What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Surprise Christmas present! Amazing. The album that either defined or ruined the sound of the 80s depending on your opinion.

IMG_20231225_104115_(904_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.0854d69452a00097dfd286b5c891aca7.jpg

Another Hipgnosis album cover. Apparently the cover of 1, 2 and 3 at least came out of the recycle bin, they were all proposals for other artists and they sold the idea to Gabriel as original ideas :D 

He only discovered this later on

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Another Hipgnosis album cover. Apparently the cover of 1, 2 and 3 at least came out of the recycle bin, they were all proposals for other artists and they sold the idea to Gabriel as original ideas :D 

He only discovered this later on

I remember Steve Hackett saying that Genesis were offered the weird obelisk thing on Zeppelin's Presence album, but said no to it (although none of the other band members seemed to recall that) so I guess the recycling/passing on of ideas was more common than realised at the time.

On 23/12/2023 at 17:08, bickster said:

Great series of compilations, I have all four they’ve released so far

Completed the 'Space Oddities'. The missing Estardy title came with the full Brexit sting, but I got a nice sticker :rolleyes:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I remember Steve Hackett saying that Genesis were offered the weird obelisk thing on Zeppelin's Presence album, but said no to it (although none of the other band members seemed to recall that) so I guess the recycling/passing on of ideas was more common than realised at the time.

Hipgnosis we’re legendary for it. Watch the Doc on Netflix. That story is actually mentioned

• Like 1

The missus and daughter are busy doing things like putting their gifts away and having showers etc so…

Slowdive - Everything is Alive

It’s also mellow enough for the occasion I think. It should also probably go in my AotY list I think in the notable mentions

Edit: I have been allowed to listen to side 2 because it fits the mood, it really must be Christmas :D 

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I always imagined them to be black, for some reason.

I think a lot of people do. White kids, literally kids too. Like the majority of the great girl groups 2-3 albums and then done. 

The Smile wasn’t working for Xmas Day so I've gone with this next

A Castles in Space subscription library release from the end last year

Tim Lea Young - M3on.

First track is a complete re-imagination of Jerusalem but it’s a mellow electronic and choral affair with hints of jazz

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Vroom Vroom!

When I had a labouring job in a warehouse, there were a couple of other music geeks there, and we worked up an elaborate parody version called 'Loader of the Packs'. 

I guess you had to be there. 

• Haha 1

Â