What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I heard he news his week that some label is going to finally reissue the first three albums by possibly the greatest not widely known alternative band from the 80s The Sound, so I pulled this out of the rack. It’s not a greatest hits, it’s not even a best of, in fact it’s not even a good career retrospective as it mixes live and studio tracks and they are in a really odd order. As compilations go it pretty much is a metaphor for the bands career… mismanaged and little publicised.

But anyway, I'll be putting my order in for a copy of Jeopardy (1st album) and All Fall Down (3rd), I still own From the Lion's Mouth (2nd)

I'm only on side 1 and as much as I do really love this band this compilation just leaves me asking why did you do that after every track. If anyone wants a case study in how not to compile a compilation album, this is it

The Sound - Counting The Days. Brilliant band, awful compilation

image.jpeg

spacer.png

Just had this delivered, currently £9.99 on amazon, get on it NY fans!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

Just had this delivered, currently £9.99 on amazon, get on it NY fans!

Already on it, had the CD since the day it was released back in 2020 🍻 seeing him in Bend, OR July 25, assuming the tour makes it to the end 🤞

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

Neil Young day today, the wife likes his "quieter" LPs.

Played Homegrown again, and After The Goldrush.

now onto Zuma (I'm sure I#ll be asked to put someone else on next 😂)

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Played Homegrown again, and After The Goldrush.

now onto Zuma (I'm sure I#ll be asked to put someone else on next 😂)

Zuma! My favorite. Then do the entire Ditch trilogy 👍👍

18 hours ago, bickster said:

£3 bargain bin from a record fair last weekend

image.jpeg

It just struck me that there is no way the BBC would make a series called "The Life and Times of David Lloyd" nowadays. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

My missus loves his heavy electric stuff - Like a Hurricane, Walk Like a Giant, Cortez the Killer, all that stuff. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My missus loves his heavy electric stuff - Like a Hurricane, Walk Like a Giant, Cortez the Killer, all that stuff. 

Same here, Ragged Glory is one of my faves.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

A lady after my own heart! My wife is the exact opposite when it comes to Neil. Like a Hurricane triggers her 🤣

I’m all for the Crazy Horse epic meltdown kind of stuff, it’s never loud or crazy enough for me. Was 12 in 78 so missed Live Rust but fortunate enough to have caught every Crazy Horse tour since 86

IMG-8361.gif

Walk Like a Giant (and Psychedelic Pill in general) vastly underrated. Ramada Inn is an all-timer 👍👍

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

Â