What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 hours ago, Jon said:

Really ?! must meet up for a pre match beer or 2 then , yes ? the brew dog bar is v close but you may prefer a more traditional offering like the Britons protection?

:) - Definitely yes - wherever suits a man of your excellent tastes, Jon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I'm under strict orders not to buy anymore vinyl til after Christmas, as 75% of my gifts are going to be records :)

I've bought a record I've now had to hand over as it will be a present from the mother in law, that she will think my wife has selected for me.

Obviously, I had to get 'Pussy'.

I genuinely don't think my missus has actually looked at it yet as I expected it to be rejected...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Obviously, I had to get 'Pussy'.

I genuinely don't think my missus has actually looked at it yet as I expected it to be rejected...

Rammstein or Pussy Plays? I don't know any others

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Pussy Plays.

Heard enough to know it was worth a further listen, but too much of a risk for it to be 'my' November purchase, so it's a christmas prezzie.

A repress I assume...originals cost a rather large sum

25 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

A repress I assume...originals cost a rather large sum

Yes, a repress and forming one of my pet gripes at the moment.

My local little independent store are capable of selling it for £12.99 on 180gm cream coloured vinyl and turning a profit. All that profit stays local and the shop organises regular free gigs for regular punters.

HMV don't have it. HMV is a soulless supermarket of vinyl bobble heads and Batman tee shirts and represses of Iron Maiden albums yours for just £28.99.

Yet I go in to my local shop and it's me and Ash the owner, I go in to HMV and its full of kids, confused nans and middle aged men buying £24 represses of Oasis albums.

The world ain't right.

• Like 3

On 18/11/2016 at 09:58, Designer1 said:

61PlF7gJEvL.jpg

Saw that was released, but tbh 17 quid for about 3 tracks I don't have already on other albums/EPs seemed a bit expensive.

edit - Just one, actually, which I just got for free from Amazon so all's good.

such lovely tasteful people on here.....

....standby.....

30968326571_9e1009da0e.jpg

a nice bit of Mike Cooper, mixed in with some Creation at coffee breaks

Does a double 10" count as an album?

Limited edition original silk screen print cover art that is, right there.

Anyway, Mike Cooper. Basically a one man band building up birdsong, percussion loops and slide guitar.

Edited by chrisp65
'tubin'
  • Like 1

Â