reasonably priced days.

Classic Hard Bop album Brilliant Corners by Thelonious Monk, on black 180g vinyl, Priced at the almost reasonable just under £17

Yes, it’s where the Bristol based Indie Poppers got their name from.

image.jpeg

Great album.   If you've never seen the documentary "Thelonious Monk:  Straight, No Chaser" you should check it out.   I'm sure it's available on some streaming service.   I saw it in the theater when it first came out back in the late '80s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Great album.   If you've never seen the documentary "Thelonious Monk:  Straight, No Chaser" you should check it out.   I'm sure it's available on some streaming service.   I saw it in the theater when it first came out back in the late '80s.

As it happens, I have the album on again. I shall put the doc on my list

On 25/12/2023 at 11:52, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

This record had these tucked inside the sleeve:

spacer.png   spacer.png

After a bit of investigating it seems they are promotional additions that are pretty rare.

• Like 3

Mini album / EP. First “new” record of the year

Warrington Runcorn New Town Development Plan - Live At The Eklectik Arts Lab May 2023

Castles In Space Subscription Library exclusive (White Vinyl version). Arrived in t'post today

Sounds ace but I gues this type of stuff is much easier to record live than traditional instruments. 
Edit: review from the missus, it can stay in bloody Warrington :D 
image.jpeg

• Like 1

Â