What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Hookworms is fairly raucous indie rock - like Mazes crossed with Archie Bronson and Savages.

Got the CD from their label, it came 4 days before it's due to be released.

Yeah, I love getting music through the post, too.

I've seen Hookworms live a few times, and although I quite liked them, I feel conflicted. A very good mate of mine hates them with a burning passion, having done gigs with them in Leeds a few times (apparently they're a right bunch of words removed), and as such I feel a loyalty to him. I think I would enjoy their album very much, but I'm not going to give it any of my time, as I gotta have my buddy's back on this one.

Don't need that, I have all the Help Yourself albums. Great band.

Never heard Dylan and the Dead, but it has the reputation of being an utter dog.

Edited by mjmooney

I have all the Help Yourself albums. Great band.

Ha Ha Yeah, right up your alley, pub Blues, a creditable Byrds style and a little bit Psych.

Recorded nicely too.

Wish the ratio of Psych was higher, but they're good enough at the other stuff.

I have all the Help Yourself albums. Great band.

Ha Ha Yeah, right up your alley, pub Blues, a creditable Byrds style and a little bit Psych.

Recorded nicely too.

Wish the ratio of Psych was higher, but they're good enough at the other stuff.

I hear them more as a Quicksilver Messenger Service/Poco crossbreed, through a Man/Rockfield Studios filter. But, yeah.

Don't need that, I have all the Help Yourself albums. Great band.

Never heard Dylan and the Dead, but it has the reputation of being an utter dog.

yeah its utter shit, gave it a listen on youtube yesterday out of curiousity and its pretty bad.

334hedv.jpg

Help Yourself -

sounds like i might like these.

B15zJzKIIAAn51j.jpg

As ever, the new Alabama 3 album comes out and after 3 days of listening, it's their biggest and best yet.

A great live band, popular enough to keep on keepin' on, touring and recording. But small enough for gig tickets to be affordable and to be able share a drink in the pub over the road before the gig.

New version of Devil Goes Down To Ibiza could make the dead dance. As can be seen at gigs, where the dead do indeed come out to dance.

I think i've gone as far as I can with Nick Cave now, he's firmly in one of my all time favourites.

Now I have a new artist I want to get into, and i'm hoping for some recommendations.

Anyone into Tom Waits? If so - what's the best album for a newcomer to start with?

• Like 1

Â