What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

been listening to nothing but the black rebel motorcycle club over the last few days, great band

I remember seeing them play live, shortly after they'd release their first album, and they were brilliant. Dark, moody, and loud as hell! I saw them again a few years later, and they sounded like Mumford & Sons.

• Like 1

been listening to nothing but the black rebel motorcycle club over the last few days, great band

I remember seeing them play live, shortly after they'd release their first album, and they were brilliant. Dark, moody, and loud as hell! I saw them again a few years later, and they sounded like Mumford & Sons.

Was that after Howl that they sounded like Mumford & Bums?

That was there little acoustic folky phase (I loved it) I remember reading an interview with them when they said they did it to prove that they wern't just one trick ponies, they reverted back to their old sound on the albums after that one

That's an exaggeration fella.

Was that after Howl that they sounded like Mumford & Bums?

That was there little acoustic folky phase (I loved it) I remember reading an interview with them when they said they did it to prove that they wern't just one trick ponies, they reverted back to their old sound on the albums after that one

I'm exaggerating a little bit to be honest, but yeah, around the time of Howl. I still love the first album, and the second one has its moments, but I didn't have much time for them after that. I guess my musical tastes also started to evolve a bit around then too.

That's an exaggeration fella.

Totally! It was said as bit of a wind up in all honsety.  ;) As I said to leemond, I don't dislike them, I just got a bit bored of them. For what it's worth, I consider, "What Ever Happened To My Rock & Roll" to be one of the best songs of the 00s.

image027.jpg

It's like an everlasting gobstopper that copy, I've had that one with the circular sleeve about 30+ years and it still plays impeccably, hardly a tick or a click or a scratch from start to finish.

Edited by chrisp65

Found this hypnotic double album baby all shiny and new a few days ago and had to have it.

All tactile and 2 x 180 heavy. Flipping, touching just the edge of vinyl, the sleeve slide, notes you can actually read. 

Ridiculous.

A slow drive to Swansea now, with my newly ripped car CD copy:

CCkJU4kWgAAV5lH.jpg

Truly, is home taping really killing music?

• Like 1

Â